Villanova University

Updated Jan 10, 2015
Updated Jan 10, 2015

4.0

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Villanova University.

It was totally based on our grades (Min of 3 GPA) and our skill set. I was tested majorly in web technologies like html, css, javascript, jquery and one of the powerful CMS.

Patrol Officer II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Villanova University.

After applying several times over the course of about two years (Note: I exceed the experience & education requirements) I was eventually contacted by telephone and offered the opportunity to come in for an interview. Before the interview you are required to sign a nondisclosure agreement regarding the interview process/questions; I guess they do not want people to know about their impractical hiring process. The interview process consisted strictly of about 6-8 situational questions with a panel of 3-4 supervisors. The questions were ridiculous and slightly unrelated to the position. I have had many interviews in the past but never one like this. I was not asked any normal interview questions. All in all, the interview lasted ten minutes at best, and upon conclusion I was not given the opportunity to ask any questions. I was told that I would be contacted with a decision within two weeks good or bad. However, I did not hear back from Villanova until about two months later via email.

Interview Questions
    • Situational Question: It's 7:30am and you have to be to work at 8am. Prior to arriving at work you have to: stop at the cleaners, get gas, fix a flat on your car, make breakfast for your family, and call your insurance company regarding home renovations. Describe in detail what order you would complete the given task and why.   Answer Question

UNIT Support Interview

Written Test and Interview

Its fixed salary

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Villanova University in March 2010.

Initial communication was good. Campus interview was pleasant with some faculty members and unpleasant, almost aggressive, with others.

It does not matter if a department wants to hire you. Unlike most universities, the final decision is up to the dean and the department has to accept that decision.

Communication of the final decision about hiring was quite unprofessional - a one line e-mail message from the Human Resources Center-

Interview Questions
    • The interview with the dean. He asked bias questions towards religious beliefs   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villanova, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villanova, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Villanova University in August 2009.

On-line posting of position found on the University Site
    Submission of resume and references, via on-line, to HR Department
    Wait for response and in some cases, no responses is ever rec'd.
    Contacted for interview
    Offered presented and meet with HR to formalize offer presented and sign-up for benefits
    Start, work and received yearly review, after Self Evaluation is provided by Staff Member

Here is the salary chart, this is the band you fall into, start date.