Virtela Technology Services

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

3.2

Software Developer Interview

Applied for this intern position on company website, about one week, I got call from HR
    And was invited to have the on-site interview with a senior and VP. 30 mins for each.
    Most of the time was sharing personal experience.

Interview Questions
    • Ask about Virtualization, and my experience in it, demand me to provide a topology and explain in details how I enable the features.

Interviewer was interested in candidate's experience with Unix admin/programming...
        Answer Question

NOC Tier I Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in October 2014.

I had only one phone screen and then they scheduled an on-site interview. The management/staff is very slow. You have to be persistently emailing them for updates. However, for me they responded fast. They will ask you your salary expectations right off the bat. I feel they won't give more than 55K (and then may be a 5K increase).

The phone interview was fairly 'brief about yourself'. The onsite was little bit hard. I got interviewed by 7 persons. 4 of them in the technical side and 3 of them in the management side. Technical interview was in-depth. Prepare very well.

Interview Questions
    • I can't say anything particular but prepare switching topics and BGP. Even TCP/IP questions may be asked. VLAN, VTP, STP, BGP, connection troubleshooting, VLAN troubleshooting, EIGRP convergence time (how to change?), learn some iOS commands, Route poisoining (RIP).   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services.

I went through a three step interview process with 8 total people. The first interview was in a conference room with four separate individuals. The second interview was in another conference room with 3 separate individuals.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your worst failure and what you learned from that failure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in April 2014.

The hiring process includes two rounds. First was a phone discussion followed by a technical interview. Hiring process was quick and I got my result in a day but the offer letter took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • They ask everything about the layer 2 and layer 3 concepts. Be strong in switching concepts, BGP, NAT, VLAN, VTP, OSPF, MPLS, IPsec tunnels and subnetting. Also know your resume well as they will ask everything from it.
      They asked many questions about the area concept of ospf, NAT, VTP and VLAN. I was also given an IP address and was asked to find if it was a usable IP . You can crack the interview if you know your concepts well.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

interviewed at Virtela Technology Services in March 2014.

Very pleasant interview process. It was a direct on-site interview. I had 4 rounds of one-on-one interviews, with 3 senior managers, and the CTO. The 3 senior managers were extremely polite. The question that stood out to from Round 1 was "What do you understand of the industry 5 years from now?"
    Round 2 was supposed to be very technical, I was told, but it was almost surprisingly simple- a couple of very basic questions on STP, and one on the difference between some standard routing protocols. The next round was again not very technical at all- I was just asked to explain the projects on my resume. The final round was with the CTO, which, to me, was not a pleasant experience. He was aloof, did not shake hands and just walked out the door abruptly when he thought we were done!

There was no negotiation. You get great experience, less-than-satisfactory pay.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in November 2013.

Hiringg process is fast and interview process is really good. Interview is completely technical which is a really good thing. Senior network engineers graduated from Univ of Colorado Boulder Telecommunications program are really technical and intelligent.

Interview Questions
    • It was a VLAN question dont exactly remeber but I failed to answer. The question was tricky.   Answer Question
    It was an intern position so no negotiation

Network Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in November 2013.

Hiring process was straight forwards as I had a call from the HR and was interviewed by two of the best employees of Virtela. Later I was interviewed by the Manager which was just a basic HR interview and then I was hired. I was interviewed mostly on networking protocols and was tested well on it.

Straightforward

Any Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services.

Be prepared to be interviewed by at least 4 people, with unorganized spaces of miscommunication. Be prepared to clear your schedule for the day and bring something to read.

Interview Questions
    • All interviews go through CEO who will grill you. Some interviewing may take place on Skype and not limited to employees from India that might be difficult to comprehend, due to the language barrier. Upper management will be in their phone durning your interview, checking/responding to emails/text. Not the most professional interview process.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate slightly, but they are very right with their purse strings. My advice, go in with as high as a salary as possible as you won't see an increase any time soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in March 2013.

Everything on resume will be asked

No negotiation

Senior Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virtela Technology Services in July 2011.

The founder called me - repeatedly. Spoke with him by phone, met him several times in person, both in my town then in Palo Alto and Denver. Met with Pramod Haque, the Managing Partner of the investment firm owners and Goel's boss. I just couldn't get comfortable with Goel. My investigation turned up extreme crippling atmosphere he fostered inside Virtela. Too bad for everyone.

Interview Questions

Bad vibe, appearance of constant turnover in the executive suite, caused by Vab Goel. This guy is the reason the company never took off, people quit, and why the tone of the company is cheap and abusive. Even after NTT bought in he seems to be still involved. Don't even talk to them until he is gone. He is the reason there are unions and labor laws.