Visa Inc. Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
190 interviews

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Quick on the phone first interview, then an in person panel interview, [over three hours], then no contract for three weeks, followed by an offer. The people were basically organized by learning the process.

Insufficent salaruy

Senior Database Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2012.

Phone interview, then face to face interview. Technical discussion of my previous projects. Description of team's current challenges. Discussion of pros and cons of different approaches in design and code.

Interview Questions
    • What are disadvantages of partitioning?   View Answer

Public Relations Manager, Brand Marketing Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2010.

Very typical: starts with HR and then follows hiring manager interviews. The process is determined by the hiring manager style. In my case it was a conversation about the position and my qualifications but mostly about the position.

Interview Questions
    Good, they gave me what I wanted.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

VERY GOOD PLANNING AND COMMUNICATION. Started with an initial phone screen that was HR+few Java questions, then a test was picked up from a set of Java online tests, finally a coding round with senior developer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, simple java code to write method with loops.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate - Temp Contract Job W/Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2012.

For the interview, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. She asked questions like:
    - Tell me about yourself
    - What were your past experiences with customer service?
    - What are your strengths?

Then we did a role-play where she was an unsatisfied customer and I was the customer service representative for Visa. At first everything starts out normal where its a customer calling to ask about their current balance on their bill and then the situation was there was a charge on the bill for the customer that isn't suppose to be there. So she played the role of an angry unsatisfied customer.

After this she gave me positives and negatives about how I did for the role-play and told me when to expect an email with paperwork and information on the training sessions. At the actual training session, I got to meet with other people who passed the interview but even if you make it to this portion you are still at risk of getting cut. There are very strict rules about attendance like if you miss more than 2 days with an excuse or come in late 1 time you are going to be cut.

Interview Questions
    • The role play of Customer Service Representative vs. Angry Unsatisfied Customer   View Answer

At the training orientation, I realized there was a lot of work and time to put into the Temp job but very slim chance of potential for permanent hire or keeping your name in the system for future temp-job openings. Also, the training schedule didn't work with my own schedule at the time. With myself having to drive 40 mins to 1 hour to get to work, it would be impossible for me to not arrive late due to traffic at least once during the 2 month training period and end up getting early termination on my record.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2014.

Started with a phone interview asked basic questions strengths, weaknesses, how to form team relationships, where do you see yourself in 5 years. Once offered a position I was given a background check and worked with HR on negotiating compensation

Interview Questions
    • How would you form relationships with older workers that didn't respect your age?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Pretty standard interview process with the hiring managers. LAC HR recruiter brought a refreshing spin to my interview process, exceptional! Felt challenged and compelled to answer his questions, over all a great process well done Visa!

Interview Questions
    Recruiter outlined expectations from the start no negotiation needed, would have hoped for a bit more but I am very happy with the offer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Relaxed and long process. 4 interviews in total. They look for people that fit with their culture and are able to perform without supervision. I met with direct manager, talent acquisition and group peers

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2010.

Recruiter found my resume online, gave me a call, we discussed position. I decided he could submit me for the position. Than Visa set up a phone screen with me. Than I got a call back about four business days later to meet with hiring manager separately, and than some team members. The entire onsite interview process lasted about two hours.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was, "Which would you prefer to use a gel pen or a ball point pen? And Why?"   Answer Question
    The negotiation phase went one round before I got an offer that I could agree on. It was not my ideal, but was an OK offer.

Business Leader Interview

The hiring manager took the diligence to contact me and get to know my strength and experience. This is rare and most hiring managers didn't get the opportunity to do so because HR won't let it happen. You can't relax unless you already knew these people. This trumps diversity and you're expected to manage upwards. If you can please the top guy, then you shouldn't have any problem in getting hired.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process is not about understanding your ability, but more to see if you can be a fit. That's a challenge unless you already know "how" to speak up. I was asked for an experience that is not listed in the job description, which is generic and vague to begin with, and no wonder I was not qualified. They also make you meet with several stakeholders and partners though it only matters if the top guy says "yes" so it's kind of a waste of time. Find someone via linkedin before interview so you can be prepared to see who you're dealing with.   Answer Question

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!