Victoria's Secret Stores

2.2

284 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2010.

Group interviews are harder because they look to see who answers the most questions, who is the perkiest, etc. Very simple, easy sales questions and pitches. The interview makes the job seem more difficult than it really is. They want perky, happy salespeople to reach goals. Handling difficult customers with ease is a plus. They warn you about "Shrink" (losses to the store) and scenarios on how to handle them.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Hourly wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Applied in stores. Called a day later to set up an interview for the following week. The interview was very short, probably about 15-20 minutes, really casual. We sat on a couch right outside of the store. Not really any hard questions asked. They called about a week later asking for my references and then called back a couple hours later to offer me the position.

Interview Questions
    None but they pay they offered was far more than I had expected so it didn't matter to me.

Sales Associate Interview

I was interviewed at the storage room of the store and the atmosphere was kind of serious and professional. The hiring manager held a pretty quick interview for me so I could say that she wasn't interested in me. Overall the interview isn't hard. It all just depends on the need of the store for new associates.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied, got called because they were interested,had a group interview- made sure I answered all the questions but in the appropriate amount of time, don't drag on, but don't let another interviewee outshine you. They call you back if they want a second interview, I was called later that day, scheduled a second interview with a higher up manager, was called and told I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2012.

Hiring manager does group interviews, ask series of questions. interview runs about 30 mins to 1 hour long. Super friendly! They love when you know about the style and company. look at the website. For interview dress as if your going to work!(leggings and hoodie or vneck shirt) all about layering and color

Interview Questions
    • What is your ideal PINK girl? Do your research !! she loves when you know the products and know some info about VS pink!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Personally, we received many applications, most of which were never looked at. If they are written poorly or sloppy, we just threw them out. If the applicant did not look business professional when delivering the application, it really looked bad. If you do not get a call back, calling the store directly will do little but annoy the management team. They will give vague answers about when they will be hiring. If you do get a call back, you will be included in a group interview of usually 3-5 girls. Standard questions are asked, "In this situation, what would you do...?", "Why do you want to work here..."?. Every girl will be given an opportunity to answer. You need to come up with a different answer than the girl(s) before you though. Pretty much any answer related to empowering women & creating a culture of acceptance and honesty will look great. They will call within 2 weeks if they like you. You will be offered the position on the phone. If you do not get a call back, expect a letter in the mail declining your application, but they usually aren't prompt. Good Luck!

P.S You will get an employee discount of 30%. Don't ask about it in the interview, that looks bad.

Interview Questions
    • How will you improve the customer experience? How would you increase sales in Pink Merchandise? Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret (don't bring up employee discount. I said I wanted to help women become confident and comfortable with their body.)   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate. It was my first job, minimum was all I was offered. The management team will undoubtedly tell you that they do not have control over pay-rates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2010.

I went into the store and filled out their application. I asked to speak with a manager and provided my resume. I had just finished a prestigious degree at university and showed I was well spoken and highly competent. The manager and I discussed the position and openings. The next day I received a phone call offering me the position. I wasn't really 'interviewed'.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions, I just demonstrated obvious competency when discussing the position.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was told I was offered minimum wage because I had no sales experience.

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. This was my first job ever held. The manager was nice and gave me a chance--to which I was thankful for. I loved selling makeup and having a sales quota to hit everyday.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question asked during the interview.   Answer Question
    None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2012.

They came to my school handed them my resume and had a interview the following week. While at the interview I had a group interview which was pretty easy and basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel computable while measuring them for a bra?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I walked in, talked to the manager, filled out a paper application, and got a call the next day inviting me in for training. There was no in-person interview, because it was a seasonal position. After a few months, I got asked to stay longer as a full-time sales associate.

There was no negotiation.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!