Vince Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

1.8

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vince.

Interview

The hiring process went well, I was scoped by the corporate executives in New York to interview at the Los Angeles corporate store. I went in and interviewed with Gaby the following week and it was kind of award..... Once again another company who hires by the color of your skin and not the content of your resume. These people loved me over the phone because I sound like a white girl, but when they seen that I was black it was a turn off.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Vince in January 2015.

Interview

There isn't a Vince. physical store yet. The new store would be opening in Camarillo Premium Outlets on Feb. 1 so we had our interview in a nearby Starbucks.

I submitted my resume 3rd week of December and received a call on Jan 5. and had the interview the following day. The interview lasted for about 10 minutes. They were really nice and more of a getting to know type of interview. nothing very hard.

They asked situational questions, too, so be prepared for that. After the interview, they said they'd give me a call.

then a week after, I received an email saying that they have decided to proceed with another candidate.

I like the fact that they gave feedback immediately after a week as some companies keep you hanging for weeks.

Interview Questions

• If you were to shop in Nordstrom, which brand will you be? It doesn't have to be us, we just want to know your style.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vince.

Interview

It was very quick. As soon I submitted my resume, I got a call back within the two days. I met up with the district manager when she was in town checking out the new store. She was very nice. We basically talked about my experience with retail and outlet, and she talked about how the store would be run. An offer was made a week later but because there was another store opening in another city, I didn't find out what my pay and benefits are and I didn't want to accept unless I have it on paper until two weeks later.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Vince (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Three Interviews with no follow up form HR or Regional management. I met with Regional manager twice at an off site location, the atmosphere was pleasant and she was very professional. I would only request that the company implements a follow up plan

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vince (Manhasset, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Very easy process, manager was friendly and inviting. Asked about basic background skills, retail knowledge and schedule preferences. Sat with her for about 25 minutes, and felt very comfortable. Had been recruited by the manager while working a previous job, process only took about a week from interview to hire.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell to a client that didn't seem interested?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vince (White Plains, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by the store manager who was amazing. However she is no longer with the company. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I just walked in the store and handed in my resume and got a response a couple of days later. After my interview, I heard back two days later and they told me I got the job. I filled out all of my paperwork the same day and started a week later.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a conversation than it was an interview. But they ask all of the basic questions. Like Why do you want to work at Vince? How do you clientele, and etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The base pay for a key holder is 11.50 for p/t and 12.50 for f/t. for the company. But they're willing to offer more, so I'd suggest to ask a few dollars higher.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Vince (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by HR the following day. Went into the HQ that week for a 10 minute interview with two account executives and they asked basic questions. Was offered the position the following week.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Vince in January 2011.

Interview

The manager at the time seemed uneducated and not the most professional. I was asked basic interview questions that seemed printed offline, nothing challenging. The interview was a breeze, but mainly because I didn't take the store manager interviewing me seriously.

Be sure and know about VINCE and convey what you like about the brand. Be prepared to discuss your numbers at previous jobs; sales goals, UPT, ADS, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Vince?   1 Answer

Manager seemed uneducated