Visa Inc.

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Web Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I was contacted through a college recruiter whom I had spoke with before. Then I was set up with a phone interview and it was just a phone screen. The person I spoke with was the manager I would've been working under. He was very nice and in this phone screen there were no technical questions, he just wanted to know what I had previously worked on.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions, such as working with groups and describe your most recent and proud projects   Answer Question

New Grad Program Interview

Interview process extremely disorganized and constantly left in the dark. I attended a career fair and talked to a recruiter about my interest in the New Grad Program. I had already applied on my school's career site. She calls me that night inviting me in for an early interview to see if I would be a good fit. I go in for that interview, which went very well, and talked to 2 people who had very little knowledge of the program itself. Not sure why I was speaking to them in the first place. I also wasn't sure if the early interview was a pre-screen or an actual first round interview; this was not made clear to me at all. After that, I was not kept informed of the timeline and was basically left out to dry, confused as to where I was in the process.

I emailed the recruiter I spoke to for a follow up but the email bounced. After checking LinkedIn, I find that the recruiter had left Visa right in the middle of recruitment season for another job. She had been at Visa for only 5 months before jumping ship... again, a horrible reflection of Visa. It must be terrible to work there.

I interviewed with Visa the year before as well for an internship but declined the second round interview because I had already accepted another offer. They took 2 months to get back to me between the first and second round. Extremely disappointing. Visa has a terrible recruitment team and if the HR team reflects on the company at all, it's not somewhere I would like to work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, purely conversational and getting to know your personality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Called for a face to face interview by the hiring manager. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes. Asked questions both technical and behavioral. The interviewee was very friendly and explained in detail the teams that I would be a match for.

Interview Questions
    • Related to my resume and some concepts in network security   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Applied through the campus career service center. Received an email saying I received an interview. Had a 1 to 1 interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers were extremely nice and made the environment feel fairly relaxed.

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

all day interview with 5-7people. After that the manager has to write an essay to justify the person he wants to bring in. The write up is then reviewed by a number of top executives which can take 2-4 months until you hear back

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I was granted an interview through the referral program. Their new offices are very nice and modern and located on the 3rd floor. Met with 4 different decision makers in the company. They ask behavioral questions and judge how compatible you will be with the team. Casual type atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions are about multitasking and how you access it.   Answer Question

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Contacted by Visa and invited for a 1st round of onsite interviews at Visa's Foster City HQ Thought I did well in the interviews but after a 4 week gap of complete silence assumed they weren't interested (ok, fair enough, perhaps I didn't do as well as I'd thought).

Out of the blue receive a surprise invitation to come back for a 2nd round to interview with a SVP and 2 others -- also thought I'd done well. However, apparently not. Another 4 weeks pass by.

Finally hear back and am asked to come in for a 3rd round of interviews, this time including an EVP.

After those interviews, zip. No follow-up, no updates, no response to emails or phone messages. Crickets.

Interview Questions
    • How can we improve our recruiting process?   View Answer

New Graduate Development Program Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in November 2014.

I first had a phone screen with recruiter, then two phone interviews with hiring managers (back to back), and was then flown out to Foster City for Super Day interviews (which included dinner, networking, four 1:1 interviews). The recruiters were very friendly and lovely to work with and all my interviews were positive. They really phrased much of the interviews as a get-to-know-you, why-Visa, why-NGDP process, and less as a test. I had maybe two non-behavioral questions throughout the whole process. I had a short case question in one of my two phone interviews with hiring managers, and one on Super Day, but it wasn't really anything I could have prepared for. They just want to know how you think and why you're interested in working for Visa!

Interview Questions
    • Why Visa? What type of company culture are you looking for - startup or corporate?   Answer Question
    Didn't negotiate, very generous offer.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. in November 2014.

Visa was at a career fair I attended, and they had a signup sheet for an on-campus interview the next day. I signed up, showed up to the interview, and talked to the engineer. The interview was a mix of very basic technical questions, very stereotypical behavioral questions, and a software design question. I didn't hear back from them after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given hardware that can read the state of a spinning disk, which can take states red, green, or blue, design an API for users to be able to interface with the hardware.   Answer Question

Staff QA Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I had around more than 10 Round of Interview all are 1 :1 with the team and hiring manager.. its an excellent Hiring process they are having.