Virtusa

Getting the Interview

16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Virtusa in September 2012.

Interview Details – Received an email from a recruiter about their opening and responded. They scheduled an in-person interview at their Manhattan office. When I got there, they'd lost my resume and couldn't photocopy it or get another from their system, so I had to reeexplain my credentials to everyone I spoke with aside the first man I spoke with.

At their office, the first person I spoke conducted a basic HR interview, asking me how I'd heard of them, what I knew about them, my background, etc. He told me I was being considered for a job in Albany. Next person was another HR interviewer, who told me a bit more about the company and position. Since for some reason they didn't have my resume, which I emailed to them, on record, I had to tell this interviewer all about my background. He said he didn't know where the position I was being considered for was located, but that he thought it might be in Boston.

Next was a technical interview on Java and general OOP concepts, conducted over a conference phone. This interviewer had an incredibly thick accent and coupled with the poor connection, made him very difficult to understand. I didn't feel like I did so well on it. Next I spoke with another tech person, face-to-face, who asked me some more OOP questions.

Afterwards I spoke with the first interviewer again. He told me that I passed, and that there was going to be 3-4 weeks (he wasn't specific) of training in India before the position started. As I don't have a passport, I asked him about the details. He wasn't very forthcoming about things like housing, how long I'd be expected to stay with them in return for the training, just insisting that they'd take care of it and it'd be free. When I told him that I'd sleep on it, he got very pushy and wanted an answer immediately, telling me he needed to know right then and there.

This seemed kind of shady (their story on where the position was located and didn't give me any details on the contract and details about the training),

Overall, it just felt "off" to me. It was very disorganized A couple of the interviewers just left the room for about 10 minutes at a time to take phone calls or something.

Interview Question – What is a finally statement used for in Java?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The whole thing seemed shady to me. I told them that I'd sleep on it before making a decision and they seemed unhappy with that, wanting me to give them a yes or no immediately. As well, the salary was around

Hyderābād (India)

I interviewed at Virtusa in January 2014.

Interview Details – Intailly you will have a written exam through amcat. Then you will have GD followed by Technical and Hr

Interview Question – no   Answer Question

Jalandhar, Punjab (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in December 2013.

Interview Details – simple C /C++ questions, Project works ,Interest in Software, Training

Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in November 2013.

Interview Details – written,gd,tech ,hr and lots of puzzles they ask which was quite simple ,u can easily go through if you practice them.

Interview Question – lots of question about project   Answer Question

Greater Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Virtusa in January 2012.

Interview Details – There were more than 900 students in the initial screening round. First round was an AMCAT exam after which around 200-250 people were shortlisted. This was followed by 1 technical round and 1 HR round. In the technical round they asked to write the code of tree traversal, asked many basic questions about C, Networks, OS, DBMS etc. The HR round was very easy and nothing difficult was asked.

Interview Question – I was asked to create a Binary Tree and then to traverse it in many different ways.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They asked me to Join in Chennai that too 14 months after the interview. They provide no accommodation and I could not find any suitable accommodation in Chennai as the company was far away from the city areas.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in January 2013.

Interview Details – Aptitude- GD- Technical HR- General HR

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Virtusa in January 2011.

Interview Details – mostly it was like a HR round, also , i was asked about algorithms, and flow charts.

Interview Question – show the flow chart for listing fibonacci series   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Virtusa in December 2012.

Interview Details – Attended 2 f2f technical rounds on 15-Dec-12

Got a cal and attended another two more rounds on 21-Dec-12

Got positive feedback and submitted all scanned documents on 27-Dec-12

But still waiting for Offer.

Interview Question – What are the data structures used in List and Map?   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Virtusa in November 2012.

Interview Details – I sent my resume to their HR and received a call for a technical interview. The interviewer had an extremely thick Indian accent and I could not understand all the questions. He asked a few basic questions which did not seem to pertain to the position and some general Java questions that were hard to understand. Then he told me that I wasn't good enough basically, even though he knew I was struggling to understand him.

Interview Question – What is Obstruction in Java?   View Answer

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Virtusa in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was selected through campus recruitment and written test is bit difficult, techincal interview is ok and then hr round

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Virtusa

Worked for Virtusa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Virtusa Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Virtusa employees and interview candidates.