Virtua Health

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IS Help Desk Interview

IS Help Desk

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Virtua Health in May 2014.

Interview Details – First, I applied online, then received a phone call from a recruiter who informed me about the position and gave me a basic phone interview. Next, I took an online test on Windows 7 and Office 2010 which I passed. After that I had three interviews. The first was with HR. It was a very good and positive experience. I was told I did well and that I would have a second interview with the department Manager. The second interview with the Manager also went well. I was informed more directly about the duties and responsibilities of the position and was asked many questions pertaining to the position to determine if I was well suited for the job. I did well in this interview and was asked to come back for a third Peer to Peer interview. The Peer to Peer interview was very enjoyable because I got to talk to current employees about computers. They told me a little about their backgrounds and they asked me about my experience and background. Then they went through questions regarding how I handled myself in past situations at other jobs and how I would handle different situations at the position I was interviewing for. I enjoyed the Peer to Peer interview because it was a relaxed interview and I got to be myself and talk to people, who had similar interests as me, about the job I was applying for. I enjoyed all three interviews because everyone was exceptionally nice and pleasant to talk to. I was offered the position which was great and I accepted. I had to go for a physical and background test which took another two weeks, so the entire process took about one month Overall the process was long and thorough but it was a good way for both them and myself to find out if the job and company was the right fit for both of us.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to deal with a person or customer who was very upset. How did you deal with it? (Not the most difficult, but very important to the position because it is a Customer Service based job.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I said I would be very happy to work for Virtua and they told me what my starting salary would be and I said that would be great. Thank you.

Director Interview

Director

I applied through other source and interviewed at Virtua Health.

Interview Details – Phone interview to establish basic interest, salary requirements, followed by interview with the recruiter. Interview was behaviorally based and required providing examples of ways in which I handled various situations. They seem to work off an interview template. Interview was lengthy. Not much information about the job was provided during this meeting.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you regret that you didn't speak up about an issue at work.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Environmental Interview

Environmental
Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Virtua Health in June 2014.

Interview Details – My interview with Suzan Rogers was great. When I first walked in the room I was very nervous she made me very comfortable She asked me some good questions that were easy to answer. When the interview was over I felt very good about it. Some of my answers she liked and could relate to them. She is a very nice lady. Her interview skills a very good. I would tell a lot of my friends about her.
I have my second interview tomorrow thanks to her.

Interview Question – She did not give me any unexpected Questions.   Answer Question

Radiologic Technologist - Per Diem @ Voorhees Hospital Interview

Radiologic Technologist - Per Diem @ Voorhees Hospital

Interviewed at Virtua Health

Interview Details – After applying online, I was contacted very quickly and scheduled for an interview at the Career Center within a week. Received confirmation and directions. The person I interviewed with was great! She was very enthusiastic and made the whole experience less stressful than I expected. I also received instant feedback which was very helpful.
This was a "first" interview, therefore no offer was made at this time.

Interview Question – Why you chose this field? (Since I had a change in career paths)   Answer Question

Part Time Registrar Interview

Part Time Registrar
Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Virtua Health in April 2014.

Interview Details – The receptionist was very nice and offered me beverages, I was kind of nervous when taking the two computer test but I believe I passed them. My actual interview was great the interviewer was also nice and add with any interview I was nervous, questions were not to difficult and I answered them to the best odds my knowledge. After several questions I began to feel comfortable. Hope I get the job, Thanks Virtua.

Interview Question – The most difficult question is when asked, "What are my strengths and weaknesses on a job. "   Answer Question

Clerical Coordinator Interview

Clerical Coordinator
Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and interviewed at Virtua Health.

Interview Details – The interview process was as expected and it took a few weeks. It was a normal process: phone interview, 1:1 interview and a panel interview. I liked how the values were discussed in the interview. Sometimes you will get the question (during a behavioral interview), please choose an animal which best describes you. But I was told to choose a Virtua value to best describe myself. One of the values is part of my core principals so it had worked to my favor. The environment was very friendly and open.

Interview Question – It is not the most difficult question but the most repetitive question that everyone will ask you: what are your strengths and weaknesses. All the questions were expected.   Answer Question

Clerical/Coordinator Interview

Clerical/Coordinator
Mount Laurel, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virtua Health in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had a very nice hiring experience with Virtua. Everything started with one phone call from the recruiter, who asked me various questions about my previous job; why did I apply for the position; my salary expectations etc...Then she scheduled me for an interview. I came in to my interview and was interviewed by two recruiters a supervisor and another administrative person. I was a bit nervous at first as anyone is for an interview; but then they were so relaxed and down to earth people that I was very comfortable answering their questions and speaking with them. Then I received a phone call the next day with a job offer and I gladly accepted.

Interview Question – I guess one of the most difficult questions is when they ask “what are your weaknesses and your strengths”   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Social Media Interview

Social Media
Marlton, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virtua Health.

Interview Details – Interviewed twice for different but related positions a year apart. Recruiter had specifics but it was as if it was read from a sheet. As in she could say what the position required however it was without any knowledge of why it was so, or any comprehensive ability when you give relative or related experience. Responses were met with blank stares mostly. As other people allude to while working there some need to state some overall moral objective and I do have to mention I've never been given a "core values" sheet at the first sit down interview. To me if you as a company need to provide a documented list of how to have basic human behaviors then I just shuffer to imagine the amount of socially inept or how pervaise the personality disorders are there.

Second time around I was blown off several times and made to wait past the interview time, all without apology. When speak the recruiter asked questions already answered on my resume or portfolio. If she had taken any amount of time prior sourcing to me as candidate it would have served to not waste both my and her time. Obviously no interest was present prior to this conversation. The part I have to laugh at is we get to the end and she asked about my education; I guess for some reason there's a need for a masters when in a strategist role for regional medical centre? Your 4,000 followers probably necessitate such higher level thinking of a newly created profession, I'm sure.

Interview Question – What level of education do you have?   View Answer

Flag Interview

Virtua Health Director responded to this review

Mar 3, 2014

The Virtua Career Center takes pride in providing a thoroughly screened applicant to our business partners. We utilize asessments and advanced interviewing techniques including behavioral ... More

Staff RN Interview

Staff RN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Virtua Health.

Interview Details – Very easy, streamlined and concise.

Interview Question – Cannot recall   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Medical Secretary Interview

Medical Secretary
Voorhees, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Virtua Health in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very slow hiring process, but once you are in you are in. When I was applying for a job here someone from the inside told me to apply for everything and anything I believe I am capable of doing... it worked! I started at the bottom with an entry level job, but 3 years later I have moved positions twice and more than doubled my salary. This company loves to promote from within so just get whatever job you can, and then after a year it is some much easier to get your 'dream position.'

Interview Question – Name something you have done wrong at a workplace before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, not much, but there was some negotiations available.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Virtua Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Virtua Health interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Virtua Health employees and interview candidates.