Victoria's Secret Stores

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Altamonte Springs, FL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – Was called for a group interview a few weeks after applying. Process was fairly easy.
Asked routine questions about customer service, what would you do in this situation, etc. Was called about a week after the interview.

Negotiation Details – The interviewer informed us that the starting wage was $8.00/hr, however I was offered minimum wage.

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – I handed in my application and got called in for an interview that day. The manager who did the interviewing was very bubbly and the other girls who were there for the group interview were nice as well. The manager asked us some questions about ourselves, which part of the store we would most like to work in, as well as the usual questions such as "Why do you want to work here?" and "How do you handle conflict?" We were told to expect a follow up call within 5 days.

Interview Question – The most difficult part for me was when they asked you to pick one of the random items on the table and sell it to the interviewer.   View Answer

Norman, OK

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was just searching for jobs online and decided to apply for Victoria Secrets. Turned in the application the assistant manager who gave it to the hiring manager because they were short staffed for the semi annual sale coming up. Received a phone call the next day to come in for an interview the next day, went into the interview which was one on one and they asked a couple of questions about availability for shifts and training then they called my references that same day. Next morning (today) received a phone call for the position and accepted. Interview was super easy less than 10 minutes.

Interview Question – The most difficult or unexpected question they asked was "We have women who come in that have had breast reductions, breast cancer, or other related issues. How would you talk and served these clients?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They gave me the job and accepted my desired pay.

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – Group interview. Dressed in all black. Allowed others to talk, but stood out too. Greeted and thanked with genuine kindness. Struck up conversation with others being interviewed. It was a good group interview experience!

Interview Question – What was a challenge of your previous job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Lombard, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details – What can you tell me about yourself, past relevant experience, what do you know about the company.

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details – Turned in my application at a store and before I could even make it out to my car a manager had called me asking to come back for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview with myself and about five other women. We went around the circle and answered the same question. Make sure you offer a unique answer and don't just regurgitate what someone else before you has said. I was called back the same night and offered a position.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty run of the mill, just know your strengths and how to make your weaknesses look like strengths.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process took three days. I went in and asked if they were hiring they gave me an application and said to come back tomorrow at 3:30, and that is exactly what i did. I was not expecting 7 other girls to be in the interview with me, at first it was intimidating and then I felt more comfortable. They told us they would contact our references and then they would get back to us. That next day i was offered the job.

Interview Question – Why Victoria's Secret?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, They offered $8 an hour which is more than i expected so I was satisfied.

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details – turn in app got a call 3 days later for interview. a group interview consist of 5 people. Simple 3 question interview
1. Why victoria secret
2. Whats the most difficult task you dont like and how did you overcome it
3. Whats the first thing you notice when you walk into a store

Interview Question – number 2 on the interview was a little hard since its a group its easy to get tongue tie   View Answer

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate

Indianapolis, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on October 17 and was just notified that I got the job yesterday (November 11). When I applied, I wasn't really expecting to get the job but I turned in the application to the store manager anyway. I called a couple times to ask about the status of my application and I got the usual "They will give you a call if they're interested." But one Friday, I asked to speak to the hiring manager and she told me that she would pull my application and put it in the pile for the group interviews. She told me they would give me a call in about a week for an interview. So I waited for a call, and I never got one. I called back up there in a week, and one of the managers there was very friendly and explained the issue with my application and we fixed it. She gave me an interview the very next day at 3:00. I'd recommend showing up in professional clothing, all black if you can since that's their uniform. I was dressed in black and all the other girls (it was three other girls and myself) had on casual or semi-casual clothing. You want to be confident and stand out because you only get one chance to make a first impression. At first I was very nervous going into the interview but I could tell the other girls were nervous too so it helped me relax. The thing about these group interviews is, they just ask a question and throw it out there so anybody can answer. The questions weren't super difficult or unexpected. The only thing that was unexpected was the fact that we basically had to compete to answer first. Which you do want to try to answer first as much as possible because it shows your interest in the job. She first started by asking us to tell a little bit about ourselves. The other girls just talked about their retail experience (DON'T make this mistake). Talk about yourself and not your experience, your experience is already on your application, you don't need to restate it, if you do, do it briefly. Really give them something about yourself that you think would stand out. The interview was about 45 minutes long and it wasn't too hard. She told us that if we got the job they would call us in within a week. (It took them a little longer than a week to call me so be patient.) If they don't call you in the time frame they said, just call and check. I checked and said "I'm calling to see if the position had been filled and to see if I was still be considered for the position." Just go in there dressed appropriately, confident, and you will get the job! :) I'm pretty sure they do background checks and credit checks. And I know for sure that they have to check your references to hire you so, make sure you put down good references.

Interview Questions

• Since you are the last person the customer sees, how would you make a lasting impression?   View Answer
  • During the holiday season, we have to be more careful for shoplifters. How would you approach someone you saw shoplifting without accusing them?   View Answer
  • Name a time when you saw someone stealing and what did you do?   View Answer
  • Why Victoria's Secret?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate, they offered me $7.40. In the state of Indiana, minimum wage is $7.25.

Wheaton, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2009.

Interview Details – applied in person
in person group interview
phone confrimation

Interview Question – why victoria secret   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores Seasonal Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.