Visa Inc.

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

all day interview with 5-7people. After that the manager has to write an essay to justify the person he wants to bring in. The write up is then reviewed by a number of top executives which can take 2-4 months until you hear back

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Director Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

I interviewed for a position in one of the technology organizations at Foster City. The recruiter was professional throughout the process, and kept me in the loop as much as possible. Everything else left a lot to be desired.

The hiring manager provided minimal communication, and actually took a three week vacation in between interviewing candidates, adding to the already overly long time it took to get a decision - eleven weeks in total.

On-site interviews were based on interviewers asking canned questions from a sheet of paper each had been given. All of them complained about having to ask such questions; some gave up halfway through the list, by which point their disgust at being forced to ask those questions had already crept into the evaluation process. Several interviewers had no idea what else to ask (even after complaining of what they were told to ask). One went as far as telling me that being on the interviewer list was likely a mistake. The process was overly structured and left little room to get to know the organization or for them to get to know me.

Travel coordination for the on-site was terrible. Even though the date for the on-site had been scheduled 10 days in advance, I still did not have travel plans (hotel, airfare) the night before. I was lucky to get a room in the one hotel they do direct billing with. Imagine having to take three days off your current job and not knowing if you are actually flying out to the interviews at 9pm the night before.

I was told repeatedly that I was more than qualified for the position. In the end, no offer was made. Many people comment on how the business is overly bureaucratic; the interview process reflects it. They are trying to modify the way they work to become less so, but for all intents and purposes it looked like they were making things worse. If you consider Visa as a work environment, recognize the issues as you go through the process. It may change your mind as to why you applied in the first place, or at the very least it will prepare you for what you will face if you join them.

Interview Questions
    • No question in particular was more or less difficult or unexpected. It did seem as if the interviewers in general did not have a significant amount of expertise in the questions they were asking. This likely hindered their ability to properly evaluate the interviewee.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Was contacted by Talent Acquisition. Had a good conversation, asked about my skills, 30 minutes total. Recruiter was very friendly, didn't hear back so I call to check on the status of the application.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most recent customer escalation you've handled.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Two on-site interviews. Spoke to the hiring manager at the first on site and then spoke to the Sr. management

Interview Questions
    • technical questions about bankcard transaction trending   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Relaxed and long process. 4 interviews in total. They look for people that fit with their culture and are able to perform without supervision. I met with direct manager, talent acquisition and group peers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2014.

First contacted by recruiter. After interview with recruiter, I had an in office panel interview with hiring manager and three would be peers. Interview was informal without standard interview questions. Finally had an interview with an executive and HR representative, also very informal. This was more of get to know you interview.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through your resume. Not hard, but I don't really like taking someone through what got me in the door in the first place.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation once the offer was made, but the recruiter worked with me a lot to make sure the offer would be what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2013.

As normal as any other employer. You must really be quealified, but it works better if you someone in the organization, that can put you in contact with the hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • I need to increase penetration in LAC, how can you help me?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2011.

Informational internview followed by in person interviews ( 2-3 rounds) Mostly behavioral questions were asked. expect person to be familiar with financial services space, depending on specific postion - ability to work in cross functional matrixed organizations is always considered a plus.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewers are always looking to validate fit within the org culture and understanding of financial services space especially from a B2B perspective.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2007.

Very professional communication through out the process. Interviewed with 5 - 6 people who asked good, insightful questions. Positive initial impression of people, office and work culture.

Interview Questions
    • All questions dealt with unique working situation and responses would not necessarily assist readers of glassdoor.com   Answer Question
    All negotiations (besides start date) were directly with HR rather than hiring manager. Little latitude in negotiating sign-on bonus (based on what I was leaving behind at previous employer.)