Visa Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate - Temp Contract Job W/Call Center Interview

Customer Service Associate - Temp Contract Job W/Call Center
Miami, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2012.

Interview Details – For the interview, I had a phone interview with the hiring manager. She asked questions like:
- Tell me about yourself
- What were your past experiences with customer service?
- What are your strengths?

Then we did a role-play where she was an unsatisfied customer and I was the customer service representative for Visa. At first everything starts out normal where its a customer calling to ask about their current balance on their bill and then the situation was there was a charge on the bill for the customer that isn't suppose to be there. So she played the role of an angry unsatisfied customer.

After this she gave me positives and negatives about how I did for the role-play and told me when to expect an email with paperwork and information on the training sessions. At the actual training session, I got to meet with other people who passed the interview but even if you make it to this portion you are still at risk of getting cut. There are very strict rules about attendance like if you miss more than 2 days with an excuse or come in late 1 time you are going to be cut.

Interview Question – The role play of Customer Service Representative vs. Angry Unsatisfied Customer   View Answer

Reason for Declining – At the training orientation, I realized there was a lot of work and time to put into the Temp job but very slim chance of potential for permanent hire or keeping your name in the system for future temp-job openings. Also, the training schedule didn't work with my own schedule at the time. With myself having to drive 40 mins to 1 hour to get to work, it would be impossible for me to not arrive late due to traffic at least once during the 2 month training period and end up getting early termination on my record.

Intern Interview

Intern
Ashburn, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2014.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview asked basic questions strengths, weaknesses, how to form team relationships, where do you see yourself in 5 years. Once offered a position I was given a background check and worked with HR on negotiating compensation

Interview Question – How would you form relationships with older workers that didn't respect your age?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Pretty standard interview process with the hiring managers. LAC HR recruiter brought a refreshing spin to my interview process, exceptional! Felt challenged and compelled to answer his questions, over all a great process well done Visa!

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Recruiter outlined expectations from the start no negotiation needed, would have hoped for a bit more but I am very happy with the offer

Director Interview

Director
Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Relaxed and long process. 4 interviews in total. They look for people that fit with their culture and are able to perform without supervision. I met with direct manager, talent acquisition and group peers

Interview Question – Who is Visa main competitor?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter found my resume online, gave me a call, we discussed position. I decided he could submit me for the position. Than Visa set up a phone screen with me. Than I got a call back about four business days later to meet with hiring manager separately, and than some team members. The entire onsite interview process lasted about two hours.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was, "Which would you prefer to use a gel pen or a ball point pen? And Why?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation phase went one round before I got an offer that I could agree on. It was not my ideal, but was an OK offer.

Business Leader Interview

Business Leader

Interviewed at Visa Inc.

Interview Details – The hiring manager took the diligence to contact me and get to know my strength and experience. This is rare and most hiring managers didn't get the opportunity to do so because HR won't let it happen. You can't relax unless you already knew these people. This trumps diversity and you're expected to manage upwards. If you can please the top guy, then you shouldn't have any problem in getting hired.

Interview Question – The interview process is not about understanding your ability, but more to see if you can be a fit. That's a challenge unless you already know "how" to speak up. I was asked for an experience that is not listed in the job description, which is generic and vague to begin with, and no wonder I was not qualified. They also make you meet with several stakeholders and partners though it only matters if the top guy says "yes" so it's kind of a waste of time. Find someone via linkedin before interview so you can be prepared to see who you're dealing with.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Was contacted by Talent Acquisition. Had a good conversation, asked about my skills, 30 minutes total. Recruiter was very friendly, didn't hear back so I call to check on the status of the application.

Interview Question – What was the most recent customer escalation you've handled.   Answer Question

Network Support Engineer Interview

Network Support Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – first the recruiter called and set up a 1:1 - CCNP level questions asked.
HR called back within a few days with a job offer. All in al everything was taken care of within two weeks.

Interview Question – Network - CCNP level questions asked.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

Interviewed at Visa Inc.

Interview Details – First had short phone screen then arranged a in-person.
Started with one person, then became a panel after 20 minutes.
Asked general questions about process, programming languages, basic skills and a lot about agile.

Interview Question – How did you explain you largest blunder to upper management   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Three Rounds:

Round 1:
What is Test Plan and contents of it.
What are different risks to a project
What is Agile and are the teams located in same location
How will you test High Availability in Data center
In Perl how will you delete the trailing space
What is Authorization in credit card terminology
What 3 things should a project have before you decide on a job offer
What thing you would not like a project to have while deciding on a job offer
What are the advantages and disadvantages of Agile

Round 2:
Given a login form what all test cases can you design which also covers Database testing the business rules
In Soap UI other than WSDL which is the other thing you test
What is the difference between class variable and instance variable
Find the error in a Java Program (Related to instantiation of a class variable)
About Security Testing
What is the difference between inner join and outer join
What is the difference between unique key and primary key

Round 3 By Developer

What is the difference between Junit and TestNG
What are the Web Services , how will you test them
What is regression , how often will you run it
What is the difference between White box testing and black box testing
What is Unit testing. Is compliation error comes under unit testing
Why is testing important what will you do if you encounter any problem in testing
How will you find a file containing 'change ' word in the sub directories
What is behavioral testing, test driven design
How will you decide what to automate and what not to automate

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!