Viralheat

Updated Aug 10, 2014

3.3

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Viralheat.

It started with the recruiter. No 22-year old, pushy recruiter was she; she took the time to carefully read my LI profile and ask thoughtful questions about how my different experiences would relate to the position. After a few screens with her, I asked if I could meet the CEO. The reason was that culture is #1 important to me (even more than $$, which is different from most Sales positions), and I wanted to find out how he actively promotes a positive, truly collaborative, respectful culture. Jeff was (is) humble, a great listener, happy to give 100% of the credit to others, and thoughtful. He's the antithesis of many other Valley CEOs that I've met in that there is exactly zero hubris, name-dropping, or "let me tell you what I have done" in the conversation. In my experience, culture comes down from the CEO and I was convinced. The company did everything that they said they would do, throughout the process.

The most important interviewer for me? The new salesperson, who had just moved from Ops to Sales and who had been at the company for about 2 years. She positively gushed about the company and its culture. I asked for specific examples and she gave them. She clearly was not coached. It was my conversation with her that convinced me 100% that this was a company I wanted to join.

Interview Questions
    • Please share a deck, presentation, or other communication that you have made for coaching your internal sales team   View Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Viralheat.

I get multiple recruiter calls a week, but I was very impressed with the outreach from Viralheat. The recruiter, Maureen, was incredibly professional, balanced, and helpful in terms of outlining the opportunity and determining if it was the "right" fit for me. She was not pushy, and I could tell was really focused on finding the right fit for the company, not just placing someone.

The process was well defined, concise, and effective. I spoke with the head of sales, one AE and the CEO. Once we determined it was a mutual fit, I got to speak with co-founders (culture fit) and wrapped up with the VP and CEO again.

In the end, they outlined clearly how my skills would fit and succeed, and were also transparent on areas where they had concerns. It was one of the most honest, non-pushy, and fair interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If I talked to three former peers how would they describe you, and would they work with you again. If yes/no, why?   Answer Question
    Similar to the interview process, no BS, no politics, straight-forward and fair. My advice would be don't play games, or try to be to cunning in your negotiations.

Social Media and Content Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Viralheat.

Phone screen + onsite interview + work sample submissions + writing assignment. I was not hired, but I have nothing but positive things to say about this company and the staff I met. They have a clear vision of the company's future, the competition and what they need to deliver to be successful.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Viralheat in June 2013.

The interview process started with a phone call and ended with an in-person interview where I met with the Sales Manager as well as the two co-founders. After roughly an hour and a half I left and received a phone call the next day offering me the job. It was fairly simple and straight forward. I will say that it was obvious that they are just as concerned with personality and a good culture fit as they are with skills and work experience, at least for the sales department.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any unexpected or difficult questions. Very straight forward interview.   Answer Question
    I asked for an increase in base pay after 3 months if they were happy with my performance. I honestly forgot about it and they approached me and told me they were so happy and were going to approve the pay increase.