Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.8

Foundation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. . I made it to the second round of interviews. It was a panel with 5 people. I do believe that the panels were too long for this type of position.

Interview Questions

• What makes me a great manager??   1 Answer

Cerner MPage Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in March 2014.

Interview

Recruiter called me based on my experience at lunch. When I had another lunch to spare I talked to the hiring manager and he described a workplace environment that was part documenting the current software and part new development. All emails ceased after this initial discussion, and the hiring manager contacted me to let me know there was beuracratic overhead to opening the position and encouraged me again once the new requisition was out there.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experiences writing CCL and MPages.   1 Answer

Health Information Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, email communications followed, and then telephone interview three weeks after applying. The telephone interviewer's first question was about salary. Other questions were standard for an interview. I was told I was being recommended to the managers and they would contact me within one week to set up a second in-person interview. I was never contacted regarding a second interview. Three weeks later I was notified by email that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   1 Answer
    • First question of the interview was about my requested salary.   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. 1 phone interview then an in person one the following week. On the phone, I was asked simple background info of how I qualify for the position. We then moved onto a competency test on the phone just to see how will I could understand and follow directions. Pretty simple, but could definitely stump you if you are not a native English speaker. I advise you get out a laptop and take notes from the 5 sentences she will ask--then have her read one more time because she will ask specifics like "what gender is the patient I was talking about?" or "what kind of lab did I ask you to order?"

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Virginia Mason   1 Answer
    • What have you done in a situation where you did something wrong? How did you handle it? Did you admit fault, how?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview

Phone interview followed by on site interview one week later. Relatively easy and low pressure. They actually spend more time telling me about the organization than asking me about myself.

Medical Assistant- Lab Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynnwood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Lynnwood, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

The first interview is a phone interview. The lady was nice and just asked relatively simple questions at first about skill level, experience, etc. However, I would suggest thinking about your last or current jobs. Recall situations where you were in a confrontation of sorts and how you handled it or had to use your communication skills, etc. Knowing how to explain ways in which you handle stressful situations is good too! Also, I had to give examples of times I went above and beyond at work. They are hard questions if your a modest person. I didn't get the job because a few of these questions caught me off-guard but I do feel better prepared for next time!

Interview Questions

• Give examples of times I went above and beyond at work...   Answer Question

Cerner Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter through linkedin. I was intrigued and liked what I researched about the organization. A week later was scheduled for Phone interview. I was rather disappointed with the questioning and you can pretty much pick up that they had someone else in mind.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in September 2008.

Interview

Panel Interview, Customer Service questions, Great Company to work for lots of room for advancement.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

focus on keeping the paitent # 1

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of standard questions. No personality from the recruiter and the phone interview was quite awkward.

Interview Questions

• So you don't have a degree?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in January 2011.

Interview

Great initial information and handling of data/schedule from the recruiter. Interview process relies heavily on group consensus and decision making.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation involving a difficult employee and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation involving a union organizing effort and how you handled it.   Answer Question