Virtusa

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

3.6

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Virtusa.

Difficult interview-mainly focuses technical knowledge.Be prepared for the technical round.The process consists of 4 rounds in total.
1.technical test online
2.technical round face to face
3.group discussion
4.hr round
First round is completely a technical online test with multiple choice questions on DBMS,JAVA,and the software core subjects and there is also a program asked like searching techniques,sorting techniques which u may or may not execute.People who did not Execute were also selected for further rounds.

Interview Questions
  • Java questions-on interfaces.frameworks, abstract classes and questions on SDLC and some DBMS questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Virtusa

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtusa.

Writing java code and able to explain is imp.
    Java,DBMS
    They concentrate mainly on Java
    U need to write atleast 2 programs out of 3 in order to qualify written not necessarily compiled but almost correct logic
    The code which you have written will be asked to explain it in technical round and concepts of Java.DBMS,software development and 1-2 puzzles to check u r logical ability
    In hr round main focus is on hobbies n social activities u do
    Best part is hr gives feedback on your performance

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Virtusa in November 2014.

First they ask me to do an IQ test, it consists two papers, one with general knowledge and other one with technical question from OOP, Java, .NET, UNIX, RDBMS, J2EE, DSA.
    After I got through that they ask me to come for Technical Interview. It consists level1 & level2 interviews.
    Level 1 done by two panel board. They ask about questions from OOP, DSA and Normalization. Also they ask about my projects and ask me to draw a simple ER diagram and a class diagram for one of them.
    Level 2 done by single person. He ask me about my project and ask me to draw a simple class diagram. Then ask to expand it in order to add privilege users. Next he describe about practical scenarios and ask what are the OOP concepts behind them. Then he ask to write an algorithm to below scenario.A & B are two integer arrays. Put their values into new array and sort it. Then he show me an output and ask me to write the code.
    output : 54321
    Then he says that there 27 balls. All balls weight 10g but only one ball weight 9g. Manual balance is provided. He ask me to show the least steps to find the 9g ball.( 3 steps are enough)
    HR interview - ask about the company, talk about salary and other typical things

Interview Questions
    • A & B are two integer arrays. Put their values into new array and sort it. Write an algorithm to do so.   Answer Question
    Monthly Salary LKR 30000/=

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Virtusa.

first they are conducting amcat test .

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Virtusa in December 2012.

3 rounds aftr written by our clg
    1.group discussion(speak facts and no rubbish and dont fight )
    2.technical interview(if ur frm cse/it u will be tested a lot else basic ques on C,java,aptitude)
    3.HR(vry tough 3 ppl asking to one stdnt-but be cool and truthful)

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)
    Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virtusa in November 2012.

Process was lengthy. Written test consisting of 2 papers, IQ and Technical. Then a technical interview with Software Engineer. Finally a Technical Interview with the Software Architect. Papers and interviews are very hard. There was a one week gap between each round.
    Virtusa is a good company but you must be a genius to get inside

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Virtusa in May 2010.

I am fresher , it is off campus .the process was good it has 3 hours written test,followed by techincal, Hr in techincal round they asked to write a program in java

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa in May 2009.

I have joined as fresher.
    Got this in campus interview
    Written test : inturn has 5 different papers : Aptitute, Maths, Data structures, C and English

Techinical - C language and OOPS based