Virginia Transformer Corp.

Updated Jul 27, 2014
Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.1

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. in June 2011.

Simple process. HR. Technical and questions about personal things. The process is not lengthy and not small. Its medium. HR questions are personal, they try to tell great things about America and hire you from India.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pocatello, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pocatello, ID

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. in May 2012.

If you are looking for work in Pocatello, and you are going to be interviewed by Rakesh (he's from India), be forewarned that he likes to ask specific technical engineering questions. My first interview, he was an hour late before seeing me, and he kicked me out the door within five minutes of meeting me. (I have no idea what I did wrong, but he didn't like me). Eight months later, I applied again and he hired me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to define stress and strain, and I was asked what one standard atmosphere is in english units (14.7 lbs). Another engineer I know was asked to define Reynold's number.   Answer Question
    VTC moves relatively quickly through the hiring phase. You should get an answer to whether or not they liked you within a day or two of your interview.

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp..

Normal hiring and interview process

n/a

Engineering Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. in October 2011.

was rushed, the president hired me not my boss

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Roanoke, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. in December 2010.

I came to 3 interviews, in all of them I was treated really well, the first interview was very technical, they investigated what my knowledge was about transformers, the other interviews were on more administrative issues

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp..

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in.
    Starting with screening interviews, followed by in-person interviews, sometimes second interviews & then a decision.

Interview Questions
    The offer was pretty reasonable per market & my qualification

Mechanical Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. in March 2011.

2 Interviews. as Located far and due to time constrain everything happened on telephone and Email. Much easy voice interview, document verification asked. No negotiation, Low salary offer.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about the steel strength by values, not by methodology, its hard to remember values of strength of material.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Virginia Transformer Corp. in May 2010.

Sales Manager interviewed me. Then COO also interviewed me. Mostly resume based questions. Some technical questions also asked. Some behaviourial points. What are my expectations about the company. what kind of profile is this company offering. Have you ever worked in a similar profile. What was your response

Interview Questions

Worked for Virginia Transformer Corp.? Contribute to the Community!