Victoria's Secret Stores

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Spanish Fort, AL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in February 2014.

Interview Details – I printed an application from the VS website and brought it in store. A sales associate called over the manager who skimmed my application and told me she'd be calling for a group interview. she called my two days later to set up an interview.
The group interview had three other girls. We sat in the back stock room and the manager asked us two questions each. the manager was very friendly and talkative. We had to introduce ourselves and say why we wanted to work at VS. She then asked questions like "how would you handle a difficult customer?"
I was dressed the most professionally, nice black pants, black trench coat, flats, chiffon top. Two girls wore jeans and one had tennis shoes on. Even if you don't wear black, look nice! an interviewer wants to know that you made an effort and are interested in the job. also, avoid talking negatively about your current/past jobs. focus on the positive things. one girl said a few times how much she hates her current job and also said she wanted to work at VS for the discounts. DON'T do that!
They want to see you care about customer service, can be professional and are a positive person. I had the interview on a thursday and they called me back the following monday to offer me the job. They offered me $7.50 an hour, which isn't amazing, but if you love VS then it's fine. I'm not sure if any of the other girls in my group got hired, but they did not represent themselves well.

Interview Question – questions were straightforward and mostly easy.   Answer Question

Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in February 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by one woman who asked me multiple question on customer service. Behavioral questions if you want me to be specific. How did you handle a difficult customer, was there a time where you were praised for your work, if you saw a employee stealing what would you do? She was very friendly and inviting.

Interview Question – If you saw someone stealing what would you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – For sales reps, the highest they will go is $9 so if they try to give you less, negotiate with them.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details – good and straight forwards

Interview Question – How can you handle a monster customer shouting into your face?   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – too demanding

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2008.

Interview Details – I turned the application in to a manager in the store. He later called me for an interview. It was a group interview with one other person. The interview questions were easy and I got the job.

Interview Question – How would you help a customer who was upset ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The salary is set.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!