Visa Europe Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.2

Delivery Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Visa Europe in July 2013.

Several phone calls from the recruitment company that Visa uses - had to chase then several times. Eventually had an phone interview with an existing senior DD that lasted 45 mins and went really well. Got put forward for an interview day that was tough, really good fun and a great experience. This included an hour long 1-to-1, an individual practical test and then a group test. With the amount of senior staff and recruitment people present on the day and the format for the recruitment of this role it would not have been cheap for Visa to do. It puts into context the effort that they go to recruiting the right person for senior roles so if you are applying for anything from middle management upwards you really need to know your stuff.

Interview Questions
    • Too many to remember - think of the worst things that could happen to you in from a business perspective in that role then double it and ask yourself how are you going to deal with it.....   Answer Question

Onboarding Executive (PM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Europe in April 2014.

!/2 day. Just some major questions about my CV. All women team and could not spent the day without coffee. One case study to complete which I completed fine but they were asking me ridiculous questions.

Interview Questions
    • Stake holder Management skills and nothing to do with the post itself. All women team and 20 Contractors.   View Answer

Did not like the Director who was answering my questions with more questions and playing politics with my answers trying to ridicule me.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Visa Europe in June 2013.

Role found via an agent.
    First stage was a telephone interview which examined my experience and career.
    Second stage was a face-to-face interview with two senior members of the Department involving a case study, presentation and further questions followed by an interview with HR.
    Third and final stage was an interview with the head of the department.

Interview Questions
    • What would your elevator pitch be to the CIO if he asked you to describe the value of Enterprise Architecture to the wider Business?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Three stage interview process for a role in RCCS division. A meeting with HR to discuss CV, reading comprehension test on PC. Second interview with hiring manager and team head which was competency based. Third interview test of presentation skills and technical knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • Ad hoc presentation was required with little time to prepare before delivery.   Answer Question
    Negotiation with HR rep.

Security Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Visa Europe.

2 interviews, first quite technical, with line manager and another, second with HR. Applied via Careers portal, smooth process, and all communication was good. As the Basingstoke office is a secure site, getting to the interview was't that easy but understandable from a security perspective.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Visa Europe in December 2012.

A very good comprehensive process that worked for all involved. VE uses in-sourced partners to manage the headhunting and recruiting. They were all fully versed in the company's brand values, objectives and positioning and were good representatives of the company. Interviews with them and with future colleagues both above and below the position allowed me to understand the lie of the land much better. Recruiters were also good on follow-up post interview to provide further answers or discuss issues raised.
    I had heard positive comments from friends and colleagues about how Visa Europe values employees and this process was consistent with that.

Interview Questions
    • No gotcha question, just good business-like questions. Quite conversational in tone allowing both parties to raise and discuss topics.   Answer Question
    Negotiations were conducted in an exemplary manner. Very business-like but also very cognizant of my particular circumstance

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Visa Europe in February 2013.

First I had a telephone interview with someone from the HR department. The interview lasted around 15 minutes and it was pretty straight forward with typical HR related questions.

Then a second telephone interview was arranged, this one was 30 minutes and it was mainly technical questions.

One of the guys was a lead software engineer and he had a very strong indian accent. It was a conference and the other guy (a senior team manager) had to repeate some of the questions that were asked by the lead software engineer as sometimes it was very difficult to understand. In one of the questions I answered that EJB was part of J2EE but he didn't agree with this and was questioning my knowledge on the matter - without reason... I just had to agree at the end even knowing he wasn't right! Some of the questions were nonsense in my humble opinion.

Another important thing to mention is that there was a considerable time between each interview or e-mail contact from them - 3-4 weeks! The process is extremely slow, so this is something people should take into account if they are actively looking for a job.

Interview Questions
    • Have you looked at the implementation / code of StringBuffer (from Oracle's Java SE) ?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Very messy and controlled by an unaccountable third party

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone shouted at you?   View Answer

Vice President Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Visa Europe.

Confused, Hiring manager wasnt sure about what they wanted. Had about 8 interviews.Asked for a presentation and the hiring manager did not show up for presentation at the interview

Interview Questions

Did not think the person in the role would be successful because of organisational dynamics. leadership and general confusion

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Visa Europe.

Two face to face interviews.
    First with Senior Consultant - Business Analysis Skills
    Second was with department head but since he/she was on vacation, senior business analyst took the interview followed by competency based HR interview

Interview Questions

Worked for Visa Europe? Contribute to the Community!