Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Virginia Department of TransportationMore
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation (Suffolk, VA) in November 2014.
Panel interview lasting approximately 45 minutes. Four panelists asked a series of questions on a wide variety of topics that were, for the most part, very general. Each question was an open-ended question and had at least two parts to it. Now that I've been through the process, I can see how one could prepare general responses in advance. It was clear the panelists were looking for specific, key phrases in each response.
- One question asked for specific, technical information having to do with VDOT's information systems. 1 Answer
I applied in-person – interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation.
Long and drawn out
- N/A Answer Question
Made offer to either accept or decline, which means non hire
I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation.
Hiring Process is pretty straight forward. The focus is more on your previous experience. There is little technical interview for the positions. The interview panel is generally comprised of 3 to 4 people. The agency is heavily in Oracle so expect questions in relation to experience in Oracle based applications.
- Please explain your experience in implementing Construction based applications. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
The process took a day – interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation in October 2010.
Group and panel interview about 40 minutes.
Maybe 10 or 11 questions
Professional knowledge and experiences
Team work management.
- Question about previous experience which I did not have... Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review