Virginia Mason Medical Center Interview Questions in Seattle, WA

Updated Jun 4, 2015

2.9

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview process. 1 phone interview then an in person one the following week. On the phone, I was asked simple background info of how I qualify for the position. We then moved onto a competency test on the phone just to see how will I could understand and follow directions. Pretty simple, but could definitely stump you if you are not a native English speaker. I advise you get out a laptop and take notes from the 5 sentences she will ask--then have her read one more time because she will ask specifics like "what gender is the patient I was talking about?" or "what kind of lab did I ask you to order?"

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Virginia Mason   1 Answer
    • What have you done in a situation where you did something wrong? How did you handle it? Did you admit fault, how?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a coworker? How did you handle it?   1 Answer

Cerner Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter through linkedin. I was intrigued and liked what I researched about the organization. A week later was scheduled for Phone interview. I was rather disappointed with the questioning and you can pretty much pick up that they had someone else in mind.

Medical Transcriptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Casual and nonthreatening, very low-key. I was interviewed by my immediate supervisor onlyi. She was a marvelous person, had wonderful appreciation for our profession and treated me with respect. We talked about many aspects of our chosen career pathway.

Interview Questions

• None--my superior went to great lengths to make me feel comfortable and treated me with great respect and appreciation for my skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotation was needed, I was offered a fair salary and I took it. I received catch-up raises within 3 months until my pay was very fair, even generous.

Health Information Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online, email communications followed, and then telephone interview three weeks after applying. The telephone interviewer's first question was about salary. Other questions were standard for an interview. I was told I was being recommended to the managers and they would contact me within one week to set up a second in-person interview. I was never contacted regarding a second interview. Three weeks later I was notified by email that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your coworkers acted unethically and how you handled that situation.   1 Answer
    • First question of the interview was about my requested salary.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was contacted via email based on a job I applied for on-line. The interview process was fairly easy in that I quickly progressed from an initial interview to a panel interview and a decision was made shortly afterwards. The length of time came when it went to HR, and that took another six weeks to get everything squared away before I could begin work. Too long.

Interview Questions

• The questions were largely behavioral and scenario based. Nothing really difficult or tricky, a straight forward group of people.   Answer Question

Clinical Decision Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I was first approached by an HR person, as it usually happens. She scheduled and interview for a few days later to "go over my resume". 5 minutes into the interview she asked me what my desired salary was. I answer this type of questions with something along the lines of "at this stage of the process I want to make sure I'm a great fit for the job bla bla bla". She insisted that there was no point in continuing the interview process if my ask was way out of range. I got a clear feeling that this wasn't going anywhere so I told her my ask. To which she answered "oh, that is way too much.". And that was the end of the interview. Not a single question about my resume.

Foundation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2013.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview. . I made it to the second round of interviews. It was a panel with 5 people. I do believe that the panels were too long for this type of position.

Interview Questions

• What makes me a great manager??   1 Answer

Oracle Implementation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in May 2012.

Interview

- Contacted by recruiter about the opportunity - Initial conversation with recruiter about HR related questions - Group phone interview with Manager & Business Analyst - Never heard back

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of standard questions. No personality from the recruiter and the phone interview was quite awkward.

Interview Questions

• So you don't have a degree?   1 Answer

Clinic Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia Mason Medical Center (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview was great, received offer via email (which seemed odd) that was contingent upon background check. Filled out the paper work, and faxed back Friday.I recieved a call from a third party company doing the background check, regarding a phone number that was wrong (it actually wasn't wrong they were looking at the wrong line on the form). Later that day received a call from HR asking if I was still interested because they had not recvd my packet back, after telling her about the other call she said she would look for it some more. Two days later recvd another email saying they went with another canidate. I emailed back to ask if it was something in my background, and she said no the manager just decided to go with someone else. Very frustrating in the end, and a very impersonal process with all the emails.