Victoria's Secret Stores

270 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Lawrenceville, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process was quick. I was a student and went in to request an application. I don't really remember all the detail, because it was a while ago, but I remember have orientation within a few days and starting immediately. The orientation included a small to med group of girls.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – I only had one interview, but sometimes that isn't the case. When I turned in my application I spoke with a manager/supervisor for a few minutes and kind of went over it and then she set up a group interview since they had some coming up, that may not always happen as Victoria's Secret always accepts applications even when we aren't necessarily hiring. After my interview, they called all of my references and a couples days later called me and told me I got the job and set up a day for me to come in and start my training.

Interview Question – Most of the questions weren't that difficult, it was the usual:
 "tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle in the work place"
"tell me about your worst shopping experience and how you would do it different if you were the associate."
"what do you find most rewarding about working in customer service?"
"why do you want to work for victoria's secret?"
"if you had describe yourself in 3 words what would they be?"
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2014.

Interview Details – asked a lot of common sense questions. it wasn't a hard process, and the manager was very understanding to your responses. I liked I wasn't pressured in the group interview.

Interview Question – what are your skills for great customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got hours and higher pay.

Manassas, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – Went into the store to apply, I got a call for an interview date with in a week. The interview was a group interview. The same questions were asked among all of us. Once that was over, the manager asked how our availability was. Personally, I think that's what determined if you got a job or not. If you were more available than the next person, you pretty much got the job. Once the interview was over, 4-5 days later I got a call back and accepted their offer

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard. Very generic. Why Victoria's Secret? What can you bring to Victoria's Secret if hired? What knowledge do you have about bras, right now?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – general questions about my background- job and education history. The Manager used the application as a guide to ask me questions, also gave me a lot of information about the job responsibilities including the days and hours. The Manager was very helpful and gave me a good impression about the store and the staff

Interview Question – The manager wanted specific information about the hours I could work   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Walked in was told to come back same week, had one interview alone, then another with one more person. There were no hard questions, the typical ones. Thought it went well, but no offer was extended.

Interview Question – Biggest accomplishment.   Answer Question

Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details – I got called to come in for a group interview with 6 other women. The hiring manager each us questions as a whole and it was important to stand out from the group,

Interview Question – How to make a girl feel comfortable when measuring for bras.   View Answer

Sarasota, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Normally, it is a group interview. But all you really need to do to knock it out of the park of show a big smile, interest in everything the interviewer is saying. Ask questions, and you must be a friendly people-person. Friendly people sell the best.

Oh, and come in dressed professionally. Normally our dress code is to wear all black. If you come in wearing sweat pants (knowing from seeing this happen), as soon as the interview is done, they will throw away your application.

Interview Question – Usually the only questions they ask you is what happened in your previous jobs. And they WILL call to find out, and they will call your references.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores

Interview Details – After submitting my app online I was called in 2 weeks later for an interview. It was in the store office in the back with one manager. She asked fairly easy questions "why would you like to work here" "what are your best attributes?" etc; I was hired rather quickly because they very much needed someone but I've seen different times of the year that they get back to people much later (like 4-6 wks)

Interview Question – How will you improve this company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, just an idea of the benefits and of future opportunities. Also discounts started right away!

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Applied in person, received a phone call to schedule an interview. At my Florida VS, they love anyone who has worked in anything related to customer service, specifically Publix is really a plus. Interview is usually group, but for mine it was one on one. Easy interview, manager ended up talking about herself most of the time.

Interview Question – General questions...Why do you want to work here? Why is customer service important to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!