Virtusa Software Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Virtusa in September 2012.

Received an email from a recruiter about their opening and responded. They scheduled an in-person interview at their Manhattan office. When I got there, they'd lost my resume and couldn't photocopy it or get another from their system, so I had to reeexplain my credentials to everyone I spoke with aside the first man I spoke with.

At their office, the first person I spoke conducted a basic HR interview, asking me how I'd heard of them, what I knew about them, my background, etc. He told me I was being considered for a job in Albany. Next person was another HR interviewer, who told me a bit more about the company and position. Since for some reason they didn't have my resume, which I emailed to them, on record, I had to tell this interviewer all about my background. He said he didn't know where the position I was being considered for was located, but that he thought it might be in Boston.

Next was a technical interview on Java and general OOP concepts, conducted over a conference phone. This interviewer had an incredibly thick accent and coupled with the poor connection, made him very difficult to understand. I didn't feel like I did so well on it. Next I spoke with another tech person, face-to-face, who asked me some more OOP questions.

Afterwards I spoke with the first interviewer again. He told me that I passed, and that there was going to be 3-4 weeks (he wasn't specific) of training in India before the position started. As I don't have a passport, I asked him about the details. He wasn't very forthcoming about things like housing, how long I'd be expected to stay with them in return for the training, just insisting that they'd take care of it and it'd be free. When I told him that I'd sleep on it, he got very pushy and wanted an answer immediately, telling me he needed to know right then and there.

This seemed kind of shady (their story on where the position was located and didn't give me any details on the contract and details about the training),

Overall, it just felt "off" to me. It was very disorganized A couple of the interviewers just left the room for about 10 minutes at a time to take phone calls or something.

Interview Questions
  • What is a finally statement used for in Java?   View Answer

The whole thing seemed shady to me. I told them that I'd sleep on it before making a decision and they seemed unhappy with that, wanting me to give them a yes or no immediately. As well, the salary was around

Other Interview Reviews for Virtusa

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in February 2011.

Interview was arranged through campus selection at college.
    Started with a presentation on company culture and values. This was followed by 6 rounds of rigorous continuous tests covering technical, language, aptitude and communication skills. Lasted for 2.5 hours.
    Language paper required an email writing.
    Technical paper had questions on C/Java (our choice) objectives.
    Results were announced after 3 hours.

Then began the interviews which lasted for another 2 hours. Mine was only for 5 minutes where they asked how I felt about my performance in the aptitude paper. I had told them I was sure I did excellent there. Looks like they had already made up their mind to hire me because of my good performance in written tests.
    Some of the other folks had slightly longer interviews but no one was asked technical in it.

Interviewer was very friendly and professional. Presentation looked enterprise level.

Results were announced at 8PM and then we selected bunch of students were brought in for a group pi with the interview panel.

One of the VPs had himself come for the interview. So it showed they were serious about the kind of talent they were looking for. It gave me a lot of confidence about joining the company.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary was pre-decided for all.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Virtusa in April 2014.

Worst process... No proper communication and worst recruitment team as well as HR. Though you answered well they will reject you saying lame reasons. you will not any mails from the HR and you cannot contact thro telephone.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing Such.All are expected questions and I answered almost all.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

interviewed at Virtusa in January 2014.

Intailly you will have a written exam through amcat. Then you will have GD followed by Technical and Hr

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jalandhar, Punjab (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in December 2013.

simple C /C++ questions, Project works ,Interest in Software, Training

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in November 2013.

written,gd,tech ,hr and lots of puzzles they ask which was quite simple ,u can easily go through if you practice them.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Greater Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Greater Noida (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Virtusa in January 2012.

There were more than 900 students in the initial screening round. First round was an AMCAT exam after which around 200-250 people were shortlisted. This was followed by 1 technical round and 1 HR round. In the technical round they asked to write the code of tree traversal, asked many basic questions about C, Networks, OS, DBMS etc. The HR round was very easy and nothing difficult was asked.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to create a Binary Tree and then to traverse it in many different ways.   Answer Question

They asked me to Join in Chennai that too 14 months after the interview. They provide no accommodation and I could not find any suitable accommodation in Chennai as the company was far away from the city areas.

Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in January 2013.

Aptitude- GD- Technical HR- General HR

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in January 2011.

mostly it was like a HR round, also , i was asked about algorithms, and flow charts.

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Virtusa in December 2012.

Attended 2 f2f technical rounds on 15-Dec-12

Got a cal and attended another two more rounds on 21-Dec-12

Got positive feedback and submitted all scanned documents on 27-Dec-12

But still waiting for Offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Virtusa? Contribute to the Community!