Virginia College Admissions Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia College (North Charleston, SC).

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and given by "professionals" across the country. The first phone interview was a random call, unscheduled. Then I was emailed a written assessment test. After the written assessment test, there were two more SCRIPTED phone interviews, another being an oral assessment test very similar to the written. After "passing" those, I was scheduled an in-person interview with the Director of Admissions and the President of the North Charleston location. I had to reschedule my interview for an unexpected issue and after numerous calls and emails to the Director were not returned, I realized that this for-profit college was not a place that I desired to work. I felt the Director was very unprofessional with no follow up call or email. Reading other online reviews, I assured myself that it was only a telemarketing position with unattainable goals.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Virginia College

Admissions Associate Interview

Interview

It was fairly easy. An initial phone interview with a 3rd party company with basic questions, then on campus interview that was standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Admissions Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia College in April 2012.

Interview

There was a group interview to narrow down the large quanitity of applicants. We were interviewed all together in a hotel conference room by a hiring team not directly related to the campus or position we were applying for. They asked basic interview questions and asked how we would handle various scenarios. A few days later I was notified that I was selected for a phone interview which was handled by an outside contractor and consisted of the basic personality questions and several open-ended questions to elicit a response to various scenarios. Finally, I was notified that I was selected for a one-on-one interview with the actual director of the department I was applying for and with one of the hiring individuals from the group interview. The director of the department was very nice and easy to interact with, and it was a good opportunity to try to make myself stand out from the long list of other applicants. Overall, it was very organized and fast, with only a couple days passing between each of these interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College (Tampa, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

online application & test, 3 separate 1-on-1 interviews, 2 weeks training, 90 day probationary period

Interview Questions

Negotiation

same offer made to all permanent employees; 90 day temporary employees get raise & permanent status if hired

Admissions Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College in May 2012.

Interview

Personality test online, Phone interview, then face to face with two supervisors, the the admissions manager, then an hour long phone interview.

Interview Questions

• War does it take for a group project to be successful?   1 Answer

Admissions Associate Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia College in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted within three days and did a phone interview. Once the phone interview was done, I did a skills/personality test online. I was then contacted to come in to do a live interview. I met with four different managers and shadowed with two other people to see the daily job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Based on your experience and education level.