Virginia College Interview Questions

Updated Aug 24, 2015

2.6

Admission Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had to complete three interviews. One was a one on one with one of the Manager's the next was a group interview and the final interview was with the president.

Campus Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia College (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

First I got an email requesting a phone interview. The person who interviewed me was the one who held the position previously. She was very pleasant and first asked me to describe myself and my experience. Then she explained a lot of the responsibilities that the position requires. At the end of the conversation we set up a face to face interview with the campus President. This interview started out about the same, asking me to describe myself and my experience. Again the position was explained to me and I was asked if it was something I was up to. There were none of the typical "what would you do in this situation" interview questions. I simply filled in while the position was explained on the experience and qualities I had that aligned with the job. Afterwards I sat down with the Dean of the college and basically went over my experience again. Everyone was extremely pleasant and had positive attitudes. I never felt nervous or uncomfortable talking to anyone. The entire process was great and made me feel very positive about a potential future with the company and the people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• The main question asked by everyone was, "Tell me about yourself and your experience."   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview

After my phone interview, I interviewed with the previous Learning Center Manager and then met with the Academic Dean. The entire hiring process took about a month. I called once a week to check on my status until I was told I got the job.

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia College (Birmingham, AL) in November 2014.

Interview

Unprofessional, interviewer did not show up for the first interview; second interview was okay, but nothing but a waste of time; called for a third interview which I declined; Academic dean wanted to met me at a deli as if it was a date, stating that she "want to get to know" me. Very strange. I should have gone and had a friend in the deli taping the whole thing.

Interview Questions

• They asked a series of questions pertaining to the job but wanted me to answer incorrectly.   1 Answer
    • Mostly instructional questions but begin to test my knowledge on software that they were not using.   1 Answer

Work Student Interview

Interview

Very intense interview with specific questions on timeliness. Performed in a professional manner. Friendly and professional greeting followed by a series of questions. Once the onboarding process began and the paperwork was complete I was made to feel right at home.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview

1) Apply online 2) Phone interview with 3rd party 3) Interview on site with department management 4) Background Check 5) Offer Letter through e-mail (For me specifically, Step 2 was scheduled but never happened, so I stopped by the office to introduce myself and inform the hiring manager that I never received a call. I had an impromptu interview with her as well as a tour of the facility, then later has the phone interview with the 3rd party. After passing the phone interview an on-site interview was scheduled where I spoke with the hiring manager and her supervisor.)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/client.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on the salary - every financial planning officer starts at the same rate.

Academics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia College (Birmingham, AL) in September 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online. They called me about a week or so later. They scheduled me for an interview. I went in to interview. I did well in the interview. I followed up with the interviewer who stated HR should have submitted my offer letter by now. I waited and received an offer letter about two weeks later.

Receptionist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia College.

Interview

The interview process took about a week. The supervisors seem to look for personality than other things. The process is not hard they are looking for people they can communicate with on a daily basis. Further, they want someonet that will present a positive role-model for the students. If you fit this category apply for a position with Virginia College!

Interview Questions

• What do you plan to do within the next year?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy. Just be honest.

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia College (Jacksonville, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview by the Enrollment Coordinator and had an interview with the Director of Enrollment. There was also a phone screening after the face to face interview. After a few days, I had to meet with the Campus President for another face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would do with driving your own business?   Answer Question

Enrollment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia College (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

First there is a phone interview (personality questions) full of what if scenarios from corporate. If you pass that, then you get an in person interview with the Director of Enrollment and a brief introduction to the campus and the President (who is great at the Austin campus I might add).

Interview Questions

• How you would relate to a student who has been in foster care all of their life and they really have just decided that now is a good time to start school?   1 Answer