Virtusa

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virtusa in June 2012.

The interview process was similar to other consulting companies such as Deloitte, PWC or Infosys. They first had a phone interview in which I was asked a plethora of questions from many different subject. After which came an in person interview in Westborough, MA. The final interview was in NYC.

There was 3 case study questions as well, nothing too difficult for case study, but it wasn't the average interview. Dress nice, and be polite.

Had an excellent process, and everyone was very nice. I was also compensated for all of my expenses for interview travel.

(The interview was much more difficult than my Deloitte interview)

Interview Questions
    • How would you solve a business problem if presented? What are the first questions you would ask in order to go about solving a business issue whether its with the client or on a team?   Answer Question
    Not much for negotiation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virtusa in May 2012.

Interviewees beware! After the HR representative in India reached out to me about a phone interview with the hiring manager of a marketing position in Mass., I declined it because I didn't see a fit only to be told that the open position's title had changed to represent a more senior role. Although this was strange to me, I thought that taking a phone interview after all would not be any skin off of my back. Needless to say I was irate when the hiring manager told me at the start of the call that the title had not changed as well as he was unsure of why the HR representative had told me this. I emailed a gracious 'thanks, but no thanks' email to the HR representative. Around three weeks later the same HR representative called me to tell me that the open position's role and responsibilities had changed. My request for an email with the revised job description was denied - I had meet with the hiring manager because he wanted to tell me all about the different position in person. My theory is that the HR representative manipulated me to go in to the office thinking I would overlook that they are a bunch of lying, used car salesmen and would be so charmed with Virtusa that I would want to join them. Not only did the position have the exact same role and responsibilities as a few weeks before, the hiring manager defended the shady HR representative by finding a nonsense way around his lie. I should have charged Virtusa for the two hour's worth of gas it took to travel to and from their office.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Virtusa in September 2010.

The process was detailed and professionally done. Met with great people and everyone seems to know their mission.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do this job? You may not think it is a big enough assignment.   Answer Question
    Virtusa does not negotiate. This is the offer. Take it or leave it.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Virtusa in June 2010.

4 rounds. Subject matter specific.

Not too much room for negotiation

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa.

There were 3 rounds - 1 Technical , 2. Manager , 3HR
    The technical was too easy for a 3+ years experienced technical guy.
    Manager focused more on the project.
    HR Process was really slow. No communication from them for 2 months, suddenly out of the blue they call and ask immediately to resign and join

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtusa.

hiring process was a technical aptitude first.
    later a technical. most expected questions from all core computers subjects..of software engineering,java,pl/sql.
    tried to confuse by refusing to your answers.. that were right..
    last the hr round. ..aspiring.. and with ease..

Interview Questions
    • explaining full flow of the projects you made... .
      tchnical lasted for 1 n half hour.
        Answer Question

Na Interview

Interview process was quite quick for me. 1 round of technical interview followed by HR round. HR round was mainly around negotiation of my Salary. Questions were around my previous experience only.

Technical Lead Interview

a written test on java j2ee technologies to reduce the number of people for the next round
    technical interview by a senior person focusing on the things the resource has worked on.

Manager - Client Services Interview

2 Rounds of interview, Got hired from campus. Final round with an SVP. Primarily conversational and trying to understand experience. BFSI expereince was an advantage. Offer was delayed and came only a month later.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtusa in September 2014.

I had applied through placementink.com job portal in august and got the interview call in last week of august. The interview questions were of average difficulty and had questions from DBMS, Java, Data Structures. Also, puzzles were asked from me. Got through it also and finally had a HR round which tested if I am ready to join Virtusa. The mantra of selection is preparing all interview questions and placement papers from placementink beforehand. The process took 1 full day to be completed and the results were announced at around 8 PM. I got selected and accepted the offer.