Vidyo

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer

Interviewed at Vidyo

Interview Details – Months after submitting a resume, I was contacted by HR about a new job opening, and scheduled a "Vidyo" (videoconference) interview. This review is based on the screening interview with HR. Other than the question listed below, it was a brief and straightforward screening interview with no unexpected questions. This was my first video interview. It turned out to be no big deal, not much unlike a phone interview with the added benefit of seeing the interviewer's face and expressions.

Interview Question – Do you know the protocols SVC or H.264?   View Answer

Sales Engineer Interview

Sales Engineer
Hackensack, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Vidyo in February 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process was rather lackluster.
First they wanted to have video interviews, which makes sense as that's their product... video conferencing. Unfortunately their technology is rather unimpressive. Think Skype, with more bells and whistles... but doesn't work anywhere near as well. The quality of the video call was horrible, and dropped out several times. This made me immediately wonder, how can I get enthusiastic about selling technology that's not special, has no killer features, and works worse than several free options out there?!?!

They had me take a test on my network and technology skills, which I passed (100%).
But then the interviewer was worried about the fact I've never worked directly with video technology. a) Video technology is about 100x LESS involved and technical than dealing with IT networks (my specialty) b) I passed the test with 100% correct answers. How can they be worried about my tech knowledge? c) It's practically Skype, how hard is it for an IT guy to know how to install, configure, and manage a Skype clone?

Interview Question – The most challenging question they gave was, "Surprise me".
Sorry, that's a lame question. Most major companies, and business people stay away from useless "shock" questions like that. All that shows is lack of interview skills.
  Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Vidyo.

Interview Details – I applied to the position online and received an email from HR. The first round is a non-technical interview. The second round is a technical interview. Since Vidyo is a video conference company, the interviewees used company's product for the interviews. I have to note that the quality of the video interview is quite good.

Interview Question – This company use C as the main language. The familiarity with common C APIs is a must.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Hackensack, NJ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Vidyo in November 2013.

Interview Details – I got an email from a recruiter from Vidyo for scheduling a phone interview and the vidyo conference interview was scheduled the same day in next one hour. the same day after 1 hour of the interview received a second Vidyo conference interview call for the next day. After a week received an onsite interview call scheduled exactly after 1 week. Interviewers were very friendly and helpful. Hoping for the best at the onsite interview.

Interview Question – Asked abt SQL, what approach can be taken for making test plans, document test conditions out of the functional requirements.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Vidyo

Interview Details – Met a lot of people in the process which provided great insight into the company's culture and the team I will be working with.

Interview Question – Some interviews were quite challenging - a lot of fun!   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

Interviewed at Vidyo

Interview Details – Interview was usual and standard process. You get to meet a few different people from one/two groups, with an informal group lunch in between. Some interviewers are smart, others were okay, same as any other firm

Interview Question – Coding/scripting question. The difficulty was lack of experience in that question domain, that apart it wasn't too difficult   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Quality Assurance Engineer

Interview Details – two interviews

Senior Interview

Senior

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Vidyo.

Interview Details – Be careful !
They had pulled back offers in the very last minute post contract negotiation.
It happened more than once, not only to me (I know from first hand), even for very senior positions.
Think very carefully whether you can allow yourself and want to take the risk in investing a lot in the process and get it pulled back in the very last minute. Alternatively sign the contract first and negotiate it later....

Interview Question – What would people consider to be your disadvantages.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The overall negotiation was fairly pleasant the very last minute pull back in the end of the process was made totally unilaterally without any reasonable explanation and despite lots of investment in the process from both sides (mainly on my side)

Worked for Vidyo? Contribute to the Community!