Virginia Mason Medical Center

Updated Jan 9, 2015

2.7

Clinical Decision Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

I was first approached by an HR person, as it usually happens. She scheduled and interview for a few days later to "go over my resume". 5 minutes into the interview she asked me what my desired salary was. I answer this type of questions with something along the lines of "at this stage of the process I want to make sure I'm a great fit for the job bla bla bla". She insisted that there was no point in continuing the interview process if my ask was way out of range. I got a clear feeling that this wasn't going anywhere so I told her my ask. To which she answered "oh, that is way too much.". And that was the end of the interview. Not a single question about my resume.

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2010.

Met with Department Team(physicians and office manager), CEO was busy that day(really?)

Interview Questions
    • Most were straight forward. Nothing out of the norm. Why Seattle? Are you a team player? etc...   Answer Question
    Ask for signing bonus.

Dietitian Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Was called once by HR and told I would make $23/hr so I said no thanks. Then got called a couple months later asking again if I wanted to interview. I did, and they then offered me $26.70/hr (don't think they knew they had previously called). Got hired, then it took another 6 weeks or so until I could actually start.

Interview Questions
    • typical dietitian interview questions -- "tell me about a time when such-and-such happened and describe your response."   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I asked for a higher wage and they said no.

Pct Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Initial interview by phone, in person interview sat up that day for four days later. Heard back about decision to move forward with background/reference checks two days after the in person interview. Background completed within a week with lots of communication from recruiters about the status of the checks. Job offered by phone and offer letters sent out. Best part of the process was the speediness and the communication from recruiters. Entire process from application to start day was about a month. Fastest process I've ever experienced for a patient care position.

Interview Questions
    I was very pleased with the offer I received and did not want to negotiate

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Casual and nonthreatening, very low-key. I was interviewed by my immediate supervisor onlyi. She was a marvelous person, had wonderful appreciation for our profession and treated me with respect. We talked about many aspects of our chosen career pathway.

Interview Questions
    • None--my superior went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable and treated me with great respect and appreciation for my skills.   Answer Question
    No real negotation was needed, I was offered a fair salary and I took it. I received catch-up raises within 3 months until my pay was very fair, even generous.

Office Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in January 2011.

1 Hour 1:1 with HR for a Phone interview was the first step. After this interview I contacted HR every three days to follow up. I was contacted about 2 weeks later for a 1:1 with hiring manager. That interview was very positive. HM was friendly and open to hear my opinions about the job role.

Social Work Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in December 2009.

I already worked there and I interveiwed with the head of the department.I was on an RPIW that created this
    job. I like the sound of it.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have an idea what this job will intail.   Answer Question
    • This being a newly created job there will be a lot of ajustments and quick changes.Do you think u will be able to handle that and how?   Answer Question
    Easy as I knew the interviewer. Wait a day before saying nay or yea.

Clinic Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in October 2011.

Interview was great, received offer via email (which seemed odd) that was contingent upon background check. Filled out the paper work, and faxed back Friday.I recieved a call from a third party company doing the background check, regarding a phone number that was wrong (it actually wasn't wrong they were looking at the wrong line on the form). Later that day received a call from HR asking if I was still interested because they had not recvd my packet back, after telling her about the other call she said she would look for it some more. Two days later recvd another email saying they went with another canidate. I emailed back to ask if it was something in my background, and she said no the manager just decided to go with someone else. Very frustrating in the end, and a very impersonal process with all the emails.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2012.

The interview consisted of standard questions. No personality from the recruiter and the phone interview was quite awkward.

Oracle Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in May 2012.

- Contacted by recruiter about the opportunity
    - Initial conversation with recruiter about HR related questions