Viking River Cruises

Viking River Cruises Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Viking River Cruises

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

interviewed at Viking River Cruises in January 2014.

The recruiters are reviewing your qualifications even when you don't know it. For example, when they call you for an interview, make sure you sound friendly and professional- they're testing how you sound on the phone. It's actually a kind of phone interview but without the interview questions. If you get called twice, another employee told me that its because they either like you or theyre not sure about your phone voice and need to listen to you again.
    My interview started off with 1 manager (I think) then a 2nd interview with 2 supervisors- one right after the other. Each interview takes a few minutes but they make you wait between each interview to see how comfortable you handle the pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how good is your geography skills?   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Viking River Cruises.

Interview was fairly easy. You need to know your European geography fairly well, including countries, cities, regions, and what they are famous for. Past direct international (mostly European) exposure is a big plus.

Interview Questions
    • After the face-to-face interview I was emailed and asked to describe (in writing, obviously) what sightseeing I would recommend in a particular foreign city (don't want to mention it here), if the tour bus had 4-6 hrs there. Had to factor in all the details affecting time: the distances from the port to the sights, traffic conditions, time for parking and walking, time at the sights, time for bathroom breaks, etc. Proposed a few sights, as possible options, taking into account all of the above and more.   Answer Question
    When I had asked about what benefits the company offered, I was told that nobody had asked that question before... That sounded extremely odd to me, to say the least. I took the job only because I had to. Salary was "not negotiable."

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Viking River Cruises in November 2013.

I applied online and received a call from one of their recruiters. I had a brief phone interview with "Karen" on the phone and she scheduled me for an interview. I went to their location in Woodland Hills and met with her for a 20 minute in person role play. From there, I went to "John" for 3.5 minutes of questioning and then to "Irena" for 6 minutes of interview time. One hour after the interview concluded, I received a call from "Karen" regarding an offer. When I spoke to her, she informed me that in his 3.5 minutes of "deep interview techniques", John concluded that I should start out as a Travel Agent Consultant and not with the regular inbound calling. When I inquired why I was considered inadequate to handle regular calls in their call center, I was told because John felt I wasn't experienced enough. In the end Viking offered me the position to handle travel agent calls and told me to think about it over the weekend. I called back the next week, left 2 messages on voice mail and when I finally reached her said the offer was no long valid! This is the most pathetic and unprofessional interview experience to date. How does a company stay in business when they don't even really interview candidates? Then when you don't get down on your knees and kiss their feet when they extend a pathetic position which is not different than anything you would find in a local mall, they get defensive. Don't waste your time with these amateurs!

Interview Questions
    • Role play regarding a customer wanting to go on a vacation to Europe.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Viking River Cruises in June 2013.

Wack

We will email you

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Viking River Cruises in December 2012.

It's different for everyone; there is no clear, consistent policy for the interview process. We have all had different experiences. Different number of interviews from 1 to 6.

There is no negotiation. You take it or you leave it and if you don't like anything their policy is, "There's the door."

Creative Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reseda, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reseda, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Viking River Cruises in December 2011.

Started with a recruiter's call, then scheduled a phone interview with hiring manager for 30 minutes. After the phone interview, an in-person interview with hiring manager was scheduled the following week. The entire process was very pleasant, the hiring manager was easy to work with and very knowledgeable about the industry and the job responsibilities in particular. Felt very comfortable during the interview with the competency level of the hiring manager and the environment of the company.

Then the waiting game began. A week later, called the recruiter and recruiter was non-commital. Then another week. Communication with recruiter changed from "outlook is good, you're definitely one of the two candidates being considered" to "why don't you send me your resume and a list of companies you're looking at, and I'll do what I can to get you placed." The entire process took about 1.5 months until the recruiter finally gave up and told me that he's gotten zero feedback from the hiring manager and that at this point it is unlikely that they're interested. Never heard back again.

Interview Questions
    • How much experience have you had with the travel industry?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Viking River Cruises in September 2008.

I had one interview with two managers. The person who was interviewing me made me wait quite some time in the lobby which was a bit uncomfortable. It was an average interview as far as the difficulty of the questions. There was a test given on geography of Europe , which if you've traveled you would have no problem with completing.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about your manager speaking to you very firmly or even rudely as a way to motivate you to increase sales?   Answer Question

I received an offer in my field.