Victoria's Secret Stores

Average Difficulty
20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bellingham, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – Filled out an application and turned it in. The employee who I turned it in to asked a couple questions (why do you want to work here? What's your favorite product?) and then set up an interview date. It was a group interview with one other girl.
I went to the store on the day of the interview and the interviewer (who was pretty young) myself, and one other girl went to the food court where the interview was held. It was kind of informal, she asked a few questions like what is good customer service to you? What was your last experience bra shopping like? If you saw an employee stealing toilet paper, how would you handle it?
I thought I did really well at the interview, maybe a little awkward, but I answered the questions well. I didn't end up getting the job and I was kind of disappointed...

Interview Question – Give an example of at a previous job where you had too much work to do in not enough time and what you did   View Answer

Omaha, NE

I applied in-person and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had 1 group interview with 2 other girls, it was scheduled the day I turned the job application in. This is now job number 3 for me (and group interview number 2) so interviews no longer scared me. I didn't let the girl with 7 years of experience intimate me nor did I let her extensive experience overshadow my close to a year of experience. The Interview in all took about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   View Answer
  • What was the craziest thing/experience you have gone through at your job?   View Answer
  • Are there any questions for me?   View Answer
  • How would you handle being busy and keeping up on cleanliness (of the store)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation in pay, not my biggest concern though because I applied more for the environment plus the interviewer was SUPER awesome!

West Des Moines, IA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – The Brand Director and Operations Manager (BDOM) gave a group interview. It was right before Black Friday in a manager's break room full of office supplies, a crappy card table, and a dinky computer monitor.

Interview Question – None. However, it would have been easier to answer if they BDOM would have rotated the first person to answer her question.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered a wage above minimum, $8.50

Whitehall, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed individually. The manager was blown away by my professionalism and experience and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – None. It was a very standard retail interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I tried but they only pay minimum wage, nothing more, no matter your work experience.

Independence, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in store for a part-time or seasonal position and was called one week later for an interview which included myself + four other girls and was led by the store manager. Was told we'd hear back within the next four days and received a call in the afternoon on that fourth day to say 'here's what we hired you for at this pay; come in at the end of the week for training.' Training took almost five hours in their break room with eight other girls. They checked at least one reference for all of us. We read through "on-boarding" booklets, watched videos, talked about policies/procedures and started on paperwork. The hands-on training for Sales Support was the next morning 6-10 a.m. for processing new merchandise (folding and sensoring). FYI Sales Support works a lot of early morning shifts.

Interview Questions

• Of all the stores in the mall, why VS?   View Answer
  • What product is your favorite?   View Answer
  • What would you do if you saw someone trying to take merchandise without paying for it?   View Answer
  • (After describing each position) Which area of the store would you be most interested working in?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Informed of my wage on the phone.

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2011.

Interview Details – Highlighted communication skills and honesty in my interview. They will ask if you would let managers know about stealing and other shrink risks.

Interview Question – They asked what was a time I witnessed someone stealing from a job I worked at.   Answer Question

Chino Hills, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2013.

Interview Details – Turned my application into the store in person in early February. Took about 6 weeks when I received a call about an interview from the store manager.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected except an awkward group interview of 7 girls all trying to be heard and the less experienced rewording other peoples answers.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – I went into the soho store sick as a dog, applied, and was interviewed on the spot. How I got the job I don't know. I was dazed, mumbled throughout the interview, and for some reason the guy said he liked me and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – What make you want to work at a lingerie store?   Answer Question

Sales Support Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2011.

Interview Details – Two page application available at the cash register, followed by a waiting period for staff to check references; group interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate as I felt the offer was fair. Because of the holiday season, I did not get the standard multi-day training. I did have the option to train in bras, which I declined because I would not get commission. I did not train on register because there was no incentive to sell credit card approvals.

Sales Support Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – I turned in my application and got a phone call a couple hours later requesting to set up an interview the next day. The next day I went in for my interview which lasted about 20 minutes. I got a phone call about 15 minutes after leaving, with them offering me the job. I only had one interview, I know others who had two. They asked if I could start in 2 days. I went through a week of training.

Interview Question – -Why do you want to work here?
-Explain a time when you received great customer service. What store was it?
-What's your definition of great customer service?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negociation.

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!