Viking River Cruises

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Woodland Hills, CA

I interviewed at Viking River Cruises in January 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiters are reviewing your qualifications even when you don't know it. For example, when they call you for an interview, make sure you sound friendly and professional- they're testing how you sound on the phone. It's actually a kind of phone interview but without the interview questions. If you get called twice, another employee told me that its because they either like you or theyre not sure about your phone voice and need to listen to you again.
My interview started off with 1 manager (I think) then a 2nd interview with 2 supervisors- one right after the other. Each interview takes a few minutes but they make you wait between each interview to see how comfortable you handle the pressure.

Interview Question – Tell me how good is your geography skills?   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Customer Service Agent
Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Viking River Cruises in June 2013.

Interview Details – Wack

Interview Question – What do you know about cruising   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We will email you

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Viking River Cruises in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from one of their recruiters. I had a brief phone interview with "Karen" on the phone and she scheduled me for an interview. I went to their location in Woodland Hills and met with her for a 20 minute in person role play. From there, I went to "John" for 3.5 minutes of questioning and then to "Irena" for 6 minutes of interview time. One hour after the interview concluded, I received a call from "Karen" regarding an offer. When I spoke to her, she informed me that in his 3.5 minutes of "deep interview techniques", John concluded that I should start out as a Travel Agent Consultant and not with the regular inbound calling. When I inquired why I was considered inadequate to handle regular calls in their call center, I was told because John felt I wasn't experienced enough. In the end Viking offered me the position to handle travel agent calls and told me to think about it over the weekend. I called back the next week, left 2 messages on voice mail and when I finally reached her said the offer was no long valid! This is the most pathetic and unprofessional interview experience to date. How does a company stay in business when they don't even really interview candidates? Then when you don't get down on your knees and kiss their feet when they extend a pathetic position which is not different than anything you would find in a local mall, they get defensive. Don't waste your time with these amateurs!

Interview Question – Role play regarding a customer wanting to go on a vacation to Europe.   Answer Question

Woodland Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Viking River Cruises in December 2012.

Interview Details – It's different for everyone; there is no clear, consistent policy for the interview process. We have all had different experiences. Different number of interviews from 1 to 6.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You take it or you leave it and if you don't like anything their policy is, "There's the door."

Worked for Viking River Cruises? Contribute to the Community!