Virginia Mason Medical Center

Updated Oct 11, 2014
Updated Oct 11, 2014

2.8

Office Support Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in January 2011.

1 Hour 1:1 with HR for a Phone interview was the first step. After this interview I contacted HR every three days to follow up. I was contacted about 2 weeks later for a 1:1 with hiring manager. That interview was very positive. HM was friendly and open to hear my opinions about the job role.

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Casual and nonthreatening, very low-key. I was interviewed by my immediate supervisor onlyi. She was a marvelous person, had wonderful appreciation for our profession and treated me with respect. We talked about many aspects of our chosen career pathway.

Interview Questions
    • None--my superior went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable and treated me with great respect and appreciation for my skills.   Answer Question
    No real negotation was needed, I was offered a fair salary and I took it. I received catch-up raises within 3 months until my pay was very fair, even generous.

Anonymous Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

The interview process was very thorough. They conducted an initial phone interview, followed by a one on one interview, then a panel interview. The most challenging part of the process was the panel interview, in which they asked a variety of questions, related more specially to the job itself

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Dietitian Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Was called once by HR and told I would make $23/hr so I said no thanks. Then got called a couple months later asking again if I wanted to interview. I did, and they then offered me $26.70/hr (don't think they knew they had previously called). Got hired, then it took another 6 weeks or so until I could actually start.

Interview Questions
    • typical dietitian interview questions -- "tell me about a time when such-and-such happened and describe your response."   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I asked for a higher wage and they said no.

Health Information Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in May 2014.

Applied online, email communications followed, and then telephone interview three weeks after applying. The telephone interviewer's first question was about salary. Other questions were standard for an interview. I was told I was being recommended to the managers and they would contact me within one week to set up a second in-person interview. I was never contacted regarding a second interview. Three weeks later I was notified by email that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   View Answer
    • First question of the interview was about my requested salary.   View Answer

Cerner MPage Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in March 2014.

Recruiter called me based on my experience at lunch. When I had another lunch to spare I talked to the hiring manager and he described a workplace environment that was part documenting the current software and part new development. All emails ceased after this initial discussion, and the hiring manager contacted me to let me know there was beuracratic overhead to opening the position and encouraged me again once the new requisition was out there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experiences writing CCL and MPages.   View Answer

Physician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2010.

Met with Department Team(physicians and office manager), CEO was busy that day(really?)

Interview Questions
    • Most were straight forward. Nothing out of the norm. Why Seattle? Are you a team player? etc...   Answer Question
    Ask for signing bonus.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

I was contacted via email based on a job I applied for on-line. The interview process was fairly easy in that I quickly progressed from an initial interview to a panel interview and a decision was made shortly afterwards. The length of time came when it went to HR, and that took another six weeks to get everything squared away before I could begin work. Too long.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were largely behavioral and scenario based. Nothing really difficult or tricky, a straight forward group of people.   Answer Question

Clinical Decision Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

I was first approached by an HR person, as it usually happens. She scheduled and interview for a few days later to "go over my resume". 5 minutes into the interview she asked me what my desired salary was. I answer this type of questions with something along the lines of "at this stage of the process I want to make sure I'm a great fit for the job bla bla bla". She insisted that there was no point in continuing the interview process if my ask was way out of range. I got a clear feeling that this wasn't going anywhere so I told her my ask. To which she answered "oh, that is way too much.". And that was the end of the interview. Not a single question about my resume.

Foundation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2013.

The first interview was a phone interview. . I made it to the second round of interviews. It was a panel with 5 people. I do believe that the panels were too long for this type of position.