Village Inn

Updated Oct 24, 2014

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Village Inn

Line Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Village Inn.

Referred by a friend. Met with manager, discussed nothing relating to the job. Was told it was not a fine dining establishment. Obviously it isn't. If you can put up with subpar food. This is a great place to learn how to cook an egg really quickly.

Interview Questions
    Was offered a wage commensurate to my experience. None of it applied once I started. Everything was based on speed. Quality was not discussed.

Busser Interview

Application taken in by hand, wore a polo and nice pants. (Similar to uniform)
    Was told to come back a couple days later dressed nicely, for interview.
    Dressed in slacks, dress pants, and a tie: and was asked several questions off a standard list. Answering these questions, I was informed I was getting a job.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were simple and direct, not thought provoking.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Platte, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Platte, NE

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Village Inn in October 2010.

First there was a phone interview which led to a 1:1. Later an email was sent offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected nor were they difficult.   Answer Question
    acceptable

Server Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Village Inn in January 2010.

I came in to hand in an application and was told by the general manager to come back later that week for an interview. On the day of the interview I came in dress in slacks and a nice blouse, but I know some of my co-workers just wore jeans to their interviews. I was told about the company and what they are all about, ect. The interview was very short and more of a get-to-know me than anything else.