Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Very relaxed, laid back. Was asked about experience, past interactions with groups, and some brain teasers. Interview process was mainly behavioral however there were some technical questions. Emphasis was placed more heavily upon if you would be a good fit for the company. Overall I found the interview process enjoyable.

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled group members who were hard to work with?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I dropped a resume at the career fair. Talked to a manager at the career fair and he kept my resume and told me he would contact me soon. I was contacted a few days later for an on site interview with an engineer. Standard process of exchanging introductions and a technical interview

Interview Questions
    • If you have student names and test scores return the k students who scored the highest   Answer Question

University Recruiting Associate Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

The interview process began with a phone screen and then an in-person interview. In the in-person interview I sat down with several staff members. The team was extremely friendly. The were very transparent about the challenges and opportunities with the role and the department. The whole interview process felt very conversational not transactional. Seemed like a great place to work.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc..

It was pretty easy. General architectural questions. Explained server technologies and general coding approaches to them. I did it on the phone and then spent a week being evaluated on the job as I began working. Which I prefer anyway. Showed them how I coded, how much I knew about servers and shell scripting and how I did at setting up other technologies for them and for the project. They also were evaluating how I interacted with a team.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to do certain frameworks?   View Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Visa Inc..

First, a telephonic interview mostly dealing with algorithms and data structures, in a language of your choice, as mentioned in Resume.
    My preference was Java.
    The Interview went on for about 45 mins, it was more like discussion where the interviewer expected you to know how hashtables work, if hashtables are the best data structure for the given situation.

Most think it is, but we need to talk about conflicts and conflict resolution.

Alternate data structures like trees should be considered.

The second round was an online quiz test. Depending upon ur degree, the difficulty of the quiz is determined I believe.

Didnt go as I had wanted. Few questions were on data structures, mcqs. Then two coding questions.
    One was straightforward, required efficient use of a data structure. Second question was unexpectedly on dynamic programming which I was not able to code.

Imp - Be very very familiar with the hackerrank environment. They allow you to code in your IDE and you can later copy paste into the browser, but make sure you are properly reading the input. Secondly, make sure you submit the answer, even if its wrong or incomplete.

Interview Questions
    • Can I use hash tables all the time for fast search operations ?   View Answer

Software Engineer- New Grad Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Took 1 month from the date of application until the initial contact. Phone interview was setup then which included Advanced Data Structures Questions and some questions from the resume. Was invited to a online coding challenge which included 4 MCQ's and 2 Programming questions and they were not so hard. Two days Later invited to On-site which had 3 1hr interviews with Hiring managers from different team. Questions from Basic programming/Algorithms and some design questions. Overall if you know basic concepts well, it would be relatively easy to crack.

Interview Questions
    • Some DB commands which included Inner joins and some design questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I met them at a career fair and they scheduled an interview within two days. The first round was technical, and asked some pretty simple questions. There were two more such interviews, one that assessed general problem solving and the other emphasizing coding (some questions were a bit challenging). The last round was a behavioral interview, but had easy questions overall.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

contacted by recruiter for an on campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes with all behavior questions. I have a good chat with them, the interviewers were friendly and nice. After I answered their questions, they gave me 5 minutes for asking about them. 1 month later, I got an email saying that I was not considered for the internship

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2015.

I met a recruiter at the career fair. She emailed me a month later to schedule an OCR with a senior Enginer and the head director of engineering. I was interviewed on school for an hour and they were super nice. A week later HR called me and told me that I was accepted as an intern at visa. They gave me a relocating fee which was really generous.

Interview Questions
    • How many times does the big hand and the small hand pass in 24 hours?   View Answer
    • What term do you use to describe the repetition of developing and testing over and over?   View Answer

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Submitted my application online through my college career site and got the interview. Asked me some conceptual questions and 1 technical question. Interview process was good however the recruiter did not seem very organized.

Interview Questions
    • What does the garbage collector do in Java?   View Answer