Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

Associate Tech Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Conference calls, very basic questions. Not technical at all besides only 2 questions. Wanted to really just hear about my background and also asked situation based questions. Had 2 different phone interviews. Interviews were with network and project admins.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Initial phone call w/ recruiter and then the hiring manager. Never heard back. Still have not. - it's been 6 weeks. The job posting is closed. If a candidate allocated time for the interviews, an email would have been the least Visa could do to notify the candidate. Lack of professionalism in the HR process. Disappointing.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Interviewer did not understand my responses to the questions, and when I clarified the responses, she would just not really care about them. Interviewer was also showing some condescension after some of my response. Overall, the interviewer did not want to really listen and did not really seem to understand my questions and responses.

Associate Training Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

- Two phone interviews
    - One face to face interview with language test. Language was required for the position and the test was a translation of some emails and content to that language.

Software Engineer - New Grad Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview was conducted by phone. Myself and a single manager on the line. Most of the interview was just a general conversation about my background and experience. There were some soft questions about CS education and experiences e.g. favorite classes and my particular focus. Then a couple questions about development and and architecture. Overall the interview took about 30 min and was conducted in a conversational manner.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked about three tier architecture, experiences and thoughts on this type of architecture. This question was asked after a conversation on software development.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was not a positive one. From the first interaction of the HR till the telephonic interview, i did not get a professional feel from the team. In spite of their e-mail asking for convenient slots for the next 2 weeks, the HR guy directly called me and railroaded me into giving them an interview slot for the very next day. Till the date of the actual interview no one confirmed whether it was actually going to be there. It was "tentative" till around 2 hours before the scheduled time slot. Then they were not sure whether to have the interview for 45 mins or for 1.5 hours. Eventually, what was fixed for 45 minutes turned into a 1.5 hour interview. The interview experience was not good, the interviewers didn't really seem to want to hear my answers and kept asking the same things over and over again. The behavioral questions didn't make any sense. The interviewer apparently wanted me to give one specific answer which he had in mind. After all this, no one has bothered to get back to me on the status. It was disappointing that such a big brand operated in such an unprofessional manner and i would not recommend them

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for Staff Software Engineer position online using VISA carreers site. Got call from recruiter after 1 week. Talked briefly about my skills and experience and scheduled series of interviews. went through 8 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• All techinical questions, Java, Web Services, Algorithims, data base related, application performance improvement etc. Its all one on one interviews   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I applied online via the career website and was contacted by the Recruiter about a week later. The process consisted of an initial phone interview with the Recruiter, then HM, and finally on-site interviews with the team in their Foster City office. The entire process took about 4 weeks. Behavioral based interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I dropped a resume at the career fair. Talked to a manager at the career fair and he kept my resume and told me he would contact me soon. I was contacted a few days later for an on site interview with an engineer. Standard process of exchanging introductions and a technical interview

Interview Questions

• If you have student names and test scores return the k students who scored the highest   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

My interview was conducted over the phone and consisted of purely technical questions. The interviewer spoke softly and had a rather thick accent, which I don't hold against him but ultimately made every one of his utterances extremely difficult to understand. After this interview I was explicitly told that I'd be contacted with my results within 3 weeks, but Visa neglected to ever contact me. On top of this, Visa seems to have no consistency in how they conduct their interviews. I say this because I personally know people that had Visa phone interviews around the same time that I did, but their experiences were drastically easier and favored behavioral questions over technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe Euclid's Algorithm and provide some of its real world applications.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a hash function and a secure hash function, and how would you go about altering a hash function to make it secure?   Answer Question