Virgin Media

12 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Hook, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Virgin Media in June 2010.

Interview Details – I was suppose to have a face-to-face interview. I turned up on time, informed the receptionist who I was being intervied by and waited in reception. I waited for 30 minutes and went up the receptionist to check that the interviewer had been informed. She told me they had but offered no apology for their lateness. I then waited another 10 minutes then went up the receptionist and told her I was leaving as it was clear they were not interested in seeing me. She looked shocked that I was leaving.

Assistant Accountant Interview

Assistant Accountant
Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Virgin Media in July 2013.

Interview Details – Internal interview with a senior managers based on standard (but not available) set of questions checking candidates match to Virgin Media model behaviours.Generally competency based with open questions such us:"describe when you improve a process" or "what makes you frustrated at work and how you deal withn it"? Nice, friendly atmosphere.

Interview Question – Explain when you improve a process or how do you make sure that you provide an excelent customer service?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have not had enough accounts experience despite giving "really good answers".

Customer Contact Intern Interview

Customer Contact Intern
Manchester, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 7+ weeks - interviewed at Virgin Media.

Interview Details – 1 - Send in your CV
2 - Successful candidates invited for a 10 min interview. 5 questions, 2 competency based.
3 - Successful candidates invited to an informal assessment centre. 1 group exercise and 1 individual interview.
4 - Successful candidates are notified by email.

NOTE - If Virgin Media like you, they will do their upmost to find you a position, even if it is not in the original position you applied for. It is having the right attitude and willingness to work which will get you hired.

Interview Question – Describe a time which put you under pressure and how you dealt with it. Both academics and workplace.   Answer Question

Human Resources - Employee Services Interview

Human Resources - Employee Services
Hook, London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Virgin Media.

Interview Details – Have a culture of using competency based interviews

Interview Question – There were no trick questions if you knew your topic well   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – If you know the market value, you can haggle

Resourcing Manager Interview

Resourcing Manager
Basingstoke, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Virgin Media in December 2012.

Interview Details – Had an initial telephone interview to discuss the role and the purpose. Agreed to meet line manager 1 week later at a hotel for a relaxed discussion about the role. Met with a key senior stakeholder and two peers within the team. A final interview consisted of presentation for what I would do in my first 90 days of the role.

Interview Question – Which personnal event has had the biggest impact on your career to date?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – relaxed, thought provoking, transparent and quick

Internship Interview

Internship
Manchester, England (UK)

I interviewed at Virgin Media in May 2013.

Interview Details – Interview Details – Went through the online application, answered the questions, sent in C.V and covering questions. Was then invited to do an online video interview. They asked questions like "what extra curricular activities are you involved in?" and "tell us about an advertising campaign that you really admire?". I then received a voicemail on the Friday evening inviting me to the assessment centre, telling me they would call me after the weekend. They never called and when I eventually called them around 2pm on the Monday, they told me they had given priority to the candidates that they managed to get hold of - so essentially a first come first serve basis!

Interview Question – Interview Question – What do you think about our most recent advertising campaign - tricky as I had already spoken about the Virgin Media campaign in a previous question   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme (Consumer Marketing) Interview

Graduate Scheme (Consumer Marketing)
London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Virgin Media in March 2013.

Technical Support, Customer Care Exicutive Interview

Technical Support, Customer Care Exicutive
Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Virgin Media in November 2012.

Interview Details – it is a good process to hire anybody for IBM.. multiple numbers of rounds to be cleared to get a chance to work with IBM..

Interview Question – when there is a problem with the internet services..then why there is a need to do reboot of the internet equipment always..can't we do something to get a perfect internet services..   View Answer

Market Research Interview

Market Research

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Virgin Media in June 2012.

Interview Details – fair process. phone interview followed by 1:1 interview. i was declined a job offer as my salary expectations very very high than the role's.
interview had competency based question, why Virgin and project presentation.

Interview Question – Why Virgin?   Answer Question

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Technical Business Analyst
Swansea, Wales (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Virgin Media in February 2012.

Interview Details – 1. application on-line.
2. 20 minute phone interview with role play.
3.4 hour assessment: 1:1 interview; role play; group assesment.

Worked for Virgin Media? Contribute to the Community!