Victoria's Secret Stores

Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.9

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Support Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I took in my interview and the same day I was called for an interview. I was soooo Thrilled and the best part is that the hiring manager was so sweet and bubbly! It was a group interview, but I really wanted the job and I was very confident about it. When I got home I was hired. You won't imagin how happy I was and still am! It was my first day the other day and boy did I have fun! The girl's are all so nice. Overall I plan to work with the company for a very long time. It does start out as a seasonal job but if you show them how hard you work and how much you really love your job (like I do) they will most likely hire you for a long term.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, Pay is fair.

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

I applied end of May in 2012, and was called in for an interview in August of 2012. I took my application in, they weren't hiring but said they'd keep it on file. I got a job at another retail store (which finally gave me some retail experience) and then early August they called me in for an interview. It was a group interview, and the store manager was interviewing us. We found a table in the food court and about 10 of us sat down and she would ask us questions. Me and 2 other people were forthcoming with answers, and actually tried. Me and a boy were then called back for a one-on-one interview. I didn't get the message until I was on my way to Lake Powell, so on Powell I talked to the manager and she said, don't worry about the one-on-one, we want to hire you. She then told me the benefits (awesome), salary (not so awesome, but I was new and didn't know), and dress code etc. I started training when I got back from Powell and I worked with the other kid who got an interview and it was great fun.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember specifics, but there was a questions essentially asking which is more important: the customer or keeping the store in order. I mentioned something about balancing and multitasking, and another interviewer said customer is more important.   Answer Question
    I didn't know negotiating was an option, so I just let it be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Filled out an application and turned it in. The employee who I turned it in to asked a couple questions (why do you want to work here? What's your favorite product?) and then set up an interview date. It was a group interview with one other girl.
    I went to the store on the day of the interview and the interviewer (who was pretty young) myself, and one other girl went to the food court where the interview was held. It was kind of informal, she asked a few questions like what is good customer service to you? What was your last experience bra shopping like? If you saw an employee stealing toilet paper, how would you handle it?
    I thought I did really well at the interview, maybe a little awkward, but I answered the questions well. I didn't end up getting the job and I was kind of disappointed...

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of at a previous job where you had too much work to do in not enough time and what you did   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Had 1 group interview with 2 other girls, it was scheduled the day I turned the job application in. This is now job number 3 for me (and group interview number 2) so interviews no longer scared me. I didn't let the girl with 7 years of experience intimate me nor did I let her extensive experience overshadow my close to a year of experience. The Interview in all took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
    • What was the craziest thing/experience you have gone through at your job?   View Answer
    • Are there any questions for me?   View Answer
    • How would you handle being busy and keeping up on cleanliness (of the store)?   View Answer
    No negotiation in pay, not my biggest concern though because I applied more for the environment plus the interviewer was SUPER awesome!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2011.

The Brand Director and Operations Manager (BDOM) gave a group interview. It was right before Black Friday in a manager's break room full of office supplies, a crappy card table, and a dinky computer monitor.

Interview Questions
    • None. However, it would have been easier to answer if they BDOM would have rotated the first person to answer her question.   View Answer
    I was offered a wage above minimum, $8.50

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Whitehall, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whitehall, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2009.

I was interviewed individually. The manager was blown away by my professionalism and experience and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I tried but they only pay minimum wage, nothing more, no matter your work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Independence, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2013.

Applied in store for a part-time or seasonal position and was called one week later for an interview which included myself + four other girls and was led by the store manager. Was told we'd hear back within the next four days and received a call in the afternoon on that fourth day to say 'here's what we hired you for at this pay; come in at the end of the week for training.' Training took almost five hours in their break room with eight other girls. They checked at least one reference for all of us. We read through "on-boarding" booklets, watched videos, talked about policies/procedures and started on paperwork. The hands-on training for Sales Support was the next morning 6-10 a.m. for processing new merchandise (folding and sensoring). FYI Sales Support works a lot of early morning shifts.

Interview Questions
    • Of all the stores in the mall, why VS?   View Answer
    • What product is your favorite?   View Answer
    • What would you do if you saw someone trying to take merchandise without paying for it?   View Answer
    • (After describing each position) Which area of the store would you be most interested working in?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Informed of my wage on the phone.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2011.

Highlighted communication skills and honesty in my interview. They will ask if you would let managers know about stealing and other shrink risks.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what was a time I witnessed someone stealing from a job I worked at.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chino Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2013.

Turned my application into the store in person in early February. Took about 6 weeks when I received a call about an interview from the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected except an awkward group interview of 7 girls all trying to be heard and the less experienced rewording other peoples answers.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

I went into the soho store sick as a dog, applied, and was interviewed on the spot. How I got the job I don't know. I was dazed, mumbled throughout the interview, and for some reason the guy said he liked me and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!