Visa Inc.

2.7

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Contacted by Visa and invited for a 1st round of onsite interviews at Visa's Foster City HQ Thought I did well in the interviews but after a 4 week gap of complete silence assumed they weren't interested (ok, fair enough, perhaps I didn't do as well as I'd thought).

Out of the blue receive a surprise invitation to come back for a 2nd round to interview with a SVP and 2 others -- also thought I'd done well. However, apparently not. Another 4 weeks pass by.

Finally hear back and am asked to come in for a 3rd round of interviews, this time including an EVP.

After those interviews, zip. No follow-up, no updates, no response to emails or phone messages. Crickets.

Interview Questions
    • How can we improve our recruiting process?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

First round was a phone screen that went on for around half an hour.
    Was called onsite the very next day for 5 one to one rounds that went on for around 2 and half hours.

Interview Questions
    • None. Purely technical and based on what the requirements for the position are.   Answer Question

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

1) HR calls & gives a brief background of the position 2) No communication for about 4 weeks before a sudden email from the scheduling team for a phone screen with the hiring manager 3) After the phone screen you will be puzzled by the silence for another 4 weeks after which i got an email on a Saturday morning for my availability for an onsite interview .

One of the most important observations that i had is - the culture seems to be extra casual (rather non existent ) , people are carefree , disinterested and slow . The interviewers were totally not interested in the interview , they were more concerned about where i stay , how i reached the venue etc . This totally turned me off .

Interview Questions
    • There are absolutely no unexpected questions . All are based on the resume   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Applied through University Recruiting system. Had in-person interview followed by two phone interviews. Received and accepted offer after the 2nd phone interview. The process took 2 weeks. Both of the interviews were largely fit and behavioral based. All standard questions and largely based off of resume-questioning. Know a lot about Visa and the payments industry in general. Have a good reason for wanting to work there, and know your resume well.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Relaxed and long process. 4 interviews in total. They look for people that fit with their culture and are able to perform without supervision. I met with direct manager, talent acquisition and group peers

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2014.

Consisted of couple rounds of interviews, mainly behavioral questions all throughout the interview. Why VISA, where do you see yourself in a couple of years, when did you lead a team etc.

Interview Questions
    • If your friends were to describe you in three words, what would they be   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

HR contacted for initial screening. Had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager after a few weeks. Heard back after 2 weeks that I am being invited for in-person interview on campus. A total of 6 people from the team interviewed me. Everyone sounded very positive. Hiring manager informed that I would know within 2 weeks. What was ridiculous was I never heard either ways even after 5-6 weeks. I followed up with the HR and hiring manager several times. The worst was that they kept telling me they were interested but never made an offer. Extremely slow. HR seems a little clueless as to what the next steps are. They are not prompt in responding. From my experience the whole experience took more than 10 weeks and still I dont have an answer. Decided to pursue another offer in hand.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

Applied online and got a response pretty quickly from HR. Had an initial conversation with the hiring manager, mostly around what type of work I had been doing. Then talk to four people on the phone in one day as a final interview. I got the offer without going onsite, as I was out of state. Visa is just starting to build up its analytics department, so the level of sophistication still levels something to be desired.

Interview Questions

There are so many more rigorous places in the Bay Area. The pay and career development / mentoring dimensions of this job were pretty lacking.

Senior Copywriter and Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in December 2013.

Saw job f/t staff position posted in June 2013. 45 min phone interview set up by HR. Went well, at end told job not being filled til end of summer. Contacted HR every 3 wks agout it. Got call in DEC. asking for interview. 7 interviews in 2 visits - incl. 1 that hadn't been scheduled.

Bait-and switch. 6 mos after phone interview, and after 2 visits and 7 interviews for a STAFF position, my boss-to-be called and said "good news! we want to hire you!" gave me details, then said "oh, by the way, you'll be on contract for the first 3 months, then staff, ok?" Then offered me 14% less than at my previous job, too. I wanted a staff position and they'd strung me along for 6 months. Really on the spot so I said yes, figuring I'd do the 3 months and convert. After 3 months, they offered me another 3 month contract. (no benefits at all, no training, not invited to all-staff meetings, etc..) I bolted.

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

4 rounds of interviews with hiring manager, peers, other functional SMEs - included 2 different presentations. Took about 3 weeks all-in.

Interview Questions
    Minimal, they offered some additional sign-on.