Victoria's Secret Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

278 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Personally, we received many applications, most of which were never looked at. If they are written poorly or sloppy, we just threw them out. If the applicant did not look business professional when delivering the application, it really looked bad. If you do not get a call back, calling the store directly will do little but annoy the management team. They will give vague answers about when they will be hiring. If you do get a call back, you will be included in a group interview of usually 3-5 girls. Standard questions are asked, "In this situation, what would you do...?", "Why do you want to work here..."?. Every girl will be given an opportunity to answer. You need to come up with a different answer than the girl(s) before you though. Pretty much any answer related to empowering women & creating a culture of acceptance and honesty will look great. They will call within 2 weeks if they like you. You will be offered the position on the phone. If you do not get a call back, expect a letter in the mail declining your application, but they usually aren't prompt. Good Luck!

P.S You will get an employee discount of 30%. Don't ask about it in the interview, that looks bad.

Interview Questions
  • How will you improve the customer experience? How would you increase sales in Pink Merchandise? Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret (don't bring up employee discount. I said I wanted to help women become confident and comfortable with their body.)   Answer Question
I was unable to negotiate. It was my first job, minimum was all I was offered. The management team will undoubtedly tell you that they do not have control over pay-rates.

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2010.

I went into the store and filled out their application. I asked to speak with a manager and provided my resume. I had just finished a prestigious degree at university and showed I was well spoken and highly competent. The manager and I discussed the position and openings. The next day I received a phone call offering me the position. I wasn't really 'interviewed'.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions, I just demonstrated obvious competency when discussing the position.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was told I was offered minimum wage because I had no sales experience.

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. This was my first job ever held. The manager was nice and gave me a chance--to which I was thankful for. I loved selling makeup and having a sales quota to hit everyday.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question asked during the interview.   Answer Question
    None

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2012.

They came to my school handed them my resume and had a interview the following week. While at the interview I had a group interview which was pretty easy and basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel computable while measuring them for a bra?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I walked in, talked to the manager, filled out a paper application, and got a call the next day inviting me in for training. There was no in-person interview, because it was a seasonal position. After a few months, I got asked to stay longer as a full-time sales associate.

There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

They took FOREVER to get back to me and had me travel to another town to do the interview. Then had me waiting for an hour before they finally began

No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2012.

Really sweet, had 3 managers interviewing me, made me feel very comfortable. Just asked about my sales experience and had me sell their new and upcoming perfume to one of the managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lawrenceville, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrenceville, NJ

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2010.

Hiring and Interview process was quick. I was a student and went in to request an application. I don't really remember all the detail, because it was a while ago, but I remember have orientation within a few days and starting immediately. The orientation included a small to med group of girls.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

I only had one interview, but sometimes that isn't the case. When I turned in my application I spoke with a manager/supervisor for a few minutes and kind of went over it and then she set up a group interview since they had some coming up, that may not always happen as Victoria's Secret always accepts applications even when we aren't necessarily hiring. After my interview, they called all of my references and a couples days later called me and told me I got the job and set up a day for me to come in and start my training.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions weren't that difficult, it was the usual:
       "tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle in the work place"
      "tell me about your worst shopping experience and how you would do it different if you were the associate."
      "what do you find most rewarding about working in customer service?"
      "why do you want to work for victoria's secret?"
      "if you had describe yourself in 3 words what would they be?"
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2014.

asked a lot of common sense questions. it wasn't a hard process, and the manager was very understanding to your responses. I liked I wasn't pressured in the group interview.

Interview Questions
    got hours and higher pay.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!