Victoria's Secret Stores

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

West Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – The Brand Director and Operations Manager (BDOM) gave a group interview. It was right before Black Friday in a manager's break room full of office supplies, a crappy card table, and a dinky computer monitor.

Interview Question – None. However, it would have been easier to answer if they BDOM would have rotated the first person to answer her question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a wage above minimum, $8.50

Whitehall, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed individually. The manager was blown away by my professionalism and experience and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None. It was a very standard retail interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I tried but they only pay minimum wage, nothing more, no matter your work experience.

Independence, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in store for a part-time or seasonal position and was called one week later for an interview which included myself + four other girls and was led by the store manager. Was told we'd hear back within the next four days and received a call in the afternoon on that fourth day to say 'here's what we hired you for at this pay; come in at the end of the week for training.' Training took almost five hours in their break room with eight other girls. They checked at least one reference for all of us. We read through "on-boarding" booklets, watched videos, talked about policies/procedures and started on paperwork. The hands-on training for Sales Support was the next morning 6-10 a.m. for processing new merchandise (folding and sensoring). FYI Sales Support works a lot of early morning shifts.

Interview Questions

• Of all the stores in the mall, why VS?   View Answer
  • What product is your favorite?   View Answer
  • What would you do if you saw someone trying to take merchandise without paying for it?   View Answer
  • (After describing each position) Which area of the store would you be most interested working in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Informed of my wage on the phone.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – Highlighted communication skills and honesty in my interview. They will ask if you would let managers know about stealing and other shrink risks.

Interview Question – They asked what was a time I witnessed someone stealing from a job I worked at.   Answer Question

Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2013.

Interview Details – Turned my application into the store in person in early February. Took about 6 weeks when I received a call about an interview from the store manager.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected except an awkward group interview of 7 girls all trying to be heard and the less experienced rewording other peoples answers.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – I went into the soho store sick as a dog, applied, and was interviewed on the spot. How I got the job I don't know. I was dazed, mumbled throughout the interview, and for some reason the guy said he liked me and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – What make you want to work at a lingerie store?   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – Two page application available at the cash register, followed by a waiting period for staff to check references; group interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I felt the offer was fair. Because of the holiday season, I did not get the standard multi-day training. I did have the option to train in bras, which I declined because I would not get commission. I did not train on register because there was no incentive to sell credit card approvals.

Sales Support Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – I turned in my application and got a phone call a couple hours later requesting to set up an interview the next day. The next day I went in for my interview which lasted about 20 minutes. I got a phone call about 15 minutes after leaving, with them offering me the job. I only had one interview, I know others who had two. They asked if I could start in 2 days. I went through a week of training.

Interview Question – -Why do you want to work here?
-Explain a time when you received great customer service. What store was it?
-What's your definition of great customer service?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negociation.

Stroudsburg, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is a group interview. As we a know you fill out the application and possibly submit a resume. They then review and if they feel you are qualified they call you up for a group interview where they ask you a number of different questions about how you will add to their team. I thought the group interview was a little nerve racking because i was nervous that someone would take my answer then I would have to come up with another.

Interview Question – It was all rather common sense questions, nothing really unexpected unless you have never worked in the retail business.   Answer Question

Fort Wayne, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty simple there wasn't any interview questions asked. Just describing the job in detail and explaining what it takes to do the job and making sure this is what I wanted to do. It took about two weeks to get called back for on boarding because my current jobs couldn't refer me.

Negotiation Details – I didn't attempt to negotiate but I wish I would've

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores Sales Support Associate interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.