Victoria's Secret Stores

2.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

The hiring process was easy it took about 4 weeks. I turned my application in on a Sunday and was called on a Monday. My first interview was one on one and the second one was a group. The interview was very relaxed and the questions were easy. What is a Pink girl? What are current trends? I was asked between 5-7 questions each time. They actually call references.

I didn't negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

My interview was a group interview. Me and 5 other girls all hoping for the same position. The interview was fairly simple. Lots of questions about what inspires you, what your strengths are, 5 year plan, what you do in your spare time, what are you passionate about, and what you own from Victoria's Secret. They also ask about your home life, it became very personal for a first time group interview.

Interview Questions
    • "What 2 words would you use to describe your relationship to your work ethic?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waikïkï, HI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2014.

Found out that the company was hiring through a craigslist post and didn't think i'd get called for an interview. A few weeks later I got called back for a first group interview session and told if they were interested they'd call us back for a second session, 2 days later got the call back and asked what department we wanted to work in (I decided to go for PINK) and met with the manager for that PINK department, pretty easy going and laid back I would say. A day or two later I got a call back from the general manager with an offer.

DON'T FORGET TO WEAR BLACK TO THE INTERVIEW. Dress as if you were a worker at Victoria's Secret and follow their dress code of black and "business type" wear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission Viejo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2013.

I applied in person and turned in my application as soon I was done. I got a call back a week later for a group interview. Make sure to dress all black, fashionable yet interview attire. There were 5 of us and we all got along since we got to talk before the interview. Interview lasted for about 30-45 minutes. They told us if we knew the answer to their questions just answer right away.

Interview Questions
    • Which department would you like to work for and why would you be perfect for it?   Answer Question
    I negotiated for .50 more but they couldn't do it. It was .50 more than minimum wage so i accepted.

PINK Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

First had a group interview then a a one on one with the manager. Although the process itself was long, the interviews were very quick and to the point. Make sure you participate in the group interview and get right to the point.

Interview Questions
    • Who is the PINK girl?
      What makes you a good candidate for this position?
      Show us your best PINK outfit.

Answer Question

PINK Sales Associate Interview

the interview process was easy. they ask a few basic questions about your customer service experience, why you think you would be good for the position etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you participated in a team, what was your role?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2013.

Filled out an application and attached resume, got a call two weeks later asking me to come in for an interview the next week. It was a group interview with four other girls (make sure to wear all black like the employee dress code). Professional but very comfortable atmosphere. She asked basic questions like scenarios, and what you think about the brand/company, and why you want to work there. Interview only lasted 30 minutes on Thursday, then she called my references on Tuesday and offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • -Pick one thing out of your purse and try to sell it to me.
      -What comes to mind when you think of PINK?...of Victoria's Secret?
      -How would you satisfy an angry customer?

View Answer
    I did not negotiate, it's an entry-level position and I did not feel as if I was in any position to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peoria, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2013.

My city's mall is opening a new PINK store and renovating Victoria's secret. I've never had a job and had no luck the entire summer. I applied for VS on July 16 (a Tuesday). When I turned the application in, the girl working the cash wrap told me that they review applications every Monday and that I would probably hear from them in the next week. July 18 (a Thursday) I received a call asking for me to come in for an interview on Monday, and I agreed. July 20 (That Saturday), I was in the mall with my boyfriend when the manager called me and asked if I could come in earlier for the interview - since I was in the mall already, we had it then. The interview was solo (obviously because it was so last minute). I walked in the store and started chatting with the cashier who, as it turns out, goes to my university. Once the two managers came out, they introduced themselves and took me in to the back room. They both sat down and one of them asked me a bunch of questions out of this little pink book of interview questions. It was very laid back - both girls were very friendly. They asked me to tell them about myself and asked questions about my job experience, what I thought it meant to be a PINK girl, and they asked if i could sell them one PINK item, what would it be?

Interview Questions
    At the end, they asked me about my schedule and offered me $8.45/hr which I accepted because I didn't feel I was in a place to negotiate considering it was my first job. They hired me on the spot. I wish I had negotiated though, I probably could have gotten a little more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Group interview. Ask questions like strengths and weakness. Same questions all interviewers ask. The actual hiring process was extensive. The whole thing took a month from the day of my interview to when I actually started. Training is a lot of work. They had you a packet of books and it take 4 days to go through it. It is paid training though.

Interview Questions
    They called and told me they wanted to hire me at 9.50 an hour as a PINK sales associate and I agreed. They scheduled my training which was extremely extensive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2012.

The interview process for Victoria Secret Pink took about 2 weeks. They ask for two references just make sure you check out. They usually ask your references what three words they would use to describe you. Also the interview was very casual. I had two interviews. The first one was just filling the application out and general questions by one manager. The second interview was held with another manager and two other girls. They are looking for some one that fits into their Pink girl theme and has their own unique personality. If you get the job they do an on boarding/training process which is 6 steps and can take sometime, but you get paid for it. Also scheduling for hours depends on how flexible you and how many girls work there. You can easily swap schedules with another girl if you need more hours or if something comes up. Although sometimes it can be hard to get hours if there are a lot of girls already working there, but if you talk to management about your concerns they are accommodating. Your co-workers are young and alot of fun and make time go by fast.

Interview Questions
    • An unexpected question was "what is the first thing you notice in a store?"   View Answer
    • They asked " how you would approach a customer? "   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. It is a set hourly wage. However,there is room for advancement if you become a good sales rep either in the fitting room, bra specialist, stocking room manager etc. Then of course there is a raise.