Virtusa Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

Associate Architect Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

There were 2 Technical Rounds. , There was 1 HR round. They asked about Current Salary, Past Projects, Current Projects, Implementation methods, Activities, connector, data pages, data table,PRPC 7.1 features, stages, flows, flow action, properties, Forward chaining, backward chaining.

Interview Questions

• Current Salary, Past Projects, Current Projects, Implementation methods, Activities, connector, data pages, data table, PRPC 7.1 features, stages, flows, flow action, properties, Forward chaining, backward chaining.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa in January 2015.

Interview

Campus recruiting hire - phone screen then in person interview in one of the offices. Phone screen had three people of different levels on the line with me. Met with 3 people in the in office interview - 30 minutes or so each.

Interview Questions

• Questions about personality were unexpected - asked how family would describe you to see character   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a first round interview with a recruiter, waiting 4 weeks for them to get back to me, then had another interview with someone on the team, waited 8 weeks for a response, and then finally they scheduled me for an in person interview with 4 different people in their New York office for two weeks later. The interviews themselves weren't that hard--just talking about yourself and your experiences, but what really put me off was how awful they were at getting back to me. It's been about 6 weeks since that last interview and they haven't gotten back to me (although I've already accepted an offer somewhere else).

The in person interviews were great--the people were really nice and we connected on both a professional and personal level, but I think HR needs some work in their logistics.

Business Consultant Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Virtusa (Westborough, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

First my interview started out as 30 minute phone interview. A about three weeks later I was asked to go to Westborough for an in-person interview. I met with three different interviews (45 minutes with each interviewer). I was then asked to come back exactly one week later to meet with 2 senior executives. Again 45 minutes with each. Virtusa had payed for all of my expenses (food & travel)

Interview Questions

• How many planes are in the sky right now? (globally)
      How would you determine that?

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa in October 2014.

Interview

I first had an technical exam which was 30 IQ questions and 80 technical questions.then i was interviewed by senior software engineer.it was one and half hour interview.i was selected for the next round.then i had another one and half hour interview with an architect.it also went well.finally i had another small interview with the director of technology and then i was selected with the hr interview

Interview Questions

• Where will you in 5 year times of your career path?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a great opportunity.but to gain that you must work hard.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was a rigorous 4 round process. We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Senior Level Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa (Westborough, MA).

Interview

Interview depends on their need.. If they feel as if billing is lost.. then consider yourself as lucky.. You are in .. If they feel as they want to make a margin.. then even though you perform real good they look for the one who quotes for less.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

Met during a career conference and was invited for a phone interview about two weeks later. The interview consisted of a panel of 3 people who were all very professional and friendly. The interview went great and I was contacted by the company a week later to schedule a face to face interview in New York. I was given a list of dates to choose from but they all fell on dates that conflicted with my schedule for finals. I was not able to negotiate a change in my finals schedule so I asked if I could come to New York after my finals. I was given a new set of dates to pick out and I sent in an email confirming my choice. Now here is where I'll admit I made a mistake that any recent graduate should take note of. Most companies will confirm that you are scheduled for a time and place to meet at. In the original set of dates I was given the company's address and the time slots for the interview. So after sending my last email I simply assumed the same time slots and address were the same for this new date as they were for the last set of dates so I added them to my schedule. What I did not get was a time. So the night before the interview I decided to double check the address and time with the original email and I noted that I did not receive an emailed confirmation of an appointment I typically received for interviews in the past. So I decided the email my contact in the company to confirm everything and to tell them I was excited to come in. Unfortunately just as I arrived at company's office I received an email stating that in fact none of the managers were in the office that day and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. I was pretty bummed by this but realized that mistakes do happen and I should take it in stride. So I replied that I understood and stated that I was at the address at that time and if I could possibly come and see the office and also if we could reschedule. After this point I did not receive any more replies from the company and after emailing my contact one more time decided that I was probably better off looking at other opportunities.

I can understand that at times in a large company some scheduling errors can occur but simply not responding to my emails afterwards is completely unacceptable. I can accept and sympathize with scheduling mistakes but the fact that I wasn't given any information about rescheduling or a reimbursement for the transportation costs of coming into New York, gives me a great deal of pause about recommending this company to others.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was purely behavioral, know yourself and tell your story and you should be fine   Answer Question

Software Consultant - Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Virtusa (Denver, CO) in March 2014.

Interview

Good, quick and to the point. HR was not that easy to reach sometimes. Overall positive experience. Interview with HR, Tech tesm, Client and done. Office hours were not mentioned during interview but it was ok 830 to 5pm

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tough

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

screening interviews followed by interviews with senior management and HR

Interview Questions

• question about change management   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer is quite low. you need to stick to your guns regarding compensation