Visa Inc.

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2011.

Interview Details – Accounting questions related to depreciation/ amortization, deferring revenue, recognizing revenue.

Interview Questions

Foster City, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was straightforward. I was a current employee at the company so I only had to describe to them what I had worked on and provide a new of someone who could give me a recommendation within the company. There were no by the book behavioral questions, just basic knowledge of how the finance function works was all. I did not have to interview with more than my manager and his manager which made it less intimidating. The finance department is notorious for a high turnover so they were desperate to fill the position since most people try to stay away from it at Visa unless they don't mind working 10+ a day.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with the Oracle systems and how and when have you used it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation process since we were on a company wide pay freeze.

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2009.

Interview Details – Met with the extended team. The one thing that stood out, is that the interviewers were all at a higher level than the the position being interviewed for. In retrospect, this implies getting blindsided due not meeting others at the same level. Get a high level picture, but no opportunity to understand specific role responsibilities only to be surprised later.

Interview Question – Summarize your background   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes.

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!