1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Westborough, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewees beware! After the HR representative in India reached out to me about a phone interview with the hiring manager of a marketing position in Mass., I declined it because I didn't see a fit only to be told that the open position's title had changed to represent a more senior role. Although this was strange to me, I thought that taking a phone interview after all would not be any skin off of my back. Needless to say I was irate when the hiring manager told me at the start of the call that the title had not changed as well as he was unsure of why the HR representative had told me this. I emailed a gracious 'thanks, but no thanks' email to the HR representative. Around three weeks later the same HR representative called me to tell me that the open position's role and responsibilities had changed. My request for an email with the revised job description was denied - I had meet with the hiring manager because he wanted to tell me all about the different position in person. My theory is that the HR representative manipulated me to go in to the office thinking I would overlook that they are a bunch of lying, used car salesmen and would be so charmed with Virtusa that I would want to join them. Not only did the position have the exact same role and responsibilities as a few weeks before, the hiring manager defended the shady HR representative by finding a nonsense way around his lie. I should have charged Virtusa for the two hour's worth of gas it took to travel to and from their office.

Interview Questions