Virtela Technology Services Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014
Updated Sep 6, 2014

3.2

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services.

I went through a three step interview process with 8 total people. The first interview was in a conference room with four separate individuals. The second interview was in another conference room with 3 separate individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your worst failure and what you learned from that failure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in April 2014.

The hiring process includes two rounds. First was a phone discussion followed by a technical interview. Hiring process was quick and I got my result in a day but the offer letter took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They ask everything about the layer 2 and layer 3 concepts. Be strong in switching concepts, BGP, NAT, VLAN, VTP, OSPF, MPLS, IPsec tunnels and subnetting. Also know your resume well as they will ask everything from it.
      They asked many questions about the area concept of ospf, NAT, VTP and VLAN. I was also given an IP address and was asked to find if it was a usable IP . You can crack the interview if you know your concepts well.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

interviewed at Virtela Technology Services in March 2014.

Very pleasant interview process. It was a direct on-site interview. I had 4 rounds of one-on-one interviews, with 3 senior managers, and the CTO. The 3 senior managers were extremely polite. The question that stood out to from Round 1 was "What do you understand of the industry 5 years from now?"
    Round 2 was supposed to be very technical, I was told, but it was almost surprisingly simple- a couple of very basic questions on STP, and one on the difference between some standard routing protocols. The next round was again not very technical at all- I was just asked to explain the projects on my resume. The final round was with the CTO, which, to me, was not a pleasant experience. He was aloof, did not shake hands and just walked out the door abruptly when he thought we were done!

There was no negotiation. You get great experience, less-than-satisfactory pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in November 2013.

Hiringg process is fast and interview process is really good. Interview is completely technical which is a really good thing. Senior network engineers graduated from Univ of Colorado Boulder Telecommunications program are really technical and intelligent.

Interview Questions
    • It was a VLAN question dont exactly remeber but I failed to answer. The question was tricky.   Answer Question
    It was an intern position so no negotiation

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services.

Be prepared to be interviewed by at least 4 people, with unorganized spaces of miscommunication. Be prepared to clear your schedule for the day and bring something to read.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews go through CEO who will grill you. Some interviewing may take place on Skype and not limited to employees from India that might be difficult to comprehend, due to the language barrier. Upper management will be in their phone durning your interview, checking/responding to emails/text. Not the most professional interview process.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate slightly, but they are very right with their purse strings. My advice, go in with as high as a salary as possible as you won't see an increase any time soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in March 2013.

Everything on resume will be asked

No negotiation

NOC Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Virtela Technology Services.

get a phone call from recruiter and then had phone screen and a 1:1 onsite interview

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in September 2011.

I applied through monster.com and got selected to interview. The interview was a day long process. The manager and the senior manager interviewed me and then the General Manager of the Finance department interviewed at the final stage. The interview was not a difficult one but a very detailed one. There weren't any hardcore Finance related questions as such but there were some questions that helped them decide if I meet their requirements.

I did not negotiate

Network Engineer Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in August 2011.

I got a call from HR stating the interview is scheduled the next day, went for the interview which was for 5 hours and then got selected. It took 1 day for them to hire me. Lately they are now taking at least 2 weeks for the candidate to finalize.

i was happy with the offer so didn't negotiate.

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in April 2009.

Applied online. Received call from hiring manager to brief about position and my expectation. Set up next phone call from phone screening next day. Had basic 15 technical question along with 5 HR type question. He said he would review and get back to me. Two days later, got a call and asked for on site interview which was 3 days after. Interview lasted 3 hours with 5 people interviewing. Got the result after 2 days and joining a week later.

Interview Questions
    Unable to negotiate. They said they are not open for negotiation.