Virginia College Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.6

Learning Center Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Virginia College.

Interview

After my phone interview, I interviewed with the previous Learning Center Manager and then met with the Academic Dean. The entire hiring process took about a month. I called once a week to check on my status until I was told I got the job.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Virginia College (Birmingham, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional, interviewer did not show up for the first interview; second interview was okay, but nothing but a waste of time; called for a third interview which I declined; Academic dean wanted to met me at a deli as if it was a date, stating that she "want to get to know" me. Very strange. I should have gone and had a friend in the deli taping the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• They asked a series of questions pertaining to the job but wanted me to answer incorrectly.   1 Answer
    • Mostly instructional questions but begin to test my knowledge on software that they were not using.   1 Answer

Work Student Interview

Interview

Very intense interview with specific questions on timeliness. Performed in a professional manner. Friendly and professional greeting followed by a series of questions. Once the onboarding process began and the paperwork was complete I was made to feel right at home.

Financial Planning Officer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview

1) Apply online
    2) Phone interview with 3rd party
    3) Interview on site with department management
    4) Background Check
    5) Offer Letter through e-mail

(For me specifically, Step 2 was scheduled but never happened, so I stopped by the office to introduce myself and inform the hiring manager that I never received a call. I had an impromptu interview with her as well as a tour of the facility, then later has the phone interview with the 3rd party. After passing the phone interview an on-site interview was scheduled where I spoke with the hiring manager and her supervisor.)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on the salary - every financial planning officer starts at the same rate.

Academics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Virginia College (Birmingham, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online. They called me about a week or so later. They scheduled me for an interview. I went in to interview. I did well in the interview. I followed up with the interviewer who stated HR should have submitted my offer letter by now. I waited and received an offer letter about two weeks later.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virginia College.

Interview

The interview process took about a week. The supervisors seem to look for personality than other things. The process is not hard they are looking for people they can communicate with on a daily basis. Further, they want someonet that will present a positive role-model for the students. If you fit this category apply for a position with Virginia College!

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do within the next year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. Just be honest.

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Virginia College (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

First there is a phone interview (personality questions) full of what if scenarios from corporate.
    If you pass that, then you get an in person interview with the Director of Enrollment and a brief introduction to the campus and the President (who is great at the Austin campus I might add).

Interview Questions

• How you would relate to a student who has been in foster care all of their life and they really have just decided that now is a good time to start school?   1 Answer

Adjunct Networking Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Virginia College.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the next day to come in and do a "practice teach" later on that week. I did my presentation on my certifications in front of the lead instructor, program director, and another person from a different department. Next, I did an insight phone interview where they asked situational questions and guaged my willingness to help students that are falling behind and generally working with difficult students while still teaching other students who are on track. The next time I came in, I was expecting to watch the instructor teach to get a feel for the environment and expectations however, the syllabus had my name on it and that class was my class. The lead instructor did teach my first two classes and help me get the resources I needed to get started. I think it went so fast because I am a previous employee from a different department.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle teaching students from varing skillsets such as where some students work in the field and others do not know how to turn on a computer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation because I never got a "sit-down," or a formal offer letter. I was put in the classroom immediately.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virginia College (Knoxville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

It was the basic interview process plus recommendations from faculty and Program Director. It was an informal interview. More of a behavioral and also examination of my academic success and work ethic associated with academic success.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your skills applying to the Position   1 Answer

Negotiation

With this position there was no negotiation required.

Adjunct Business Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Virginia College (Spartanburg, SC) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was normal until after when I gave a finance presentation (my specialty) one of the two people who were present, was invited to attend as a staff member (the college site compliance person, among other responsibilities he has as I came to understand later), walked out whispering and chuckling..couldn't tell why he couldn't act professionally for few minutes). Later on during the semester he harassed me over an overseas transcripts from 30 years ago which were permanently out of reach of course.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I could teach an additional course.   1 Answer