Victory Records Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victory Records

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Victory Records in April 2012.

Getting an interview is like pulling teeth. You communicate directly with the less that professional owner of the company. It's a run around of what skills you don't posses, and a lengthy questionnaire you must fill out.

First in person interview went well. Met with 2 people from accounting department directly. They were very down to earth and seemed like fun people to be working with. They look over you answers to the questionnaire and just wanted to develop those further. Seeing if you could articulate in person. They look for more of a fit with them, and interest in the position.

Second interview is in person with owner. I was mostly talked over as he explained why the last person in the position was fired. Ultimately I got a red flag vibe more than once. I did very little talking, and did a lot of lecture listening.

Interview Questions
    • You have no accounting background, we wouldn't want to waste our time and see you not working out after two weeks. Why should we even bring you in?   View Answer

I was extended an offer very quickly. It was not detailed at all (no benefits details, no bonus details) and it was laid out in a word document. The overall compensation was incredibly low, but was offered a considerable salary bump after raising concerns (the amount was still less than average). Overall sent 2 emails to ask details of benefits and bonus. I received very unprofessional answers to my questions from the owner again. I was pressured to make a decision within a standard business day after being told the position was offered to 2 other people as well. Communication of the decline was not accepted well, and was presented insults about how I wouldn't last there anyways.

Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Victory Records in May 2010.

they e-mailed me to set up an interview. I went wearing a suit and tie; this is probably overdressing for this interview. The interview was quick and easy. They are looking for a personality fit, and a willingness to work. Your job is mostly organization so they want that to be a priority. They want to hear a story of when you had to be organized in the past. They hired me on the spot, and I started the following monday.

Interview Questions
    You are only negotiating hours. Know which hours you want to work and you will get them. (As long as it is enough hours)

Worked for Victory Records? Contribute to the Community!