Victoria's Secret Stores Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Allen, TX).

Interview

Group interview with 2 other girls. It was very relaxed and the manager was really cool. Ordinary interview questions like why I want to work there. She did throw in 1 out of the box question but it was interesting and made it fun . The whole process for the the group only took about 30 minutes. Easy interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick one animal to represent your traits/personality, what would it be?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Fairview Heights, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview, great manager, it took a week for them to call to set up interview. Haven't received word on whether I got the job, its been a little over a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Three interview process.

One interview with the hiring manager. One with the manager for the area you are interested (I interviewed with the beauty manager). And, one with the store manager.

First interview is a group interview with 2 other applicants. Second and third interview are one-on-one.

First interview took ~1 hr, second and third ~30 mins.

Interview Questions

• How can beauty be related to selling bra, which is what Victoria's Secret known for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Evansville, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty laid-back interview. Submitted an application in person and was contacted about a week later for an interview. The interview itself was a group interview with two other people. I had looked on this app for potential questions, and several came up that I'd seen before. However, I second-guessed myself and didn't answer the question about "wardobing" a customer for fear of being wrong-wish I had spoken up. Don't be afraid to hold conversation with the interviewer! We all took turns answering the questions for the most part, but don't be afraid to share real-life experiences you've had in the store or other stores, even if it is an example of something negative that you've learned from. The people at this location are all very nice and seem to be very close to each other. I received a call with a job offer the day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What does it mean to "wardrobe" a customer?   1 Answer
    • What is the first thing you notice when you enter a store?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever mentored anybody? Describe the experience.   1 Answer
    • What is a current fashion icon whose style you admire?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any personal favorite prod it's from Victoria's Secret or PINK?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Culver City, CA).

Interview

It was a group interview with about five or six other people applying and it lasted about 30 minutes total. We met outside the store in the mall so it was fairly casual. The interview was conducted by the store manager and she asked us 4 or 5 questions each, sometimes the same questions, sometimes different. Out of the six or seven of us, four or five of us were offered positions.

Interview Questions

• How would you make the link between our lingerie and beauty sections?   1 Answer
    • What position do you think you would be best at and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Canada, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Little Canada, ME).

Interview

Very easy and friendly interview. Basic retails questions. Applied during job fair and got scheduled for a group interview. Was interviewed by two category manager. After interview was over was told that we would be hiring within a week and if we didn't then they have our files for 6 months. No unexpected questions everything was typical questions about yourself or work background.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

Turned in an application and wasn't contacted for about two months, but I received a call to come to a group interview. The interview was with one of the assistant store managers in the operations department and she asked basic questions like why do you want to work for us, what department would you like to work in and why, job history, etc. She said we would be contacted by the category manager for the department we wanted to work in if we made the cut. A few days later the PINK manager called me and set up a 1:1 interview. She basically told me to just talk about my previous experience within the company since I would be a rehire and what track I would prefer to follow (bras, sales/apparel, etc) and it was very much just a conversational "interview". She said my references would be checked and I would be called in a few days if they check out. THEY ACTUALLY CHECKED ONE OF MY REFERENCES! I've never had that happen before, it's good that they follow up. I received an offer to start as seasonal and if I want to stay after holiday (performance depending) then I can.

Interview Questions

• What was my least favorite thing about my favorite job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told the seasonal pay rate was set, but if I'm kept on as a regular employee I would be given a raise.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2014.

Interview

Saw an ad online. I downloaded an app filled it out and handed it in along with a resume and cover letter to a store employee. Got a call two days later to schedule an interview. I would HIGHLY suggest you write a cover letter detailing your job experience, skills, and knowledge of the brand (or what you own).

The interview was scheduled two days after phone call. I met 1-on-1 with the manager and sat in her office to briefly discuss a little about myself and basically why she should hire me. You should emphasize sales/customer service skills and how you would assist a customer.

I came prepared, eager, and the interview literally was 5 minutes because she had to go back to work and they needed people ASAP.

Make sure you also have good references because they will check them!

Interview Questions

• Something along the lines of: how would you handle a customer who's feels uncomfortable in the store (maybe someone body conscious)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

$8.50, no negotiation. You work your way up!

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Montclair, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I walked in and filled out a resume and i turned it in to the manager, she asked me questions on the spot, why do you want to work here, etc. The the next day I received a call for a group interview, which was just myself and another lady. It was very odd given that it was taken place at the food court, but the manager, Rene just asked questions, rather easy, and when we were done she said to expect a call in a week for a following interview, and after that possibly be hired.

Interview Questions

• What comes to your mind when you hear 'the customer rule"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (San Diego, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I went in to give them my resume and they had me fill out an application. Super quick and the every day type of applications. I ran back in to hand it in and spoke to a manager. She looked over my resume and application and noticed I had experience in retail and then told me she would be calling me to schedule an interview. Two weeks later she called to schedule an interview three days later. I came for my interview and there were only 2 other girls in my group interview. The interview was with the store manager who was absolutely amazing. The interview was just trying to find out about who we were and why we wanted to work here. We were told we would get a call to schedule a second group interview because she knew she wanted us. A few days later we were called to set up the second interview. Again, it was just the three of us and a different manager. She also tried to find out who we were and what we wanted to do. A week and a half later I got the call asking me to join them. I accepted of course! They had us do two days of onboarding ( getting to know the policies and company), two days of shadowing, and then you were off to work for this great company. Oh and they DO check on who you put down on your references- they will call them and make a list of what they said about you!

Interview Questions

• What defines excellent customer service?   1 Answer
    • What is your favorite VS bra and why?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a fast paced environment with a lot of people needing help and how you managed to help them and remain calm and collected.   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with stress?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't able to negotiate, but she offered me fifty cents more an hour than my other jobs so I easily accepted.