Virginia Department of Transportation

Updated Aug 14, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Virginia Department of Transportation

Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation (Suffolk, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

Panel interview lasting approximately 45 minutes. Four panelists asked a series of questions on a wide variety of topics that were, for the most part, very general. Each question was an open-ended question and had at least two parts to it. Now that I've been through the process, I can see how one could prepare general responses in advance. It was clear the panelists were looking for specific, key phrases in each response.

Interview Questions

• One question asked for specific, technical information having to do with VDOT's information systems.   1 Answer

AOS III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zion Crossroads, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation (Zion Crossroads, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

Very casual. Looked over my resume. Discussed what I would be doing if I was hired, showed me around the office and met everyone else that worked in that office building as well.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask me any questions. It was an informal interview that I was hired on the spot.   Answer Question

Trades Tech III Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation.

Interview

Long and drawn out

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Made offer to either accept or decline, which means non hire

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation.

Interview

Hiring Process is pretty straight forward. The focus is more on your previous experience. There is little technical interview for the positions. The interview panel is generally comprised of 3 to 4 people. The agency is heavily in Oracle so expect questions in relation to experience in Oracle based applications.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your experience in implementing Construction based applications.   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Department of Transportation in October 2010.

Interview

Group and panel interview about 40 minutes. Maybe 10 or 11 questions Professional knowledge and experiences Team work management.

Interview Questions

• Question about previous experience which I did not have...   Answer Question