Victoria's Secret Stores Stock Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pearland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Pearland, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was called by a manager to come in for a interview and wear all black, they really appreciate that. I came in the next day at 1pm and discovered it was a group interview, there were about 7 others girls waiting to go to the back and be interviewed. We finally were called to the back pretty small room barely enough seating but we made it work. We were interviewed by the store manager she was very nice laid back and a supervisor taking notes on each girl, she asked us about our selfs first what our interests were and background then she asked us what we expect from working there finally she asked what are the top three positions we would like to work there and why, over all it went really well, there were a couple girls there who previously worked with the company before and as expected new all the right things to say but overall I believe it was a good interview

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations for the position you applied for and give a list of all you expect to do in this position   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice would be go in and speak with the managers personally and market yourself they like that, have confidence and take try and be the first to answer if in a group interview because it shows you want the job but also be polite

Other Interview Reviews for Victoria's Secret Stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (White Plains, NY).

Interview

An initial application must be filled out and reviewed. The application requires you to include various personal information, employment history along with references then asks you why you are interested in working for the company and then your desired salary. After the application is reviewed and the references have been verified if you are accepted there is a follow up interview that you must attend. One of the store managers will interview you, asking various questions about your personality and why you want to work for the company and what they can expect from you.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Honolulu, HI) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was long and includes many interviews. Some interviews includes group interview which you have to stand in a room of 5 other people. Not always a easy thing to do. Takes a long time to hear anything back at first and even have to apply several times before hearing anything.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Torrance, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

This was my first official interview I have ever attended. It's always good to walk-in and ask for an application because it shows you are determined. Make sure you fill out your application to the best of your ability and be honest. Yes you may want to impress them but you will definitely go a long way with honesty. Another thing is that they always want a person who has an open availability.

I submitted several applications and exactly two weeks gone by and no one had called. Luckily, I got a call from Victoria's Secret to come in for a group interview for the stock position. I was told in the interview that the person calling usually explains to the interviewee more about the position but I don't recall anyone explaining to me, but no worries because before going to the interview, it would be VERY HELPFUL to do as much research as you can. This site especially helped me with the questions they may ask.

For myself, I interacted with the other interviewee (which is something you should do because you may be working with them). It is always good to smile and don't forget to give a firm handshake to show that you mean business. There was suppose to be one more interviewee (because i took a little peak at the list the manager had of people that was suppose to attend) but it was only down to one other person and I.

The other person that got interviewed with me dressed mostly in black attire while I went for a white formal top and a pastel skirt with black flats. I don't think it's a must to wear all black but it does show that you know about Victoria's Secret and they may be impressed. Either way, don't think that you HAVE to wear all black to the interview. Just dress formal.

Personally, I thought I would not get the job because in my mind I did my best but at the same time it was obvious that I was nervous during the interview and to me that seemed very unprofessional. No need to worry though, everyone has their moments and the manger that had interviewed me was VERY understanding and super friendly.

At the end of the interview you are asked if you have any questions. Definitely ask questions. I read somewhere that it's good to ask questions about whoever is interviewing you because they love to talk about themselves. Ask them (if they are a manager) What were the process of you becoming a manger? Something of that sort!

All in all, I was definitely myself for this interview and the very next day I was called to come in the following day to basically do training for my part. (to be continued) =)

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In my opinion, it's better to accept the offer especially when you're new to retail like I am.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores (Albany, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Victorias Secret placed an AD on Craigslist looking for associates as well as stock/backroom people. I respnded with my resume and contact information and a week later the store manager responded with interveiw date to come in. I went in and filled out an application. I was interviewed by two store managers. They were very through as to what they expected from their employees and were very open to the questions I had about the position. They were questions were a little off kilter, but I gathered what they were trying to get out of me with those particular questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when your plans were derailed at the last minute; how did you handle the situation?   1 Answer
    • Describe a type where you had so much to do, and how did you organize the tasks at hand?   1 Answer
    • Name two things that you do not like to do, and what you do to keep yourself motivated to do them   1 Answer

I declined the offer because, the schedule they needed me to work, just did not fit with my schedule. I am a college student, and do not have a car, so that worked against my favor. Stock associates have to be at the store three times a week at 6AM, and work til about 2PM. That demand would surely conflict with my class schedule.