Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.2

322 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Group interview, consisting of four applicants and the store manager. The stores always receive several applications during busy seasons and weed off those that don't match the company by using group interviews.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if a customer says they do not want to be helped?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I went in the actual store I wanted to apply to and I asked one of the cashiers for an application. You should also ask if they are hiring because sometimes they'll give you an application and you can turn it in, but if you're in need of an immediate job, they won't refer to it until they need to hire someone. After I filled out the application I turned it in at the store with a manager. The managers then review your application, if selected you then get called in for an interview. The interview was a group interview and lasted about 1 hour (if I remember correctly).

Interview Questions
    • If you don't have any prior sales experience (as I didn't at the time), the most difficult question to answer was: "if a customer comes in to buy x, how to you approach a customer to buy something else along with what they came in for?"   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Handed my resume to the manager, got an interview for the day after. Group interview, super easy. Most of the girls I interviewed with were hired. They did 3 days of training, on the 3rd day they put you out on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to sell something that you have on you, like an umbrella, pen, etc.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Group interview experience; the manager asked a question, and the group answered in no particular order. Had to be proactive in answering the questions asked.

Very basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me something in this room.
      Not really a difficult / unexpected question, but one that I happen to remember.

Answer Question

Other opportunity elsewhere.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

submitted paper application in store, took about one week to receive a call to schedule an interview. showed up to discover it was a group interview, which was intimidating. about a week later i got the call with the job offer, followed with about 5 days of paid "class-room style" training and orientation.

Interview Questions
    • manager asked "how would you handle a situation where a friend was doing something you knew wasn't right?"   View Answer
    they told me the pay rate and about how many hours i was expected to work (including that nights and weekends were expected of me)

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2015.

My interview process was some what different than most on this page. I called VS on Monday to ask if they were in deed still hiring, after I went on Tuesday in person to pick up an application, one of the sales associates had suggested that I come back the next day when the hiring manager was going to be in the store. I thanked them and went on my way. On Wednesday, I turned in my application with my resume. (This is where I met one of the managers, let's say her name is Jill) anyway Jill and I spoke and she said to turn in an application. After I turned it I thanked her for her time and I left. On Thursday I had received a phone call from a previous employer saying that she had changed her number...I want back to turn in the new number. Right away the same manager Jill, greeted me and helped me out. Thanked her again and left. As I was talking to a classmate I showed her my resume and she pretty much told me my resume was not professional. After finishing with my last final I went to the career center at my college and got someone to help me write my resume. (I have had 3 jobs prior but I was always given the jobs because of a school program, not because I applied. I went back to the VS on Friday to turn in my new and updated resume. The same manager Jill made me fill out a completely new application. After that I turned it in and left. Yes I did go to the store like 4 times in that whole week before Christmas break but I was really trying to make a good impression. I waited and finally on the 31st of December I got a call from the hiring manager asking me if I can come in for an interview. I was really excited and nervous...mostly nervous. I practiced what I had to say because I wanted everything to sound very professional. The day of the interview I dressed in all black & looked professional. I got to the store 15 minutes early. As I was walking in the same manager Jill greated me with a big "HEY!! The girls are in that room near pink just wait there and you'll be assisted in a bit". Funny I didn't even say anything and she knew my name, and that I was going for the interview. Anyway as I was standing around next to (Girl #1) a girl in black but with a navy and dark red stripped jacket, we both saw that (Girl # 2) a girl had walked near us with black leggings and a white and Aqua tank top and a blue and red cardigan sweater. Another (Girl #3 ) girl came in all black as well, then another (Girl # 4) one came in all black but with some point tan colored heels, then another ( Girl # 5) one came with black pants and a dark olive jacket and a scarf, then another one came ( Girl # 6) with an orange blazer, white and black stripped shirt with baby blue flowers on it and a black pencil skirt (she had previously worked at VS ready) and then two more girls came (Girl # 7 and Girl # 8) they both were in black, one was wearing heels the other a scarf as well. After that a guy came in with a blue and white stripped button up, some kaki pants and white vans with a motorcycle helmet. ( Guy # 9) and with me there where 10 of us. When finally the store manager came in we all went outside the store and sat in some chairs outside of JC Penny. The store manager, let's call her Mari, pretty much told us what the job requires, what jobs there are and a little about herself. When Mari asked us questions she said just jump in when you can, no need to raise your hand or anything. She asked if we knew anything about retail and how would we approach a customer. We went Over our availability. After she allowed us to ask questions and she pretty much said that there where 10 positions available and that there was another group she is going to interview next week. I spoke with her after everyone left on my availablity and then she said that she was going to hire the people that had an open availability whenever. I got Sad because I was going to start my college classes soon. I went in the day after to speak to Mari about my availablity and how I changed everything so I was open everyday and first she wasn't there and second the lady who helped me pretty much said to not call or come in to ask about the job that she will contact me if I'm hired or send a letter in the mail if I'm not. I Was sad because I prepared myself for all the questions one gets in an interview like: What's your biggest weakness? Why should we hire you? And I had good answers but I didn't like that the store manager didn't give us a chance to even say any of that. Well the interview was on the 8th of January and to be honest I doubt I will get the job, I feel like going to many times ruined my chances. Hope this helps anyone who was as nervous as I was. I have to wait 2 weeks to get a response so idk if I'll get the job of not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2015.

I applied in the beginning of January after Christmas and got a call the next week to come into a group interview. There were 6 other girls and I was the only one to wear all black. The group interview itself was pretty easy there were basic questions like what's yor experience and what's good customer service to you. I was the first to actually speak out about my opinion about something's which another girl the also tried to do. It was hard to tell if the manager liked me but I guess she did because I got a call back later that day to come in for another interview the following week. The second interview was more like a conversation it was with the store manager who I actually gave my application to. She said she liked me right off the bat so having good energy, smiling and showing that your excited about working there makes them want to hire you. After the interview with the store manager she told me to come back later that day to talk to the other manager that interviewed me first to talk about when I can start

Interview Questions
    I just turned 18 and don't even have a year of experience yet so I put on my application that I would be fine with minimum wage with is 7.50 but they actually offered 9.00 so hey I can't complain

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Was easy and comfortable. Was called in set up time and was quick and not intimidating at all as I have already worked retail and not my first job interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied in store, process took 2 months. A lot of back and forth about opportunities, negotiating hours and pay. The interview was very standard, got asked a lot of the same cliche questions. Met with two different people to be interview. Overall is was a positive experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

For the location I applied at in Lincoln, NE, we were called in to do group interviews after submitting a paper application. The hiring process baffles me. In the last 8 years, I've probably applied 3 times and I've gotten to the interview stage twice. I feel that if they increased pay for associates or gave them more benefits/incentives for working there, they wouldn't have to do these massive cattle calls constantly. Of course young girls are attracted to the glamour, but I would probably avoid this job unless you happen to live very close. The pay is slightly above minimum wage if I remember correctly and you'd constantly be on your feet. I stopped applying once I realized the quality of their products was decreasing and that the women who were being hired instead of me weren't that great. For my last interview, the manager was late and happened to be wearing sweatpants. Surely I must be better qualified than a woman who shows up to an interview in sweatpants, no? I'm convinced the people getting hired have recommendations from current employees. Not sure. I feel like they don't have a lot of respect for your time with the cattle calls. Even if you don't have a good chance of getting hired, they call you in and waste your time.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions -- know how many hours you want, why you are applying, what your interpersonal skills are, what your strengths and weaknesses are, etc.   Answer Question