Virginia State Corporation Commission

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virginia State Corporation Commission in June 2014.

I was contacted by an assistant about setting up a time. I could not hear her name or number as she didn't speak clearly. There were 4 people in the interview: HR, CISO, CIA, Auditor. The interview wasn't too bad. Like most interviews, they went around the table asking questions. The first set were from the CIA and the second half from the CISO. Here were the basic questions:
- What do you know about the SCC
- Why do you want to be in this role?
- What are your qualifications for the role? (read my resume and you'd know the answer!)
- What is the audit process? (really?)
- What do you know about Ports/Protocols
- Biggest IT risk
- Biggest security risk with group policies
- Example of miscommunication with client
- What evidence do you share with client when discuss a finding
- Example of time pressured to change finding
- Where do you get your tech info from
- What do you want to ask us
For an agency as big as it is, it was shocking to learn that their audit group has 3 people in it. They are still defining what systems should be in-scope. You'd think you'd have that one already.

One of the biggest complaints with the whole process was the lack of information provided up front. The day before the interview I had to reach out to the HR person to get more information (parking, interviewers, etc.). Also, the admin and I agreed on a time and then subsequently the HR person confirmed a different time the night before the interview. I was able to be flexible but it appeared to be a lack of communication.

Interview Questions