Virginia College

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

North Charleston, SC

I applied online and interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview Details – The interview process was lengthy and given by "professionals" across the country. The first phone interview was a random call, unscheduled. Then I was emailed a written assessment test. After the written assessment test, there were two more SCRIPTED phone interviews, another being an oral assessment test very similar to the written.

After "passing" those, I was scheduled an in-person interview with the Director of Admissions and the President of the North Charleston location. I had to reschedule my interview for an unexpected issue and after numerous calls and emails to the Director were not returned, I realized that this for-profit college was not a place that I desired to work. I felt the Director was very unprofessional with no follow up call or email. Reading other online reviews, I assured myself that it was only a telemarketing position with unattainable goals.

Interview Question – What would make you unsuccessful?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Virginia College

Interview Details – It was fairly easy. An initial phone interview with a 3rd party company with basic questions, then on campus interview that was standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – They were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Virginia College in October 2009.

Interview Details – online application & test, 3 separate 1-on-1 interviews, 2 weeks training, 90 day probationary period

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – same offer made to all permanent employees; 90 day temporary employees get raise & permanent status if hired

Admissions Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virginia College in May 2012.

Interview Details – Personality test online, Phone interview, then face to face with two supervisors, the the admissions manager, then an hour long phone interview.

Interview Question – War does it take for a group project to be successful?   View Answer

Admissions Associate

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Virginia College in July 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within three days and did a phone interview. Once the phone interview was done, I did a skills/personality test online. I was then contacted to come in to do a live interview. I met with four different managers and shadowed with two other people to see the daily job responsibilities.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Based on your experience and education level.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Virginia College

Worked for Virginia College? Contribute to the Community!