Virtusa Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

One IQ test.Two Face to face interviews. Basic knowledge OOP concepts. Second one asked about More in depth knowledge of data structures, Design patterns, designing a small system with java. Few simple coding samples.

Interview Questions

• What are the design patterns you are familiar with? describe.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Virtusa

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa in October 2014.

Interview

I first had an technical exam which was 30 IQ questions and 80 technical questions.then i was interviewed by senior software engineer.it was one and half hour interview.i was selected for the next round.then i had another one and half hour interview with an architect.it also went well.finally i had another small interview with the director of technology and then i was selected with the hr interview

Interview Questions

• Where will you in 5 year times of your career path?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a great opportunity.but to gain that you must work hard.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was a rigorous 4 round process. We review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter about their opening and responded. They scheduled an in-person interview at their Manhattan office. When I got there, they'd lost my resume and couldn't photocopy it or get another from their system, so I had to reeexplain my credentials to everyone I spoke with aside the first man I spoke with. At their office, the first person I spoke conducted a basic HR interview, asking me how I'd heard of them, what I knew about them, my background, etc. He told me I was being considered for a job in Albany. Next person was another HR interviewer, who told me a bit more about the company and position. Since for some reason they didn't have my resume, which I emailed to them, on record, I had to tell this interviewer all about my background. He said he didn't know where the position I was being considered for was located, but that he thought it might be in Boston. Next was a technical interview on Java and general OOP concepts, conducted over a conference phone. This interviewer had an incredibly thick accent and coupled with the poor connection, made him very difficult to understand. I didn't feel like I did so well on it. Next I spoke with another tech person, face-to-face, who asked me some more OOP questions. Afterwards I spoke with the first interviewer again. He told me that I passed, and that there was going to be 3-4 weeks (he wasn't specific) of training in India before the position started. As I don't have a passport, I asked him about the details. He wasn't very forthcoming about things like housing, how long I'd be expected to stay with them in return for the training, just insisting that they'd take care of it and it'd be free. When I told him that I'd sleep on it, he got very pushy and wanted an answer immediately, telling me he needed to know right then and there. This seemed kind of shady (their story on where the position was located and didn't give me any details on the contract and details about the training), Overall, it just felt "off" to me. It was very disorganized A couple of the interviewers just left the room for about 10 minutes at a time to take phone calls or something.

Interview Questions

• What is a finally statement used for in Java?   1 Answer

The whole thing seemed shady to me. I told them that I'd sleep on it before making a decision and they seemed unhappy with that, wanting me to give them a yes or no immediately. As well, the salary was around

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ghaziabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Virtusa (Ghaziabad (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

There was an aptitude test along with a techincal test. Which was followed by two round of interview. One was technical interview another was hr interview. Hr interview was long, and they grill you .. To get most out of you. Prepare for this very thoroughly. Java was the language they were looking for in technical interview

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Virtusa.

Interview

hiring process was a technical aptitude first. later a technical. most expected questions from all core computers subjects..of software engineering,java,pl/sql. tried to confuse by refusing to your answers.. that were right.. last the hr round. ..aspiring.. and with ease..

Interview Questions

• explaining full flow of the projects you made... . tchnical lasted for 1 n half hour.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Virtusa (Chennai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

I had applied through placementink.com job portal in august and got the interview call in last week of august. The interview questions were of average difficulty and had questions from DBMS, Java, Data Structures. Also, puzzles were asked from me. Got through it also and finally had a HR round which tested if I am ready to join Virtusa. The mantra of selection is preparing all interview questions and placement papers from placementink beforehand. The process took 1 full day to be completed and the results were announced at around 8 PM. I got selected and accepted the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Virtusa (Hyderābād (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

i attended virtusa interview through NIIT. the first round was group discussion, in this we will be given some situational task so we have to read that task and understand and to discuss with in a group. second round was a technical written test , it was difficult , many people were reject at this round. third round was a technical face to face (java , jsp , jdbc, servlets ). final one was the hr , it was easy and everyone who cleared third round will make it to virtusa for sure.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Virtusa (Chennai (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

Worst process... No proper communication and worst recruitment team as well as HR. Though you answered well they will reject you saying lame reasons. you will not any mails from the HR and you cannot contact thro telephone.

Interview Questions

• Nothing Such.All are expected questions and I answered almost all.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

Application

interviewed at Virtusa (Hyderābād (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

Intailly you will have a written exam through amcat. Then you will have GD followed by Technical and Hr