Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Nov 15, 2014

2.2

306 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I applied at a local VS, make sure when you turn in your app you ask for a manager and speak with them and give the app to them.. it did take 8 days for me to get a call back so don't get discouraged! I was called on a Sunday for an interview the next day, and as expected it was a group interview with 2 other girls. I was the only girl to wear all black and the manager later thanked me for that.. The questions were simple we all had the chance to answer, I answered first the most, but you want to let the other girls talk too, at the end we made sure our availability was correct and that our references were good ones. This is super important because in order for them to hire you they need to speak with 2 references so make sure you have reliable ones! 4 days after my interview I was called for on boarding the next day which is basically all your training.. I was the only one from my interview for on boarding also. Very easy process!

Interview Questions
  • Would you feel comfortable selling at least 250 dollars worth of merchandise an hour?   View Answer
Make sure you have good references that will call the managers back, and wear all black to your interview, and be confident! VS strives to make women confident :)

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

After submitting an application in the store, I was called back for an interview (I believe most are group interviews). A group of girls sat around in the break room and the manager asked a few different questions to each candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly expected questions, mostly regarding customer experience. Several questions require you to give an example.   Answer Question
    Pay was not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Paper application. Called in for a group interview. Must be very brand loyal and excited to work with VS and Pink brands. It helps if you wear professional attire to the interview. Do not be afraid to speak up. The questions are asked generally and not just to one person. Don't be the one who is quiet the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate pay, but should have. Whatever you put on your application is about what they offer you. I would at least put $9 an hour. When I left, I found out some of the girls were making that.

Sales Associate Interview

I filled out paper app, had interview the same day ! It was a group interview as expected but it turned out to be just two of us ! Interview was fairly easy,basic questions! Offered on the spot as long as references checked out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to demonstrate a product ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

First there was a group interview. Very general questions, interviewer asked which category each of us would be most interested in. Second round of interview is one on one with category manager.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward questions. Regardless of which category you are in, they want you to be able to sell their credit card so be ready to role play that.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Went in to turn in an application, had an interview on the spot. Later got called in to do a group interview, a little intimidating. But just be comfortable and kind, the answers will come to you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected except "Sell me something in your purse" caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

I initially applied for the job on a whim and got a call about 4 days later for first interview. It went great but I was a little bummed when I was told that the position was seasonal, I wanted a part time job. So about a week later I received a second interview. The second interview was with the Store Manager and he was very nice and friendly. He offered me a part-time sales associate position on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • what were some accomplishments you're proud of?   Answer Question
    • describe a time where you've exceeded a customers expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

I printed off my application and brought it into the store, wearing a suit with my hair and makeup fully done. I would say that appearances are important, not necessarily having photo shoot makeup and hair, but putting forth an effort to look put-together and fashionable. The manager approached me and took my application with a warm smile. She promised to be in touch in the next week or two to set up an interview and true to her word, she called the following week week. I interviewed with her two days later. It was supposed to be a group interview, however the second girl didn't make it for the interview so it was just us! She started out by asking me to tell her a little bit about myself and my lifestyle. Next we discussed the position that I was interested in. She told me about a few changes that were currently happening in the company, which I really appreciated, as it changed my mind about the position I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • If 20 people walked into the store, what would you do? How would you know which ones to sell to, and who would spend more money?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied in stores. Called a day later to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was very short, probably about 15-20 minutes, really casual. We sat on a couch right outside of the store. Not really any hard questions asked. They called about a week later asking for my references and then called back a couple hours later to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    None but they pay they offered was far more than I had expected so it didn't matter to me.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied, got called because they were interested,had a group interview- made sure I answered all the questions but in the appropriate amount of time, don't drag on, but don't let another interviewee outshine you. They call you back if they want a second interview, I was called later that day, scheduled a second interview with a higher up manager, was called and told I got the job.