Virginia Commonwealth University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.7

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview 15 mins asked a series of questions on Vcu required answer . Later that day I received a phone call to call my boss and also received a reference check email completed that as soon as possible. I wonder does anyone know the next step

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about health insurances?   1 Answer

Administrative Faculty Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University.

Interview

I had dinner with search committee the night before. Because I had previously worked at the university I did not take a tour of the university. I had a full day interview which included a one hour presentation on my area of work. The interview process was very smooth, and I had time for breaks. They also provided lunch for me and the current employees.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

It took awhile to hear back from HR after you send your application but the first thing they do is contact you and ask when would be the best time for an interview. I had a panel interview where there were multiple people from the facility who interviewed me. Only one person asked the questions, who was the director, and everyone else also wrote down notes on their thoughts for your responses. About 2-3 weeks after the interview, I was able to start.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University.

Interview

I applied in the first week of December, contacted the HR manager and followed up on the application. I called to find out when the position was getting filled and if I could schedule an interview. The HR manager asked me what position I applied for, I responded and hadn't heard back. I resent the email detailing the position I applied for and never heard back. It's been almost two months since I applied and I hadn't been contact so I emailed her. Very rude and inconsiderate to not notify anyone. Today I checked the position and it has been filled... for two weeks, despite me checking last week. They forgot to update the log and wasted two weeks of my time. The worst part is, I went to college here- beautiful how they treat their alumni like a paycheck and don't both to help. I will never pay alumni fees to them again nor will I recommend the school to ANY potential employee or student. VERY INCONSIDERATE HR TEAM.

Interview Questions

• What position did you apply for?   1 Answer

Employment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Efficient. Asked about past experience and knowledge relevant to working with people with disabilities. Felt like a conversation more than anything. Fairly informal in terms of setup. They needed staffing ASAP so I don't know if this is the norm for them.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions that related to different theories used in rehabilitation counseling; asked about past experience and some difficulty you have experienced; asked about future goals   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

Board interview of at least four people.Generic panel questions where they have to write answers to your questions and submit to hr. IF you don't get hired, won't tell you what you are lacking.

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University.

Interview

When considering the position at the facility it is always professional. They didn't ask any trick questions and was very interested in the work i have done both past and future

Negotiation

Memorable

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University in August 2014.

Interview

Very smooth interview process that started with a request for interview after I submitted my application and resume online. The interview was the traditional panel type interview with basic questions ranging from "Why I want to work there" to "What to you know about online security". Nothing too difficult. Very friendly interviewers that made atmosphere fun and encouraging.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with VCU?   1 Answer

Offer did not meet industry standards

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University (Richmond, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was asked to be a TA by a different professor and assigned to a new instructor. We went over course materials and expectations as to what I would do. The actual workload was more than advertised as weekly assignments were project based.

Fiscal Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Commonwealth University.

Interview

Very bureaucratic. They have to interview at least three people even if they know who they want to hire. All employees must be asked the exact same questions.

Interview Questions

• There were only questions pertinent to the job itself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.