Visa Inc.

49 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 3 month contract with possibilities of extension. There was a phone interview for 30 min and then the offer came in 3 hours. They did not extend and I found myself again in the job market.

Director Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2011.

Interview Details – Informational internview followed by in person interviews ( 2-3 rounds) Mostly behavioral questions were asked. expect person to be familiar with financial services space, depending on specific postion - ability to work in cross functional matrixed organizations is always considered a plus.

Interview Question – Interviewers are always looking to validate fit within the org culture and understanding of financial services space especially from a B2B perspective.   Answer Question

Senior Copywriter and Editor Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in December 2013.

Interview Details – Saw job f/t staff position posted in June 2013. 45 min phone interview set up by HR. Went well, at end told job not being filled til end of summer. Contacted HR every 3 wks agout it. Got call in DEC. asking for interview. 7 interviews in 2 visits - incl. 1 that hadn't been scheduled.

Negotiation Details – Bait-and switch. 6 mos after phone interview, and after 2 visits and 7 interviews for a STAFF position, my boss-to-be called and said "good news! we want to hire you!" gave me details, then said "oh, by the way, you'll be on contract for the first 3 months, then staff, ok?" Then offered me 14% less than at my previous job, too. I wanted a staff position and they'd strung me along for 6 months. Really on the spot so I said yes, figuring I'd do the 3 months and convert. After 3 months, they offered me another 3 month contract. (no benefits at all, no training, not invited to all-staff meetings, etc..) I bolted.

Intern Interview

Intern
Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Applied through University Recruiting system. Had in-person interview followed by two phone interviews. Received and accepted offer after the 2nd phone interview. The process took 2 weeks. Both of the interviews were largely fit and behavioral based. All standard questions and largely based off of resume-questioning. Know a lot about Visa and the payments industry in general. Have a good reason for wanting to work there, and know your resume well.

Interview Question – What is your 2nd biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

Interview Details – HR contacted for initial screening. Had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager after a few weeks. Heard back after 2 weeks that I am being invited for in-person interview on campus. A total of 6 people from the team interviewed me. Everyone sounded very positive. Hiring manager informed that I would know within 2 weeks. What was ridiculous was I never heard either ways even after 5-6 weeks. I followed up with the HR and hiring manager several times. The worst was that they kept telling me they were interested but never made an offer. Extremely slow. HR seems a little clueless as to what the next steps are. They are not prompt in responding. From my experience the whole experience took more than 10 weeks and still I dont have an answer. Decided to pursue another offer in hand.

Interview Question – Why Visa?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2012.

Interview Details – Visa moves fast on interviews. I was initially phone screened then interviewed in person by 5 people from the IT and business side. The interviews were held all in the same day.

Interview Question – The project managers deal with a lot of finacials. The questions were around basic PM work but were heavily geared towards financial controls.   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a response pretty quickly from HR. Had an initial conversation with the hiring manager, mostly around what type of work I had been doing. Then talk to four people on the phone in one day as a final interview. I got the offer without going onsite, as I was out of state. Visa is just starting to build up its analytics department, so the level of sophistication still levels something to be desired.

Interview Question – Simple break-even analysis   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are so many more rigorous places in the Bay Area. The pay and career development / mentoring dimensions of this job were pretty lacking.

Senior Director Global Information Security Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of people in very little time. All had different visions for what the position needed to do... should have recognized as a possible red flag.

Interview Question – How would you structure Information Risk Governance? (When I was being hired as an individual contributor and not the leader of the IRG group.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a very good first offer, so there was almost nothing to negotiate.

Business Leader Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews with hiring manager, peers, other functional SMEs - included 2 different presentations. Took about 3 weeks all-in.

Interview Question – Case study on related subject matter   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal, they offered some additional sign-on.

Summer Intern Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied through campus career center posting. Contacted by the senior recruiter via email within a week to set up a phone interview. The interview questions focused mainly on what I had on my resume, and how much I knew about the company's business. Within a day or two, they contacted me back to set up a group phone interview with the department manager and his director. The interview was somewhat casual and they seem to enjoy my passionate nature very much. The entire interview went for about 30minutes--mostly on my previous experience (especially outside of academic/school), and once again how much I was familiar with their business (their main revenue source, their competitors, their current marketing direction...etc.)

Interview Question – Where (region/country) do you think does Visa make the most revenue on transaction fee?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were generous in covering my transportation cost (airfare & train/metro pass).

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Visa Inc.

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Visa Inc. Videos

Visa Inc. – Why Work for Us?

Working at Visa Powering the Global Economy For more than half a century, Visa has pioneered the global shift away from cash and checks toward easier, safer and more convenient electronic payments. Our network — backed… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Visa Inc. interview questions and advice in Foster City, CA. All 49 interview reviews posted anonymously by Visa Inc. employees and interview candidates.