Victoria's Secret Stores

Average Difficulty
264 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – I got called to come in for a group interview with 6 other women. The hiring manager each us questions as a whole and it was important to stand out from the group,

Interview Question – How to make a girl feel comfortable when measuring for bras.   View Answer

Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Normally, it is a group interview. But all you really need to do to knock it out of the park of show a big smile, interest in everything the interviewer is saying. Ask questions, and you must be a friendly people-person. Friendly people sell the best.

Oh, and come in dressed professionally. Normally our dress code is to wear all black. If you come in wearing sweat pants (knowing from seeing this happen), as soon as the interview is done, they will throw away your application.

Interview Question – Usually the only questions they ask you is what happened in your previous jobs. And they WILL call to find out, and they will call your references.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores

Interview Details – After submitting my app online I was called in 2 weeks later for an interview. It was in the store office in the back with one manager. She asked fairly easy questions "why would you like to work here" "what are your best attributes?" etc; I was hired rather quickly because they very much needed someone but I've seen different times of the year that they get back to people much later (like 4-6 wks)

Interview Question – How will you improve this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, just an idea of the benefits and of future opportunities. Also discounts started right away!

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Applied in person, received a phone call to schedule an interview. At my Florida VS, they love anyone who has worked in anything related to customer service, specifically Publix is really a plus. Interview is usually group, but for mine it was one on one. Easy interview, manager ended up talking about herself most of the time.

Interview Question – General questions...Why do you want to work here? Why is customer service important to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Mostly asking questions about how you would handle a difficult customer, how good you are with the different age range of customers we deal with at the store. Got a call back the next day saying I was hired

Interview Question – How can you adjust your personality to suit the Pink side and the intimates side.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Very Easy Interview

Boynton Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – easy come as easy goes. nothing to fancy. be on your toes. all questions are easy to answer. use prior knowledge. worry about yourself and not others. try to think and stay positive!

New York, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – Went to the store to pick up an application and filled it out in the store. After filling out the application I gave it to the manager and was interviewed right on the spot. I was asked questions about why I wanted to work in the store and what department I would like to work in.I got called the next day for an interview with the manager of the PINK department but did not receive job offer.

Interview Question – What be the characteristics of a "typical PINK girl"   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application in person and called a week later to check in. At that point, the manager with whom I spoke did not give any indication of them hiring any time soon. I got a call probably a week later to come in for an interview the following week.
The interview itself was not difficult, but it was a group interview which is always tricky. There were five females (including myself) and one male interviewee and the two hiring managers stated that they would be conducting another group interview with four other candidates. The interview started with everyone introducing him/her-selves and stating why VS, etc. The questions were not difficult, and were all pretty textbook. The most "unconventional" question was the two managers passed around a box of random objects (there was a plug in air freshener, a glittery piece of paper, a stapler…) and we all had to pick one and make a sale to the two managers. It was really awkward, but I think they acknowledged that and mentioned they usually didn't do that. So I'm guessing that's not standard, but be prepared to sell something, maybe a bra or underwear.
At the end of the interview the managers said they would call us all individually in one week. I didn't receive a phone call for about two and a half weeks so I just assumed I did not get the position. To my surprise, one of the managers finally did call and offered me a position. So overall, it was an extremely lengthy hiring process, but it was not difficult.

Interview Question – As stated above, the managers had us pick a random object from a box and make a sale. It was a little awkward and it was hard to make it seem seamless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate and did not get a vibe that negotiation was possible.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Group interview with one other girl, only took about 20 minute. The interviewer was very friendly throughout the interview and elaborated on the questions and explained why she asked specific questions. The questions were about what we would do in certain situations and seemed to focus on our personalities, it was pretty relaxed. However it took them a while to call back.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer who is "just looking"?   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2011.

Interview Details – filled out an application in the store and then turned it into a cash wrap lead. Received a call for an interview a week or two later. A group interview was conducted by Pink manager (interview process is usually done by manager of the department that you'll be in) where everyone took turns answering the same questions, so you had to make sure your answer didn't mimic everyone else. once the interview was over, they said they would give call backs letting you know if you were hired or not. I had to call the store multiple times to find out if I was hired.

Interview Question – questions regarding "what would you do" scenarios   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no room for negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 264 interview reviews posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.