Virginia College Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.6

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Virginia College in November 2014.

Unprofessional, interviewer did not show up for the first interview; second interview was okay, but nothing but a waste of time; called for a third interview which I declined; Academic dean wanted to met me at a deli as if it was a date, stating that she "want to get to know" me. Very strange. I should have gone and had a friend in the deli taping the whole thing.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a series of questions pertaining to the job but wanted me to answer incorrectly.   View Answer
    • Mostly instructional questions but begin to test my knowledge on software that they were not using.   View Answer

Work Student Interview

Very intense interview with specific questions on timeliness. Performed in a professional manner. Friendly and professional greeting followed by a series of questions. Once the onboarding process began and the paperwork was complete I was made to feel right at home.

Financial Planning Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Virginia College.

1) Apply online
    2) Phone interview with 3rd party
    3) Interview on site with department management
    4) Background Check
    5) Offer Letter through e-mail

(For me specifically, Step 2 was scheduled but never happened, so I stopped by the office to introduce myself and inform the hiring manager that I never received a call. I had an impromptu interview with her as well as a tour of the facility, then later has the phone interview with the 3rd party. After passing the phone interview an on-site interview was scheduled where I spoke with the hiring manager and her supervisor.)

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/client.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on the salary - every financial planning officer starts at the same rate.

Receptionist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virginia College.

The interview process took about a week. The supervisors seem to look for personality than other things. The process is not hard they are looking for people they can communicate with on a daily basis. Further, they want someonet that will present a positive role-model for the students. If you fit this category apply for a position with Virginia College!

Interview Questions
    • What do you plan to do within the next year?   View Answer
    Easy. Just be honest.

Adjunct Networking Instructor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Virginia College.

I applied online and got a call the next day to come in and do a "practice teach" later on that week. I did my presentation on my certifications in front of the lead instructor, program director, and another person from a different department. Next, I did an insight phone interview where they asked situational questions and guaged my willingness to help students that are falling behind and generally working with difficult students while still teaching other students who are on track. The next time I came in, I was expecting to watch the instructor teach to get a feel for the environment and expectations however, the syllabus had my name on it and that class was my class. The lead instructor did teach my first two classes and help me get the resources I needed to get started. I think it went so fast because I am a previous employee from a different department.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle teaching students from varing skillsets such as where some students work in the field and others do not know how to turn on a computer?   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation because I never got a "sit-down," or a formal offer letter. I was put in the classroom immediately.

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virginia College in April 2014.

It was the basic interview process plus recommendations from faculty and Program Director. It was an informal interview. More of a behavioral and also examination of my academic success and work ethic associated with academic success.

Interview Questions
    • How do you see your skills applying to the Position   View Answer
    With this position there was no negotiation required.

Adjunct Business Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Virginia College in March 2014.

The interview was normal until after when I gave a finance presentation (my specialty) one of the two people who were present, was invited to attend as a staff member (the college site compliance person, among other responsibilities he has as I came to understand later), walked out whispering and chuckling..couldn't tell why he couldn't act professionally for few minutes). Later on during the semester he harassed me over an overseas transcripts from 30 years ago which were permanently out of reach of course.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I could teach an additional course.   View Answer

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virginia College in March 2014.

Process was fairly quick and deliberate. Ended up placing an application in January and I was hired on in April. Went through several phone interviews, a multiple question assessment and and live instructional opportunity.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. I prepared a lesson for the benefit of the current Dean so they could assess my potential to teach at Virginia College. This is my first time teaching.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation. I was presented their firm offer based upon my experience.

Adjuct Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia College in March 2014.

Several interview, one including a class audit where the class rated me. Verified all past academic degrees and was very thorough in the entire process. They were sensitive about conflicts with my current employer.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't one. The best was the class audit where the students asked me questions.   Answer Question
    It's all run through a computer based on degree, background and experience in the classroom. It was fair.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virginia College in February 2014.

went through face-to-face interview with admissions director then phone interview with their HR consultant and never heard from them again-- very unprofessional considering I'd already come in personally

Interview Questions
    • would I be able to make the transition from outside sales   Answer Question