Victoria's Secret Stores

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – Turned in my application at a store and before I could even make it out to my car a manager had called me asking to come back for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview with myself and about five other women. We went around the circle and answered the same question. Make sure you offer a unique answer and don't just regurgitate what someone else before you has said. I was called back the same night and offered a position.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty run of the mill, just know your strengths and how to make your weaknesses look like strengths.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process took three days. I went in and asked if they were hiring they gave me an application and said to come back tomorrow at 3:30, and that is exactly what i did. I was not expecting 7 other girls to be in the interview with me, at first it was intimidating and then I felt more comfortable. They told us they would contact our references and then they would get back to us. That next day i was offered the job.

Interview Question – Why Victoria's Secret?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, They offered $8 an hour which is more than i expected so I was satisfied.

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – turn in app got a call 3 days later for interview. a group interview consist of 5 people. Simple 3 question interview
1. Why victoria secret
2. Whats the most difficult task you dont like and how did you overcome it
3. Whats the first thing you notice when you walk into a store

Interview Question – number 2 on the interview was a little hard since its a group its easy to get tongue tie   View Answer

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on October 17 and was just notified that I got the job yesterday (November 11). When I applied, I wasn't really expecting to get the job but I turned in the application to the store manager anyway. I called a couple times to ask about the status of my application and I got the usual "They will give you a call if they're interested." But one Friday, I asked to speak to the hiring manager and she told me that she would pull my application and put it in the pile for the group interviews. She told me they would give me a call in about a week for an interview. So I waited for a call, and I never got one. I called back up there in a week, and one of the managers there was very friendly and explained the issue with my application and we fixed it. She gave me an interview the very next day at 3:00. I'd recommend showing up in professional clothing, all black if you can since that's their uniform. I was dressed in black and all the other girls (it was three other girls and myself) had on casual or semi-casual clothing. You want to be confident and stand out because you only get one chance to make a first impression. At first I was very nervous going into the interview but I could tell the other girls were nervous too so it helped me relax. The thing about these group interviews is, they just ask a question and throw it out there so anybody can answer. The questions weren't super difficult or unexpected. The only thing that was unexpected was the fact that we basically had to compete to answer first. Which you do want to try to answer first as much as possible because it shows your interest in the job. She first started by asking us to tell a little bit about ourselves. The other girls just talked about their retail experience (DON'T make this mistake). Talk about yourself and not your experience, your experience is already on your application, you don't need to restate it, if you do, do it briefly. Really give them something about yourself that you think would stand out. The interview was about 45 minutes long and it wasn't too hard. She told us that if we got the job they would call us in within a week. (It took them a little longer than a week to call me so be patient.) If they don't call you in the time frame they said, just call and check. I checked and said "I'm calling to see if the position had been filled and to see if I was still be considered for the position." Just go in there dressed appropriately, confident, and you will get the job! :) I'm pretty sure they do background checks and credit checks. And I know for sure that they have to check your references to hire you so, make sure you put down good references.

Interview Questions

• Since you are the last person the customer sees, how would you make a lasting impression?   View Answer
  • During the holiday season, we have to be more careful for shoplifters. How would you approach someone you saw shoplifting without accusing them?   View Answer
  • Name a time when you saw someone stealing and what did you do?   View Answer
  • Why Victoria's Secret?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, they offered me $7.40. In the state of Indiana, minimum wage is $7.25.

Wheaton, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – applied in person
in person group interview
phone confrimation

Interview Question – why victoria secret   Answer Question

Oak Brook, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details – Saw an opening on the mall website and e-mailed my resume and cover letter. I was contacted a few days later to come in for an interview, but I was instructed to come early so I could fill out an application. The interview was a group one involving myself and another girl. We were taken down to the basement by the lingerie manager and she asked us questions specific to our resume, as well as questions from a small pink book. She liked us both and invited us back for a second interview which took place a few days later. This interview was also a group and was easier. It only involved a few basic sales associate questions. The rest of the interview consisted of her telling us of the policies and expectations of the company. After the interview, she said she would check our references and get back to us! The following Thursday, I got the job!

Interview Questions

• How would you make a person comfortable during a bra fitting?   Answer Question
  • Name a time where you had to absorb a lot of information in a short period of time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offered amount was awesome.

Bloomingdale, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed in a group in a very laid back atmosphere. There were two managers conducting and they were very up front with what they expected in their employees.

Interview Question – We were asked to try to sell them an item we had with us to see how we would interact with customers   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2013.

Interview Details – I had two interviews that were both group interviews. The first interview consisted of basic questions such as; tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for VS, what is your definition of culture of honesty, our experience with customer service… The store manager emphasized how she was looking to hire someone who LOVED Victoria Secret and didn’t want to work nowhere else but VS. The manager was really sweet, and was positive. She explained how we would have another interview, have our reference checked, then a decision will be made. We talked about how making the customers feel comfortable was important because many women are self-conscious of their bodies.

The second interview was with the assistant manager. She pretty much asked the same questions. Both managers were really nice. They said they will call our references and get back to us in a day!

When I went into the first interview I was nervous at first, but quickly it became easy because it was just a normal conversation. I tried answering every question as professional as possible. A key advice is to be you and be real. There was another girl in the interview with me who was the outgoing, knew everything about VS one out of the group of girls interviewing. And that can be seen as fake and/or overdoing it. So, just be calm, sweet, professional and it will get you the job!

Interview Question – What do you think would be the hardest thing for you while working here?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2012.

Interview Details – I walked in the store with my resume when I was 17 but my birthday was a week later and they called me the day after my birthday (you have to be 18). I went in for an interview the next day. The interview lasted 5 minutes total. Very easy. the interviewer was very nice and made it informal, like you were talking to a co worker you knew forever. I asked about the next step at the end and she said she'd call my references and then hire me. She called 2 days later and I accepted (:

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I asked for more and they gave it to me

White Flint Springs, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was in a group interview of 3 candidates and 1 interviewer. My advice would be to make sure you answer all the questions and try to be the first to respond to a question. Make sure you are there on time, dressed appropriately (no street clothes!), smile and be confident. The hiring process wasn't long at all, the interview lasted 45 mins and a week later I was made an offer. Keep in mind that first impressions can make you stand out.

Interview Question – the questions were pretty standard nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate, the store failed to follow up, called and left messages to schedule for on-boarding but got no response after the offer was made.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores Seasonal Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.