Visa Europe

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

3.2

Onboarding Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Europe.

Applied via LinkedIn and got a response very promptly. First stage was a phone interview with HR which was more for Visa to explain the role a bit better and the chance to ask some basic questions about yourself. Very relaxed and informal, and just like a conversation with a friend.

Second stage was a face to face interview with the hiring manager. Was asked to run through the CV and explain a few things here and there. It was all very professional with some quite tough questions about how you would deal with certain situations but nothing out the ordinary. This was an hour long and included a small test. It was nothing too technical, it tested more attention to detail rather than any pre-learnt skill.

The final stage was another face to face interview with the hiring manager and a few people from the team. This was a much more relaxed atmosphere where you could talk freely about the role and expectations. It was more to make sure the candidate was comfortable with the role and to answer any questions I had. They were all very helpful and painted an honest picture of day to day responsibilities.

After that, I was contacted with a job offer. The HR team were very professional throughout and were in constant communication about the progress of you job application. I felt that I was being looked after and things were moving quickly.

The overall hiring process makes me believe that Visa hires only good strong candidates. It's great to know that your potential colleagues would have gone through the same vetting process so the building is filled with intelligent, hard working professionals!

Interview Questions
    • What are the biggest challenges you've had to face in your current role?   Answer Question

Current job did a lot to keep me... It was a difficult decision turning down this role and if I could do both jobs I would!

Lead IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Europe.

The Hiring Manager was a former colleague and knows about my skill set in some past roles. The process was easy.Questions asked about .IDS, IPS ,SIEM - RSA and QRadar Design and Implementations Security Recommendations. Authentication using Safenet HSMs.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paddington, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paddington, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Visa Europe.

Half hour phone interview followed up with 1.5 hour interview with team lead and manager. No particularly challenging questions, I got the impression they were satisfied with my experience and just wanted to evaluate whether I was a good fit or not.

Interview Questions
    • The usual "what would you consider to be your biggest weakness" question - only difficult because I have a tendency to be honest when answering and I wasn't sure whether they'd appreciate that or not. Clearly they did.   Answer Question
    Negotiated an extra 10% above their offer.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Europe in August 2014.

Applied directly online from the company's website. First received a call from HR, followed by verbal and numerical online tests. Scored high on both and then being invited to an assessment day where they put you on a role play, priority for work test, followed by the actual interview. Their interview process is complicated and dont expect someone to answer your questions after the first few minutes after the tests start. They were unhelpful during the whole interview. Their interview tests at the assessment day was not effective at all, I agreed with emloyees who rated low for this company. Would not recommed this company for anyone even for an interview as there is no experience to gain from, absolute waste of time...

Interview Questions
    • The tests at the assessment day were difficult, even if you are prepared, you wont complete these tests within a short time and dont expect an answer if you have a question about the tests. Apart fro the tests, the usual interview questions were: Tell us why you applied for this role, what do you believe you can bring in to our team, what are your weaknesses, have you ever wanted to achieve something and failed in your previous jobs, give examples...   Answer Question

I red the reviews of the current employees and declined the offer

Onboarding Executive (PM) Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Europe in April 2014.

!/2 day. Just some major questions about my CV. All women team and could not spent the day without coffee. One case study to complete which I completed fine but they were asking me ridiculous questions.

Interview Questions
    • Stake holder Management skills and nothing to do with the post itself. All women team and 20 Contractors.   View Answer

Did not like the Director who was answering my questions with more questions and playing politics with my answers trying to ridicule me.

Creative Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Europe in March 2014.

Very swift process, as the vacany needed to be filled urgently. However, Resource Solutions, the in-house recruiter, seemed very disorganised and unprofessional. I dealt with 4 different agents and have been goven mixed messages, which was quite frustrating. The interviewers were friendly but had no professional experience in managing the type of role they interviewed for, which resulted in being badly managed, if at all. The interview also took place during a redundancy wave, which menat that many of my colleagues couldn't care less about the company. It also meant that my managers changed the duration of my contract every 2-3 months, which was extremely confusing and disencouraging.

Risk Management Interview

Three stage interview process for a role in RCCS division. A meeting with HR to discuss CV, reading comprehension test on PC. Second interview with hiring manager and team head which was competency based. Third interview test of presentation skills and technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Ad hoc presentation was required with little time to prepare before delivery.   Answer Question
    Negotiation with HR rep.

Delivery Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Europe in July 2013.

Several phone calls from the recruitment company that Visa uses - had to chase then several times. Eventually had an phone interview with an existing senior DD that lasted 45 mins and went really well. Got put forward for an interview day that was tough, really good fun and a great experience. This included an hour long 1-to-1, an individual practical test and then a group test. With the amount of senior staff and recruitment people present on the day and the format for the recruitment of this role it would not have been cheap for Visa to do. It puts into context the effort that they go to recruiting the right person for senior roles so if you are applying for anything from middle management upwards you really need to know your stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Too many to remember - think of the worst things that could happen to you in from a business perspective in that role then double it and ask yourself how are you going to deal with it.....   Answer Question

Security Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Europe.

2 interviews, first quite technical, with line manager and another, second with HR. Applied via Careers portal, smooth process, and all communication was good. As the Basingstoke office is a secure site, getting to the interview was't that easy but understandable from a security perspective.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Europe in June 2013.

Role found via an agent.
    First stage was a telephone interview which examined my experience and career.
    Second stage was a face-to-face interview with two senior members of the Department involving a case study, presentation and further questions followed by an interview with HR.
    Third and final stage was an interview with the head of the department.

Interview Questions
    • What would your elevator pitch be to the CIO if he asked you to describe the value of Enterprise Architecture to the wider Business?   Answer Question