Virtela Technology Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

3.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services (Denver, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an interrogation, not an interview. They had no interest in answering any of the questions I had. After the interrogation I was told they would pass the information on to other people and see if there was a place they could fit me in. Very heartwarming. I've already decided to decline if they offer me anything.

Interview Questions

• The names of suppliers we used.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Applied for this intern position on company website, about one week, I got call from HR And was invited to have the on-site interview with a senior and VP. 30 mins for each. Most of the time was sharing personal experience.

Interview Questions

• Ask about Virtualization, and my experience in it, demand me to provide a topology and explain in details how I enable the features. Interviewer was interested in candidate's experience with Unix admin/programming...   Answer Question

NOC Tier I Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services (Denver, CO) in October 2014.

Interview

I had only one phone screen and then they scheduled an on-site interview. The management/staff is very slow. You have to be persistently emailing them for updates. However, for me they responded fast. They will ask you your salary expectations right off the bat. I feel they won't give more than 55K (and then may be a 5K increase). The phone interview was fairly 'brief about yourself'. The onsite was little bit hard. I got interviewed by 7 persons. 4 of them in the technical side and 3 of them in the management side. Technical interview was in-depth. Prepare very well.

Interview Questions

• I can't say anything particular but prepare switching topics and BGP. Even TCP/IP questions may be asked. VLAN, VTP, STP, BGP, connection troubleshooting, VLAN troubleshooting, EIGRP convergence time (how to change?), learn some iOS commands, Route poisoining (RIP).   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services.

Interview

I went through a three step interview process with 8 total people. The first interview was in a conference room with four separate individuals. The second interview was in another conference room with 3 separate individuals.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your worst failure and what you learned from that failure.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services (Denver, CO) in April 2014.

Interview

The hiring process includes two rounds. First was a phone discussion followed by a technical interview. Hiring process was quick and I got my result in a day but the offer letter took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They ask everything about the layer 2 and layer 3 concepts. Be strong in switching concepts, BGP, NAT, VLAN, VTP, OSPF, MPLS, IPsec tunnels and subnetting. Also know your resume well as they will ask everything from it. They asked many questions about the area concept of ospf, NAT, VTP and VLAN. I was also given an IP address and was asked to find if it was a usable IP . You can crack the interview if you know your concepts well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services (Greenwood Village, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Very pleasant interview process. It was a direct on-site interview. I had 4 rounds of one-on-one interviews, with 3 senior managers, and the CTO. The 3 senior managers were extremely polite. The question that stood out to from Round 1 was "What do you understand of the industry 5 years from now?" Round 2 was supposed to be very technical, I was told, but it was almost surprisingly simple- a couple of very basic questions on STP, and one on the difference between some standard routing protocols. The next round was again not very technical at all- I was just asked to explain the projects on my resume. The final round was with the CTO, which, to me, was not a pleasant experience. He was aloof, did not shake hands and just walked out the door abruptly when he thought we were done!

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. You get great experience, less-than-satisfactory pay.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services (Greenwood Village, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiringg process is fast and interview process is really good. Interview is completely technical which is a really good thing. Senior network engineers graduated from Univ of Colorado Boulder Telecommunications program are really technical and intelligent.

Interview Questions

• It was a VLAN question dont exactly remeber but I failed to answer. The question was tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was an intern position so no negotiation

Network Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services (Denver, CO) in November 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was straight forwards as I had a call from the HR and was interviewed by two of the best employees of Virtela. Later I was interviewed by the Manager which was just a basic HR interview and then I was hired. I was interviewed mostly on networking protocols and was tested well on it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

Be prepared to be interviewed by at least 4 people, with unorganized spaces of miscommunication. Be prepared to clear your schedule for the day and bring something to read.

Interview Questions

• All interviews go through CEO who will grill you. Some interviewing may take place on Skype and not limited to employees from India that might be difficult to comprehend, due to the language barrier. Upper management will be in their phone durning your interview, checking/responding to emails/text. Not the most professional interview process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate slightly, but they are very right with their purse strings. My advice, go in with as high as a salary as possible as you won't see an increase any time soon.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtela Technology Services (Denver, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

Everything on resume will be asked

Negotiation

No negotiation