Virtual Instruments Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
7 interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

interviewed at Virtual Instruments in July 2014.

long and relative touch, 7 people with long hours technical questions. Get recruiter screen and meet manager couple time and team members interview. Then recruit talk again.....etc. finally give offer.

Staffing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Virtual Instruments in August 2014.

I was referred by a friend whom had recently been hired by Virtual Instruments. After a brief phone interview on a Friday morning, I was offered an onsite interview. I came in Monday afternoon, and after interviewing with three different members of the team, I was offered a contract position on the spot by the department's manager. Everyone was very friendly and answered all of my questions about the company and the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions had to do with my past experience with Outlook and social media. I wasn't caught off guard by any question really.   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Virtual Instruments in November 2013.

Initial Phone screen followed by a 3 hour interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Virtual Instruments in February 2012.

Very Technical Lot of questions on Programming

It was smooth.

Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack User Interface Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Virtual Instruments.

Everything was good other than the attitude of some of the interviewer as this position clearly mentioned as for User interface the person was asking to explain how will you provide solution for a problem in coming Java new version ..(This is a joke as the position is for UI ) even i provided all the answer for java questions .They are more to wards java multi threading but job description says looking for HTML 5 ,CSS 3 and Ext Js.

Interview Questions
    • This position is for User interface and job description says looking for HTML 5 ,CSS 3 and Ext Js but interviewer expecting a master in JAVA who can even provide Solution for upcoming JDK which is not available in current JDK version.The funniest part of this is that the position is open for more than 6 month and they couldn't find a match yet.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Virtual Instruments in August 2011.

I was very impressed with Virtual Instrument's interview process. They were very organized from the time I was contacted by their recruiter to the offer stage. After interviewing with a few companies that were less than professional, I kept Virtual Instruments at the top because of the good feeling I had after my interview. I REALLY wanted the job after talking to everyone.

The technical interview was challenging...coding, data structure questions, multi-threading, etc. I was also given logic and puzzle questions. It was good that the interview was not too easy to pass. The interviews I pass easily I always seems to worry at whether I am truly working with bright people. This interview had the right level of challenge where I had to really think about my answers. The interviewers are engaging and they will provide hints if you go off in the wrong direction in a very constructive way. I really liked that. It felt more like a discussion than a real interview. My best advice to anyone that interviews here is to be concise with your answers and able to talk about some of the projects in detail on your resume. I know I hate interviewing someone that can't give me details on work they clearly stated they did on their resume.

I was able to walk through the company and I saw people having technical discussions and doing work in the labs. The atmosphere was pretty relaxed. Everyone seemed happy and the definitely not stressed. I got to ask a few folks about the work hours and I was surprised to find out that the hours were very normal and flexible.

Another part of the process I enjoyed was working with their recruiter. I don't usually like working with recruiters but this one was different. She really knew the industry and she was able to clearly explain the company's product, direction and the how it all fits in the market. I even asked her about competitors and other products and we even had a pretty good conversation on the storage space. She offered very practical advice on what to look for in a start up. I'd say she had me at hello....

With such a great experience, Virtual Instruments definitely topped my list and when I was offered the role, my compensation package was very attractive. It really was a no brainer to take this job.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a development project that you led. What were some challenges you faced? How did you resolve it? How did the overall project turn out? Would have done anything differently?   Answer Question
    The recruiter asked me for what I was currently making and what I wanted in my next job pretty early in the interview stage. I was reluctant to give out this information out but she did mention that the hiring process was very quick...and it was because in less than week I got an offer. The negotiations and offer phase was very professional. This company is looking for talent and they know what talent is worth. When the offer was made to me, I really didn't need to go back for more. The package was very attractive and the company did try to meet my needs (which I let the recruiter know in the beginning).

Sales Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Virtual Instruments in February 2010.

Very disorganized....

Interview Questions

Worked for Virtual Instruments? Contribute to the Community!