Virginia Mason Medical Center

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview Details – The interview process was very thorough. They conducted an initial phone interview, followed by a one on one interview, then a panel interview. The most challenging part of the process was the panel interview, in which they asked a variety of questions, related more specially to the job itself

Interview Question – The most difficult question was what are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Dietitian Interview

Dietitian

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview Details – Was called once by HR and told I would make $23/hr so I said no thanks. Then got called a couple months later asking again if I wanted to interview. I did, and they then offered me $26.70/hr (don't think they knew they had previously called). Got hired, then it took another 6 weeks or so until I could actually start.

Interview Question – typical dietitian interview questions -- "tell me about a time when such-and-such happened and describe your response."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I asked for a higher wage and they said no.

Health Information Representative Interview

Health Information Representative
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, email communications followed, and then telephone interview three weeks after applying. The telephone interviewer's first question was about salary. Other questions were standard for an interview. I was told I was being recommended to the managers and they would contact me within one week to set up a second in-person interview. I was never contacted regarding a second interview. Three weeks later I was notified by email that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   View Answer
  • First question of the interview was about my requested salary.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cerner MPage Software Engineer Interview

Cerner MPage Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruiter called me based on my experience at lunch. When I had another lunch to spare I talked to the hiring manager and he described a workplace environment that was part documenting the current software and part new development. All emails ceased after this initial discussion, and the hiring manager contacted me to let me know there was beuracratic overhead to opening the position and encouraged me again once the new requisition was out there.

Interview Question – Describe your experiences writing CCL and MPages.   View Answer

Physician Interview

Physician
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2010.

Interview Details – Met with Department Team(physicians and office manager), CEO was busy that day(really?)

Interview Question – Most were straight forward. Nothing out of the norm. Why Seattle? Are you a team player? etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask for signing bonus.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview Details – I was contacted via email based on a job I applied for on-line. The interview process was fairly easy in that I quickly progressed from an initial interview to a panel interview and a decision was made shortly afterwards. The length of time came when it went to HR, and that took another six weeks to get everything squared away before I could begin work. Too long.

Interview Question – The questions were largely behavioral and scenario based. Nothing really difficult or tricky, a straight forward group of people.   Answer Question

Clinical Decision Support Analyst Interview

Clinical Decision Support Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center.

Interview Details – I was first approached by an HR person, as it usually happens. She scheduled and interview for a few days later to "go over my resume". 5 minutes into the interview she asked me what my desired salary was. I answer this type of questions with something along the lines of "at this stage of the process I want to make sure I'm a great fit for the job bla bla bla". She insisted that there was no point in continuing the interview process if my ask was way out of range. I got a clear feeling that this wasn't going anywhere so I told her my ask. To which she answered "oh, that is way too much.". And that was the end of the interview. Not a single question about my resume.

Interview Question – How much are you expecting to make?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Foundation Specialist Interview

Foundation Specialist
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was a phone interview. . I made it to the second round of interviews. It was a panel with 5 people. I do believe that the panels were too long for this type of position.

Interview Question – What makes me a great manager??   View Answer

Oracle Implementation Analyst Interview

Oracle Implementation Analyst
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in May 2012.

Interview Details – - Contacted by recruiter about the opportunity
- Initial conversation with recruiter about HR related questions
- Group phone interview with Manager & Business Analyst
- Never heard back

Interview Question – Oracle related questions   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of standard questions. No personality from the recruiter and the phone interview was quite awkward.

Interview Question – So you don't have a degree?   View Answer

Worked for Virginia Mason Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!