Victoria's Secret Stores Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.0

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Culver City, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview with about five or six other people applying and it lasted about 30 minutes total. We met outside the store in the mall so it was fairly casual. The interview was conducted by the store manager and she asked us 4 or 5 questions each, sometimes the same questions, sometimes different. Out of the six or seven of us, four or five of us were offered positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you make the link between our lingerie and beauty sections?   1 Answer
  • What position do you think you would be best at and why?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Little Canada, ME).

Interview

Very easy and friendly interview. Basic retails questions. Applied during job fair and got scheduled for a group interview. Was interviewed by two category manager. After interview was over was told that we would be hiring within a week and if we didn't then they have our files for 6 months. No unexpected questions everything was typical questions about yourself or work background.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

Turned in an application and wasn't contacted for about two months, but I received a call to come to a group interview. The interview was with one of the assistant store managers in the operations department and she asked basic questions like why do you want to work for us, what department would you like to work in and why, job history, etc. She said we would be contacted by the category manager for the department we wanted to work in if we made the cut. A few days later the PINK manager called me and set up a 1:1 interview. She basically told me to just talk about my previous experience within the company since I would be a rehire and what track I would prefer to follow (bras, sales/apparel, etc) and it was very much just a conversational "interview". She said my references would be checked and I would be called in a few days if they check out. THEY ACTUALLY CHECKED ONE OF MY REFERENCES! I've never had that happen before, it's good that they follow up. I received an offer to start as seasonal and if I want to stay after holiday (performance depending) then I can.

Interview Questions

• What was my least favorite thing about my favorite job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the seasonal pay rate was set, but if I'm kept on as a regular employee I would be given a raise.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

Interview

Saw an ad online. I downloaded an app filled it out and handed it in along with a resume and cover letter to a store employee. Got a call two days later to schedule an interview. I would HIGHLY suggest you write a cover letter detailing your job experience, skills, and knowledge of the brand (or what you own).

The interview was scheduled two days after phone call. I met 1-on-1 with the manager and sat in her office to briefly discuss a little about myself and basically why she should hire me. You should emphasize sales/customer service skills and how you would assist a customer.

I came prepared, eager, and the interview literally was 5 minutes because she had to go back to work and they needed people ASAP.

Make sure you also have good references because they will check them!

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of: how would you handle a customer who's feels uncomfortable in the store (maybe someone body conscious)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

$8.50, no negotiation. You work your way up!

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Montclair, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I walked in and filled out a resume and i turned it in to the manager, she asked me questions on the spot, why do you want to work here, etc. The the next day I received a call for a group interview, which was just myself and another lady. It was very odd given that it was taken place at the food court, but the manager, Rene just asked questions, rather easy, and when we were done she said to expect a call in a week for a following interview, and after that possibly be hired.

Interview Questions

• What comes to your mind when you hear 'the customer rule"   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I went in to give them my resume and they had me fill out an application. Super quick and the every day type of applications. I ran back in to hand it in and spoke to a manager. She looked over my resume and application and noticed I had experience in retail and then told me she would be calling me to schedule an interview. Two weeks later she called to schedule an interview three days later. I came for my interview and there were only 2 other girls in my group interview. The interview was with the store manager who was absolutely amazing. The interview was just trying to find out about who we were and why we wanted to work here. We were told we would get a call to schedule a second group interview because she knew she wanted us. A few days later we were called to set up the second interview. Again, it was just the three of us and a different manager. She also tried to find out who we were and what we wanted to do. A week and a half later I got the call asking me to join them. I accepted of course! They had us do two days of onboarding ( getting to know the policies and company), two days of shadowing, and then you were off to work for this great company. Oh and they DO check on who you put down on your references- they will call them and make a list of what they said about you!

Interview Questions

• What defines excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite VS bra and why?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a fast paced environment with a lot of people needing help and how you managed to help them and remain calm and collected.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate, but she offered me fifty cents more an hour than my other jobs so I easily accepted.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview

Group interview. Dressed in all black. Allowed others to talk, but stood out too. Greeted and thanked with genuine kindness. Struck up conversation with others being interviewed. It was a good group interview experience!

Interview Questions

• What was a challenge of your previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview

Wondering through the mall one day, I decided to try and get hired at Victoria's Secret so I could quit my old yogurt shop job. I walked in, asked the first employee I saw if they were hiring. She said yes, as it was just a couple of weeks prior to their Semi Annual Sale. I then asked if it was difficult to get a job there, not wanting to waste my time. She assured me that it was not, and then went on to say that their hiring process is very much based on image and how you carry yourself, telling me that I had "the look."
    So I went to the cash wrap to ask for an application, filled it out right outside the store, and brought it back. I happened to hand it in to one of the managers, and she gave my application a quick skim right then and there, and told me they would be in touch.
    A week and a half later, I received a call for a group interview. I wore casual black pants from Gap, a sheer and slouchy black tee shirt, a black blazer, and black closed toe heels. They require an all black dress code, so I thought I'd try to blend in as much as possible. I also wore barely there red lips with my hair pulled back.
    I was shown into a back room where every other candidate was already seated, waiting for the hiring managers to come in. I immediately chastised myself for not getting there earlier, but none of the managers seemed to notice.
    We all sat around a large table while the three hiring managers asked questions. It was fairly casual, with each person speaking whenever they wanted to, or raising their hand when appropriate. I was seated closest to the managers, so I made sure to have great posture and eye contact, while listening intently to the other candidates while they spoke. With each question, I never answered first, always second or somewhere in the middle.
    They asked questions like, "When have you had to deal with a difficult problem at work, and what did you do to solve it?" and "What does great customer service mean to you?" among other customer service and sales related questions. They just wanted to know that we could interact efficiently while maintaining friendliness with customers, and that we understood the "Very Sexy" brand, which is what they constantly push.
    The managers seemed to like my answers, even though I was one of the only people there without retail experience. I was also the only one who shook each managers hand and thanked them at the end of the interview. They seemed impressed, and I felt confident.
    I received a call the next day because one of the professional references I had listed didn't answer, and I had to provide another one on the spot. So be warned, they DO check references. That's very vital to the hiring process.
    I received another call about four days later offering a seasonal position at $9/hr, I accepted, and then I was told when to come in for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offered me $9/hr as a take it or leave it type thing.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview

I handed in my application and got called in for an interview that day. The manager who did the interviewing was very bubbly and the other girls who were there for the group interview were nice as well. The manager asked us some questions about ourselves, which part of the store we would most like to work in, as well as the usual questions such as "Why do you want to work here?" and "How do you handle conflict?" We were told to expect a follow up call within 5 days.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part for me was when they asked you to pick one of the random items on the table and sell it to the interviewer.   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Norman, OK) in May 2014.

Interview

I was just searching for jobs online and decided to apply for Victoria Secrets. Turned in the application the assistant manager who gave it to the hiring manager because they were short staffed for the semi annual sale coming up. Received a phone call the next day to come in for an interview the next day, went into the interview which was one on one and they asked a couple of questions about availability for shifts and training then they called my references that same day. Next morning (today) received a phone call for the position and accepted. Interview was super easy less than 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult or unexpected question they asked was "We have women who come in that have had breast reductions, breast cancer, or other related issues. How would you talk and served these clients?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

They gave me the job and accepted my desired pay.