Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.2

311 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

This is my very first job, so I did absolutely everything I could to make a good impression during the application/interview process.

I went to the store around the end of October because I knew they would probably be hiring for seasonal positions! So I walked into the store dressed all black (thats the employee code) and asked an employee, who was actually a manager, if they were hiring! She said they were hiring very soon and got me an application. I was very enthusiastic, smiled and said thank you! Be polite & show them you want this job! They want to know that you can be polite to customers & very welcoming with a smile!

I got the application, went outside the store & filled it out immediately. I already had a printed out resume to go along with the application. The application was simple, general questions like your availability, your previous employment, what skills you have that will qualify you for the position, etc. I filled it out very neatly and as complete as possible. I added detail when necessary & when they asked for me to "be specific". I returned to the store with my application about 15-20 mins later & gave it was to the same manager who gave me the application. Again, I smiled and said thank you! I also introduced myself and she introduced herself to me as well. She was very friendly and welcoming. She said thank you for applying and that they will be setting up interviews within the next 2 weeks.

I got a call 2 weeks later by the hiring manager and was invited to a group interview the same day, literally 3 hours after the call took place! I didn't wear all black to the interview, I had on a black blouse tucked into a pink pencil skirt with tights & black small heals. I would reccomend wearing all black, but don't think they well immediately reject you if you don't! The group interview was with 2 others girls, and then one of them had to leave early so it was mostly me and one other girl. The hiring manager was extremely friendly & it was super easy to talk to her. She wrote down your answers while you were talking. She asked pretty simple questions:
 Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret?
 Explain a time where you had to achieve a certain goal with a small amount of time.
 Explain a time where you had to show empathy towards a customer.

Then we just went over our availability. She told us we would receive a call if they wanted to move forward with the process, or they will send you a letter if they say no. Either way, she asked that we do NOT call them and inquire about our status. She said it looks very bad if we call the store about our employment.

I received a call from them literally 5 mins after the group interview had ended! The hiring manager invited me to a 1-on-1 interview with the store manager, I accepted and attended the 1-on-1 interview. The 1-on-1 interview wasn't really an interview...she just asked me to tell her about myself, then we went over availability and my references. It lasted about 8 minutes maximum!

I made sure I wore all black & had on some nice makeup. A bold lipstick looks very good!! MAKE SURE YOU HAVE GOOD REFERENCES! Someone who knows you very well & can talk about you on your behalf, and also someone who will call VS back!! I got offered the job 3 weeks later, and it only took this long because one of my professional references had taken so long to call VS back.

minimum wage; no negotiation as this was my first job

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Sales Associate Interview

The interview was really easy actually. I went in, told an associate I was there and she went and got the manager. When I dropped my application off, I was given an interview time on the spot which I did not expect. So I had been in the store waiting for the manager for about 30 minutes (I think she forgot I was there) She felt really bad about it during my interview. She asked basic retail questions "Why work here?" "Whats your favorite product?" "How would you make someone feel beautiful?" She was very friendly and nice. She did not have my application with her, so I gave her my number and she said she would call me in 2 days... She did not call me so I had to call the store, I called twice over a 2 day period and was told the manager was not there. I called back again a few days later and was told they were not looking at any applications until after black Friday. I called again after and they asked me to come in, I came in and was offered the job!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

After submitting an application in the store, I was called back for an interview (I believe most are group interviews). A group of girls sat around in the break room and the manager asked a few different questions to each candidate.

Interview Questions
    • They were all fairly expected questions, mostly regarding customer experience. Several questions require you to give an example.   Answer Question
    Pay was not negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Paper application. Called in for a group interview. Must be very brand loyal and excited to work with VS and Pink brands. It helps if you wear professional attire to the interview. Do not be afraid to speak up. The questions are asked generally and not just to one person. Don't be the one who is quiet the whole interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate pay, but should have. Whatever you put on your application is about what they offer you. I would at least put $9 an hour. When I left, I found out some of the girls were making that.

Sales Associate Interview

I filled out paper app, had interview the same day ! It was a group interview as expected but it turned out to be just two of us ! Interview was fairly easy,basic questions! Offered on the spot as long as references checked out.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to demonstrate a product ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I applied at a local VS, make sure when you turn in your app you ask for a manager and speak with them and give the app to them.. it did take 8 days for me to get a call back so don't get discouraged! I was called on a Sunday for an interview the next day, and as expected it was a group interview with 2 other girls. I was the only girl to wear all black and the manager later thanked me for that.. The questions were simple we all had the chance to answer, I answered first the most, but you want to let the other girls talk too, at the end we made sure our availability was correct and that our references were good ones. This is super important because in order for them to hire you they need to speak with 2 references so make sure you have reliable ones! 4 days after my interview I was called for on boarding the next day which is basically all your training.. I was the only one from my interview for on boarding also. Very easy process!

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable selling at least 250 dollars worth of merchandise an hour?   View Answers (2)
    Make sure you have good references that will call the managers back, and wear all black to your interview, and be confident! VS strives to make women confident :)

Sales Associate Interview

First there was a group interview. Very general questions, interviewer asked which category each of us would be most interested in. Second round of interview is one on one with category manager.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward questions. Regardless of which category you are in, they want you to be able to sell their credit card so be ready to role play that.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Went in to turn in an application, had an interview on the spot. Later got called in to do a group interview, a little intimidating. But just be comfortable and kind, the answers will come to you.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected except "Sell me something in your purse" caught me off guard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

I initially applied for the job on a whim and got a call about 4 days later for first interview. It went great but I was a little bummed when I was told that the position was seasonal, I wanted a part time job. So about a week later I received a second interview. The second interview was with the Store Manager and he was very nice and friendly. He offered me a part-time sales associate position on the spot!

Interview Questions
    • what were some accomplishments you're proud of?   Answer Question
    • describe a time where you've exceeded a customers expectations.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

I printed off my application and brought it into the store, wearing a suit with my hair and makeup fully done. I would say that appearances are important, not necessarily having photo shoot makeup and hair, but putting forth an effort to look put-together and fashionable. The manager approached me and took my application with a warm smile. She promised to be in touch in the next week or two to set up an interview and true to her word, she called the following week week. I interviewed with her two days later. It was supposed to be a group interview, however the second girl didn't make it for the interview so it was just us! She started out by asking me to tell her a little bit about myself and my lifestyle. Next we discussed the position that I was interested in. She told me about a few changes that were currently happening in the company, which I really appreciated, as it changed my mind about the position I wanted.

Interview Questions
    • If 20 people walked into the store, what would you do? How would you know which ones to sell to, and who would spend more money?   View Answer