Virginia College

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Adjunct Networking Instructor Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview Details – I applied online and got a call the next day to come in and do a "practice teach" later on that week. I did my presentation on my certifications in front of the lead instructor, program director, and another person from a different department. Next, I did an insight phone interview where they asked situational questions and guaged my willingness to help students that are falling behind and generally working with difficult students while still teaching other students who are on track. The next time I came in, I was expecting to watch the instructor teach to get a feel for the environment and expectations however, the syllabus had my name on it and that class was my class. The lead instructor did teach my first two classes and help me get the resources I needed to get started. I think it went so fast because I am a previous employee from a different department.

Interview Question – How would you handle teaching students from varing skillsets such as where some students work in the field and others do not know how to turn on a computer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation because I never got a "sit-down," or a formal offer letter. I was put in the classroom immediately.

Adjunct Instructor Interview

Augusta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Virginia College in October 2013.

Interview Details – It took 3 interviews in person and one phone interview. They interviewed twice and afterwards there was at least 8 weeks before they called back; this time for another interview. Afterwards they scheduled a phone assessment/interview. The entire process took over 3 months, I had been looking elsewhere at the same time. I took both jobs and dropped with this one after working for a short time due to bad overall working conditions and lack of consideration for the student experience on the part of the school. I should have known from the unnecessarily lengthy interview process that is was not cut out to be very positive.

Interview Question – How would you keep students from dropping out   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Admissions Representative Interview

Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virginia College in February 2014.

Interview Details – went through face-to-face interview with admissions director then phone interview with their HR consultant and never heard from them again-- very unprofessional considering I'd already come in personally

Interview Question – would I be able to make the transition from outside sales   Answer Question

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Enrollment Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virginia College in August 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR. Panel interview, if you pass all of that they will invite you to a testing

Interview Question – testing can be difficult its not like your regular personality test   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No, start at 35000 will increase to 42,000 after 6 months

Very Easy Interview

Lead Instructor Interview

Lead Instructor
Huntsville, AL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Virginia College in January 2009.

Interview Details – I was hired with one interview

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Student Advisor Interview

Student Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview Details – Good

Interview Question – How long do you see yourself with the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Very Easy Interview

Admissions Associate Interview

Admissions Associate
North Charleston, SC

I applied online and interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview Details – The interview process was lengthy and given by "professionals" across the country. The first phone interview was a random call, unscheduled. Then I was emailed a written assessment test. After the written assessment test, there were two more SCRIPTED phone interviews, another being an oral assessment test very similar to the written.

After "passing" those, I was scheduled an in-person interview with the Director of Admissions and the President of the North Charleston location. I had to reschedule my interview for an unexpected issue and after numerous calls and emails to the Director were not returned, I realized that this for-profit college was not a place that I desired to work. I felt the Director was very unprofessional with no follow up call or email. Reading other online reviews, I assured myself that it was only a telemarketing position with unattainable goals.

Interview Question – What would make you unsuccessful?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Instructor

Interviewed at Virginia College

Interview Details – 3 step. 1st call came at 9:20pm to set up an interview call and that surprised me

Interview Question – Written test on personality   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary

Instructor Interview

Instructor
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Virginia College in June 2012.

Interview Details – Two Interviews, One Demonstration with Program Director and 2 other instructors. Pretty basic, you have to demonstrate your competency to deliver a quality instruction to the students.

Interview Question – How would you handle a fight in the classroom?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They determine their salary by using this website, believe it or not.

Admissions Associate Interview

Admissions Associate

Interviewed at Virginia College

Interview Details – It was fairly easy. An initial phone interview with a 3rd party company with basic questions, then on campus interview that was standard. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – They were fairly standard.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Virginia College

Worked for Virginia College? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Virginia College interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Virginia College employees and interview candidates.