Virgin Media Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.9

Senior Commercial Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virgin Media (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview itself was fine, despite being unsuccessful. However, the recruiters at Virgin Media are poor. I had initially applied for two roles at VM - with a face to face interview for one, and a telephone interview secured for the 2nd. As a result of the first interview being unsuccessful, they said that the offers of a telephone interview for the other role were "in error". They then gave me feedback on the interview on a presentation I never made, with feedback from someone who wasn't at the interview!

Interview Questions

• Explain the competitive environment in which VM operate - what are their strengths, and what are their weaknesses.   Answer Question

Virgin Media Response

Jun 11, 2015 – Resourcing Supplier Manager

Hi there, thank you for your time earlier. Candidate experience is our number one priority and we really appreciate your honest feedback which we will use to get it better next time. We wish ... More

New Build Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Virgin Media (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Competency based interview with two hiring managers. General interview questions for HR purposes and then a general chat about myself, the job and the company. Being an internal applicant helped, I was aware of the requirments for the job and have been aware of the day to day work of people in this job

Interview Questions

• If you could be any cartoon character who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hook, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Virgin Media (Hook, South East England, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a basic competency based interview with a short SAS test on paper. I did some preparation for the questions but got the feeling that they really just wanted to know if I would fit in with the rest of the team. The SAS test stumped me a bit as I'm not used to writing code by hand. I thought I'd done really badly but was told they only really use it for HR to make sure they employ someone who has actually been on SAS before.

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you delivered exceptional customer service? What does exceptional customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Inbound Movers Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gateshead, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virgin Media (Gateshead, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Was referred by a family friend. Received an email link to an online application which I filled in and was then asked to book a slot for telephone interview. This lasted about twenty minutes and was just some basic questions and a quick sales role play pretending to represent a holiday company (I had to do a call back to a customer interested in weekend trip). I was then invited for a face to face interview which lasted about 45 minutes and involved answering questions about the position and how I'd approach it, and another sales role play, this time selling a virgin mobile tariff to a caller. Be prepared to answer questions about facing difficult, slow days, remaining positive when talking to people and hitting sales targets.

Interview Questions

• Imagine it's been a very slow day so far and every call has just been inquiries or difficult customers. How would you handle this when containing to answer calls?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Virgin Media in January 2015.

Interview

short, to-the-point questions on background, interests, and a few standard technical questions on machine learning, general technical, get to know questions, ambitions etc, they described about the company, what the do, where they want to go ..

Interview Questions

• few standard technical questions on machine learning, general technical, get to know questions, ambitions etc   Answer Question
    • data science, machine learning related, explain my background   Answer Question

Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virgin Media (Birmingham, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Usual online application. After submitting application, I was invited to video my answers to three questions - one very simple to get you used to the process, then two about VM's future challenges and my passion for technology. You could record an answer an many times as you like so it wasn't too stressful. Was then invited to an assessment centre in Birmingham. The format of the day was pretty standard and fairly intense: two interviews, one of which started with a 10 minute pre-prepared presentation from me and was quite technical, other was more standard competency-based questions. Two group tasks, had about half an hour to evaluate a case study and come to a group conclusions and then present our conclusions to the panel. Although some of the questions/group activities were quite challenging, all the staff were very supportive and friendly and there was generally a good atmosphere throughout the day.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virgin Media (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the role after seeing at advertised online. The recruiter contacted me and my application was put forward. Two weeks later I was contacted about an in person interview at their Hammersmith, London office. It was briefed as an interview with the hiring manager, but turned out to also be with another manager from the same team. It was a mix of discussion about my previous roles, as well as some competency based questions. Surprisingly for an interview, the hiring manager was dressed in cargo jeans, trainers and a hoodie. I know Virgin is casual, but I was expecting slightly more of an effort to be made for an interview. The interview was friendly enough, but when I asked about next steps, was told "we've got other people to interview", and nothing further. I left feeling unsure as to how it all went. A week later I was contacted about a second interview, again at the Hammersmith office, but this time with two of the colleagues of the role. This was also a mix of friendly discussion, and some competency based questions - nothing difficult or unexpected. The interviewers did make a point of saying how disorgansed the company was in terms of processes and procedures, which I wasn't expecting. A couple of hours later, I received a call from the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've worked with external suppliers to achieve an outcome   Answer Question

Customer Contact Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at Virgin Media (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

1 - Send in your CV 2 - Successful candidates invited for a 10 min interview. 5 questions, 2 competency based. 3 - Successful candidates invited to an informal assessment centre. 1 group exercise and 1 individual interview. 4 - Successful candidates are notified by email. NOTE - If Virgin Media like you, they will do their upmost to find you a position, even if it is not in the original position you applied for. It is having the right attitude and willingness to work which will get you hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time which put you under pressure and how you dealt with it. Both academics and workplace.   Answer Question

Human Resources - Employee Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hook, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Virgin Media (Hook, London, England (UK)).

Interview

Have a culture of using competency based interviews

Interview Questions

• There were no trick questions if you knew your topic well   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you know the market value, you can haggle

Business Solution Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virgin Media (London, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview which went really well, was invited up to a formal interview with the woman who interviewed me plus (HoD Consultancy) plus another Senior Manager. On the day I duly arrived to be told that the woman who'd done the phone interview was on leave and the senior manager wasn't there and wasn't answering his phone. This dragged on for half an hour during which I called the Recruitment Consultant to ask what was going on, eventually the Senior Manager turned up looking flustered carrying loads of papers untidily in his arms.No apology. It was obvious that he's completely forgotten or didn't know in the first place about the interview. No room was booked for it so we ended up sitting in easy chairs in the corner of an open plan office, his questions were facile and trite and it became obvious he just wanted to get this over with so he could return to his evidently chaotic day. I did manage to wheedle out of him that, reading bewteen the lines, this position had been earmarked for an internal candidate so the whole thing was a waste of time. I've never been so insultingly and unprofessionally dealt with. If this is a measure of the competency of senior management within Virgin Media, it's no surprise they get so many complaints. Avoid.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Virgin ?   1 Answer