Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.2

287 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied in stores. Called a day later to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was very short, probably about 15-20 minutes, really casual. We sat on a couch right outside of the store. Not really any hard questions asked. They called about a week later asking for my references and then called back a couple hours later to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
None but they pay they offered was far more than I had expected so it didn't matter to me.

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I was interviewed at the storage room of the store and the atmosphere was kind of serious and professional. The hiring manager held a pretty quick interview for me so I could say that she wasn't interested in me. Overall the interview isn't hard. It all just depends on the need of the store for new associates.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied, got called because they were interested,had a group interview- made sure I answered all the questions but in the appropriate amount of time, don't drag on, but don't let another interviewee outshine you. They call you back if they want a second interview, I was called later that day, scheduled a second interview with a higher up manager, was called and told I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Personally, we received many applications, most of which were never looked at. If they are written poorly or sloppy, we just threw them out. If the applicant did not look business professional when delivering the application, it really looked bad. If you do not get a call back, calling the store directly will do little but annoy the management team. They will give vague answers about when they will be hiring. If you do get a call back, you will be included in a group interview of usually 3-5 girls. Standard questions are asked, "In this situation, what would you do...?", "Why do you want to work here..."?. Every girl will be given an opportunity to answer. You need to come up with a different answer than the girl(s) before you though. Pretty much any answer related to empowering women & creating a culture of acceptance and honesty will look great. They will call within 2 weeks if they like you. You will be offered the position on the phone. If you do not get a call back, expect a letter in the mail declining your application, but they usually aren't prompt. Good Luck!

P.S You will get an employee discount of 30%. Don't ask about it in the interview, that looks bad.

Interview Questions
    • How will you improve the customer experience? How would you increase sales in Pink Merchandise? Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret (don't bring up employee discount. I said I wanted to help women become confident and comfortable with their body.)   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate. It was my first job, minimum was all I was offered. The management team will undoubtedly tell you that they do not have control over pay-rates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Station, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Station, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2014.

I went to the store myself and handed in my application. The manager said she would pass the application down to the manager of the department I wanted to work in (Intimates) and i would receive a call soon. My phone rang a few days later for an interview in two days. The woman on the phone seemed very bubbly and friendly. I arrived, dressed in all black, and the same manager told me to wait because the girl is supposed to interview me wasn't here yet. I had to wait for 15 minutes with this other girl. The interviewer came out with another woman to help her and escorted us to the lobby of the mall. Since it was a group interview we took turns answering. When on group interviews remember to be attentive and answer with confidence and grace. I was asked the questions first so I had to act fast but not rush my answer. We were asked the typical 'Why Victoria's Secret?', 'Tell me about your work experience?' 'Why should we hire you?'..also ' describe a time where you reached your goal during difficult circumstances?, and ' have you ever seen anyone cheat?'. Basically questions that don't determine who you are but if your able to come up with an answer good enough for them. While the interviewer asked away the other woman that came with her was writing stuff down.When i would answer, the woman who was writing would look at me and kept saying 'Yes!' and nodding her head. Towards the end the interviewer tells me that i will go on another interview next week. She was about to offer me cashier, saying that was what they were looking for but i insisted on sales associate. I even said the manager told me the position was opened( Which was true) and so she said I could get that position either way...

So now i go on my second interview wondering if this is where i get the job since they basically covered everything on the first one. I go in and run into the same manager that tells me to wait. I got there super early according to her (10 minutes early to an interview is definitely not super early, its standard) and she gave me a bit of an attitude which i did not enjoy. So I wait for 10 minutes and she still doesn't show up. I ask someone else and they told me the woman would come out. 20 minutes later she finally comes out as if she was on time. She takes me to the same lobby and doesn't even apologize for anything. until we get there and shes all like ' Oh. sorry for being late'. whatever...so she proceeds to tell me 'Why Victoria's Secret?' and I'm wondering how inefficient this entire interview process is..really? again..? So what was the woman writing down on a pad, the first interview, if this one has to ask me the same thing again? They don't communicate to each other about anything i guess. I tell her that i was asked the same thing last time but will answer once more. She then asked me about my work experience..just like the first, in fact every question was identical. So then she asks me if i have any questions and i asked what the pay rate was. She answered by saying ' Here at Victoria's Secret the pay we give out is highly competitive. We would have to go through a thorough check of your references" She acted as if i could get 10 dollars an hour, yeah right they would have started me off with less and i even have experience. And that's it folks..she told me my application would be passed back to the hiring manager and to wait for a call.

All very redundant. Victoria's Secret tries to exude professionalism but fails in doing so. I will admit, this store is very deceiving. There was no need for a second interview..i wasted my time . They could have covered everything in a first one but they decide to pretend to look all professional and make a second one full of the same fluff they gave you in the first.They were late and rude. Boring overused and unoriginal interview questions but lets be honest, we are talking about a retail store. Both of the girls who interviewed me lacked a finesse for handling people..they fake smiled, weren't even genuine and came off as unintelligent. I'm sure not every VS store is like this but the one i went too really lacked in every sense. I cant believe one of my favorite stores are run by half-witted women who are incapable of handling an interview.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult..the women i had to deal with couldn't even formulate a difficult question even if their lives depended on it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I walked in, talked to the manager, filled out a paper application, and got a call the next day inviting me in for training. There was no in-person interview, because it was a seasonal position. After a few months, I got asked to stay longer as a full-time sales associate.

There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. This was my first job ever held. The manager was nice and gave me a chance--to which I was thankful for. I loved selling makeup and having a sales quota to hit everyday.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question asked during the interview.   Answer Question
    None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

They took FOREVER to get back to me and had me travel to another town to do the interview. Then had me waiting for an hour before they finally began

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

general questions about my background- job and education history. The Manager used the application as a guide to ask me questions, also gave me a lot of information about the job responsibilities including the days and hours. The Manager was very helpful and gave me a good impression about the store and the staff

Interview Questions
    • The manager wanted specific information about the hours I could work   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Walked in was told to come back same week, had one interview alone, then another with one more person. There were no hard questions, the typical ones. Thought it went well, but no offer was extended.

Interview Questions

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!