Victoria's Secret Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Marietta, GA).

Interview

easy, expected questions, normal interview questions, very nice manager, asked more about my personality than anything else, would definitely recommend to a friend, perfect part time position for someone still in school

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Victoria's Secret?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kalamazoo, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Kalamazoo, MI).

Interview

long process but worth it. two interviews and they check your references so make sure you have reliable references. took about 2 weeks to be employed there after the interview. the interview was also a group interview which I've never done before but it wasn't too bad. easy questions.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to work as a team to accomplish a goal? why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret? Name a time in the past when there was a problem and you solved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in June 2015.

Interview

I went in the store and turned in my application on a Tuesday and that Friday I was called to let me know they had scheduled me an interview for that upcoming Sunday. I went in for the interview and was told that another manager would call my references and then if I fit their qualifications they would call me for onboarding. On the following Tuesday I was called in for onboarding scheduled for Wednesday. The process was quick and painless.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I had applied to this one particular store many times, and I never really got a call back because I didn't have any real job experience but then one day I saw one of my friends had started working there and she referred me to her manager and then I got to go to the group interview that day.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths? Why would we want to hire you over someone else?   1 Answer
    • If you were an animal, what type would you be that would also represent how you are with your work?   Answer Question
    • What is something unique about you? What's something fun you do?   Answer Question
    • What did you not like about your previous supervisor or manager?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

They asked me hypothetical questions about how I would deal with customers in certain situations, about myself, why I want to work there and my experience. It was a group interview in the back of the store with 2 other women.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a customer who cannot find what they are looking for with their body type?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online to HS, got a call about 6 weeks later. Went in for an group interview, there were like 12 individuals but they interview us in pairs. Those who applies online, had to fill out an application there on the spot. The interview lasted 10 minutes the most. A week later I was called back for a second interview which lasted for about 3 minutes. One of my reference told they got a called from then the day before my second interview.

Interview Questions

• Why VS? What department in the store would be my choice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Arlington, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

My sister and I filled out applications and went to turn them in in-person. When we got there we were greeted by one of the sales associates and told her that we were here to turn in applications. She kindly told us to standby while one of the managers came out and settle us. One of the managers came out and greeted us with an enourmous smile on her face. She introduced herself and so did we. She even commented on how pretty our names were! She was looking through our applications and was very pleased with what she was seeing. Suddenly another manager comes up and tells her that she will "handle this." She snatches the applications from the other manager and doesn't even introduce herself to my sister and I, we had to tell her our names. She skims through the applications and makes a face while saying that we needed to be able to work all day on weekends. We didn't want to do that, but we really needed jobs so we agreed. But she retorts that we don't have enough retail experience, that the minimum is 2 years in retail. Says she will keep our applications on file and to have a nice day. It was an awful experience. I know we would have gotten the jobs (or at least an interview) had the first manager stayed :(

Interview Questions

• You guys need to be able to work all weekend.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Turned in application to store manager on a Saturday and was called for a interview for the following Wednesday. I interviewed with another person. The actual interview was brief, and we both went took our turn answering the managers questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above a customer's expectation   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2015.

Interview

It was a really casual and comfortable process. Everyone was very friendly even in a group interview. It's smart to speak up first and to be confident and outgoing. Stress customer service. All the interview questions I were asked had to do with experience and naming times when you experienced or acted upon certain things like. I had little to no work experience and was still offered a job because of being confident and speaking up.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I took my application into the store and was invited back for a group interview the next day. The interview was a store manager and one other applicant. It was kind of intimidating, not only because I had a person to directly compete with but because we did the interview in the middle of the mall in a little seating area so everyone was walking by and staring.