Village Green

www.villagegreen.com
  www.villagegreen.com

Village Green Interview Questions

Sales Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Village Green.

Very short process in my case. I was contacted by the property manager who would be my direct supervisor. Had an interview with her that lasted 2 hours, then had an interview with a Regional Manager that lasted 1 hour, the final step was a phone interview with a Marketing Director. From forst contact to job offer was a week or less.

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions for a sales position. Just stay very positive and friendly. The company REALLY focuses on first impressions so be sure to dress accordingly for the interview. Dress is slightly different for each location some more business professional some more urban/fashionable. Even my nails were commented on I found out later.   Answer Question
    Starting salaries are pretty cemented.

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Village Green.

My first interview with this company was in January. It was a normal pre-screen interview. Typical questions "What are your goals?" "What kind of position are you looking for?"

After my interview, I did not recieve a call back until the following March. No communication in between January and May at all.

My second interview lasted about an hour. I was told there is normally a third interview but I did not experience one. I was offered the position and ended up turning it down.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, all of the questions were very typical interview questions. "What is your greatest strength/weakness?" "How do you handle stressful situations?" etc.   Answer Question

The management trainee program seemed like it was very time consuming and the company did not seem very organized to me. They way the job described to me made it seem like I would be a glorified landlord, not something I'm interested in. Also, the person I interviewed with made it sound like I would be working crazy hours all the time and the salary offered was not high enough.

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montevallo, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montevallo, AL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Village Green in February 2013.

One phone interview, one interview in person with a staffing person from HR, one final interview with the HR person and the regional director. All of the VG employees are thorough, knowledgeable, friendly, and prepared. There is a binder for everything that could and will possibly happen in the office and in your community.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to educate them on Alabama laws for evictions, demands for payment, and collection activities since they have never managed any communities in the south. The rules/laws are very different.   Answer Question
    They emailed me an offer letter entailing my salary, bonus potential, and all the employee benefits and the costs if any associated with them.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Village Green in January 2010.

Very by the book interview. Everything was read directly from a piece of paper and notes were taken. It was possibly the worst interview I have ever witnessed. If you have a personality they are simple questions to answer. They did not to really uncover the qualities of the person being interviewed.

Interview Questions
    They named their salary and you take it or leave it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Village Green in December 2010.

I applied for the job through an online job board. I did not hear back from them until a month later. They called and did a brief phone interview- behavioral questions. After that interview they scheduled an in person interview at their location. At that interview I met with the office manager, to which I was going to be reporting to, I f i got the job. At the interview I had general questions about experiences, skills, etc. as well as several behavioral questions. Interviewer was very nice and she clearly had experience interviewing candidates.
    I asked plenty of questions and she answered them very positive and well. It lasted about 25minutes. After that I took an excel test (data entry, formulas, getting info from reports and typing it in) and a spelling test. (on commonly misspelled words).
    Those who move beyond this phase are supposed to get a second interview with the branch director about 2 weeks later.