Vidyo Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vidyo.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went great. HR was very nice and asked a few general interview questions as well as background questions. Then I was called in for an interview and met with two others. While I was sitting by the front desk I got a really positive vibe from everyone. I think it is important to see how happy employees seemed to be at work. Everyone was very professional and again very friendly. HR does a complete back ground check but overall the process went quick. Overall I had a great interview experience. Everything went smooth and communication was excellent.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo (Hackensack, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Efficient and well coordinated. Had a Vidyo call with HR and then a day of face to face meetings in the office which included lunch with the team. Everyone was very friendly and the 'vibe' in the office was positive.

Sales Interview

Interview

Extremely drawn out and disorganized process when compared to other tech companies of this size. Also, a recruiting agency called Castle Consulting was handling the search and scheduling and did not do a good job. The involvement of multiple parties made for a really poor experience as a candidate. There seems to be a lot of disagreement among Vidyo leadership about what their priorities are and there we're significant layoffs at the management level recently.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about retaining unhappy customers?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vidyo in January 2015.

Interview

Process was very drawn out and disorganized. Spoke with three team members. one twice, but there was no logical progression. Seemed the parties were not communicating and one of the conferences felt like a complete waste.. Hope that their internal communication is better for business sake. Eventually not hired because now they have decided that they want staff to be in office- very interesting for a Video Conferencing company. Guess they don't trust their own technology medium...

Interview Questions

• What would be your first area of focus once you started?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo (Mountain View, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

No coordination whatsoever. I am from a L2/L3 Networking background with Virtualization and consulting / customer facing experience. I was interviewed 3 round over their video conferencing software, first 2 going very well (including the "surprise me" part mentioned by another reviewer. The 3rd round was with a director out of the east coast. He spoke to me for just 10 minutes before realizing that I did not have much on the job experience in video standards other than what I had taught myself. The interview was cut short after that (they wanted someone with video job experience) and he went on to find other insane (spurious) reasons to put me on the back foot. IF THEY HAD JUST TAKEN 3 MINUTES TO READ MY RESUME, they wouldn't have had to take me through 3 rounds of interviews.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Vidyo (Hackensack, NJ).

Interview

Had a very speedy interviewing process consisting of meeting the hiring manager, his parallel on another related department and the VP they both report to. Very good relevant discussion and chemistry with the first two individuals. When I got to the VP, however, I was met with what can be best described as questionable manners: Interviewing VP and myself siting around a 2 people size coffee table. The interviewer was eating a snack while reading (and answering) text messages as he was interviewing me. To me, that was a first. The type of questions, tone of conversation and overall chemistry was in line with the snac-xting experience. I must praise the firm for the speedy process and a straightforward approach when it came to compensation package discussion. Despite the negative experience mentioned above, I eventually decided to accept the offer - figuring my day-to-day interaction with said individual would be infrequent due to the hierarchical structure in place. Note to self: do not disregard or play down the value of a hunch again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward when it came to compensation package. Very little room to negotiate but the firm was very open about this.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo in July 2014.

Interview

Applied through college website. It took 2 days to get response from the HR. Mainly asked about previous experience, why you want to do this job, basic knowledge about QA. During the final round also asked two technical questions: 1) given a string, use any language you want to write code that can reverse the string. 2) write SQL queries about joining tables

Sales Engineer Interview

Interview

Months after submitting a resume, I was contacted by HR about a new job opening, and scheduled a "Vidyo" (videoconference) interview. This review is based on the screening interview with HR. Other than the question listed below, it was a brief and straightforward screening interview with no unexpected questions. This was my first video interview. It turned out to be no big deal, not much unlike a phone interview with the added benefit of seeing the interviewer's face and expressions.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the protocols SVC or H.264?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hackensack, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vidyo (Hackensack, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview process was rather lackluster. First they wanted to have video interviews, which makes sense as that's their product... video conferencing. Unfortunately their technology is rather unimpressive. Think Skype, with more bells and whistles... but doesn't work anywhere near as well. The quality of the video call was horrible, and dropped out several times. This made me immediately wonder, how can I get enthusiastic about selling technology that's not special, has no killer features, and works worse than several free options out there?!?! They had me take a test on my network and technology skills, which I passed (100%). But then the interviewer was worried about the fact I've never worked directly with video technology. a) Video technology is about 100x LESS involved and technical than dealing with IT networks (my specialty) b) I passed the test with 100% correct answers. How can they be worried about my tech knowledge? c) It's practically Skype, how hard is it for an IT guy to know how to install, configure, and manage a Skype clone?

Interview Questions

• The most challenging question they gave was, "Surprise me". Sorry, that's a lame question. Most major companies, and business people stay away from useless "shock" questions like that. All that shows is lack of interview skills.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vidyo.

Interview

I applied to the position online and received an email from HR. The first round is a non-technical interview. The second round is a technical interview. Since Vidyo is a video conference company, the interviewees used company's product for the interviews. I have to note that the quality of the video interview is quite good.

Interview Questions

• This company use C as the main language. The familiarity with common C APIs is a must.   Answer Question