Virtusa

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Was a rigorous 4 round process. We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Other Interview Reviews for Virtusa

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Virtusa in September 2012.

Received an email from a recruiter about their opening and responded. They scheduled an in-person interview at their Manhattan office. When I got there, they'd lost my resume and couldn't photocopy it or get another from their system, so I had to reeexplain my credentials to everyone I spoke with aside the first man I spoke with.

At their office, the first person I spoke conducted a basic HR interview, asking me how I'd heard of them, what I knew about them, my background, etc. He told me I was being considered for a job in Albany. Next person was another HR interviewer, who told me a bit more about the company and position. Since for some reason they didn't have my resume, which I emailed to them, on record, I had to tell this interviewer all about my background. He said he didn't know where the position I was being considered for was located, but that he thought it might be in Boston.

Next was a technical interview on Java and general OOP concepts, conducted over a conference phone. This interviewer had an incredibly thick accent and coupled with the poor connection, made him very difficult to understand. I didn't feel like I did so well on it. Next I spoke with another tech person, face-to-face, who asked me some more OOP questions.

Afterwards I spoke with the first interviewer again. He told me that I passed, and that there was going to be 3-4 weeks (he wasn't specific) of training in India before the position started. As I don't have a passport, I asked him about the details. He wasn't very forthcoming about things like housing, how long I'd be expected to stay with them in return for the training, just insisting that they'd take care of it and it'd be free. When I told him that I'd sleep on it, he got very pushy and wanted an answer immediately, telling me he needed to know right then and there.

This seemed kind of shady (their story on where the position was located and didn't give me any details on the contract and details about the training),

Overall, it just felt "off" to me. It was very disorganized A couple of the interviewers just left the room for about 10 minutes at a time to take phone calls or something.

Interview Questions
    • What is a finally statement used for in Java?   View Answer

The whole thing seemed shady to me. I told them that I'd sleep on it before making a decision and they seemed unhappy with that, wanting me to give them a yes or no immediately. As well, the salary was around

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtusa.

hiring process was a technical aptitude first.
    later a technical. most expected questions from all core computers subjects..of software engineering,java,pl/sql.
    tried to confuse by refusing to your answers.. that were right..
    last the hr round. ..aspiring.. and with ease..

Interview Questions
    • explaining full flow of the projects you made... .
      tchnical lasted for 1 n half hour.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtusa in September 2014.

I had applied through placementink.com job portal in august and got the interview call in last week of august. The interview questions were of average difficulty and had questions from DBMS, Java, Data Structures. Also, puzzles were asked from me. Got through it also and finally had a HR round which tested if I am ready to join Virtusa. The mantra of selection is preparing all interview questions and placement papers from placementink beforehand. The process took 1 full day to be completed and the results were announced at around 8 PM. I got selected and accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa in April 2014.

Worst process... No proper communication and worst recruitment team as well as HR. Though you answered well they will reject you saying lame reasons. you will not any mails from the HR and you cannot contact thro telephone.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Such.All are expected questions and I answered almost all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Virtusa in April 2014.

i attended virtusa interview through NIIT.
    the first round was group discussion, in this we will be given some situational task so we have to read that task and understand and to discuss with in a group.
    second round was a technical written test , it was difficult , many people were reject at this round.
    third round was a technical face to face (java , jsp , jdbc, servlets ).
    final one was the hr , it was easy and everyone who cleared third round will make it to virtusa for sure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

interviewed at Virtusa in January 2014.

Intailly you will have a written exam through amcat. Then you will have GD followed by Technical and Hr

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtusa in December 2013.

simple C /C++ questions, Project works ,Interest in Software, Training

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtusa in November 2013.

written,gd,tech ,hr and lots of puzzles they ask which was quite simple ,u can easily go through if you practice them.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Virtusa in January 2013.

Aptitude- GD- Technical HR- General HR