Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.8

Foundation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2013.

The first interview was a phone interview. . I made it to the second round of interviews. It was a panel with 5 people. I do believe that the panels were too long for this type of position.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2012.

The interview consisted of standard questions. No personality from the recruiter and the phone interview was quite awkward.

Oracle Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in May 2012.

- Contacted by recruiter about the opportunity
    - Initial conversation with recruiter about HR related questions
    - Group phone interview with Manager & Business Analyst
    - Never heard back

Patient Representative Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in September 2008.

Panel Interview, Customer Service questions, Great Company to work for lots of room for advancement.

focus on keeping the paitent # 1

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in January 2011.

Great initial information and handling of data/schedule from the recruiter. Interview process relies heavily on group consensus and decision making.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation involving a difficult employee and how it was resolved.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation involving a union organizing effort and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

I was contacted via email based on a job I applied for on-line. The interview process was fairly easy in that I quickly progressed from an initial interview to a panel interview and a decision was made shortly afterwards. The length of time came when it went to HR, and that took another six weeks to get everything squared away before I could begin work. Too long.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were largely behavioral and scenario based. Nothing really difficult or tricky, a straight forward group of people.   Answer Question

Cerner MPage Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in March 2014.

Recruiter called me based on my experience at lunch. When I had another lunch to spare I talked to the hiring manager and he described a workplace environment that was part documenting the current software and part new development. All emails ceased after this initial discussion, and the hiring manager contacted me to let me know there was beuracratic overhead to opening the position and encouraged me again once the new requisition was out there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experiences writing CCL and MPages.   View Answer

Health Information Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in May 2014.

Applied online, email communications followed, and then telephone interview three weeks after applying. The telephone interviewer's first question was about salary. Other questions were standard for an interview. I was told I was being recommended to the managers and they would contact me within one week to set up a second in-person interview. I was never contacted regarding a second interview. Three weeks later I was notified by email that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   View Answer
    • First question of the interview was about my requested salary.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

The interview process was very thorough. They conducted an initial phone interview, followed by a one on one interview, then a panel interview. The most challenging part of the process was the panel interview, in which they asked a variety of questions, related more specially to the job itself

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Casual and nonthreatening, very low-key. I was interviewed by my immediate supervisor onlyi. She was a marvelous person, had wonderful appreciation for our profession and treated me with respect. We talked about many aspects of our chosen career pathway.

Interview Questions
    • None--my superior went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable and treated me with great respect and appreciation for my skills.   Answer Question
    No real negotation was needed, I was offered a fair salary and I took it. I received catch-up raises within 3 months until my pay was very fair, even generous.