Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Resume selected from school career fair. 2 phone calls (technical) and 1 HR. Took around 2-3 weeks max. The manager that i would work under called first and then the senior vice president of the team.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Highlands Ranch, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Highlands Ranch, CO).

Interview

Interview process was technical one was telephonic and other round is in person.They took long time for back ground process.3 guyz took interview and among that one guy was completely on technical side of asp.net,MVC4,WCF,Linq,Entity Frameowork.........................................................................

Negotiation

NA

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

One on-campus interview and three phone interviews. Questions were entirely behavioral, and the interviewers will expect you to have a basic knowledge of the payments industry and to have some good questions about the company. Was asked to recall experiences that demonstrated the skills they were looking for and asked how I would handle various conflicts. Interviewers were very friendly and the process was more of a two-sided conversation than an interrogation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you have a deadline coming up and you don't think you will make the deadline?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centennial, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Centennial, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Group Interview with 3 department leaders. Interview set up by recruiter. Manager lead the interview with other staff asking technical questions. Was casual and low key in format with questions regarding project management and ability to lead.

Production Services Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Herndon, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I had two one hour phone interviews that were very informal. The two female interviewers were in Colorado. The job I applied for is in Virginia. They were both extremely nice and easy to talk to. There were no technical questions, only personality and aptitude questions. At the conclusion of the second interview I was told I would hear something in about a week. However, I called the recruiter later that day, or possibly the next, and he informed me that the decision had been made and I would receive my offer letter via email within a couple days. They didn't waste any time. What took the longest was the background investigation, which I was not expecting to be so thorough.

Interview Questions

• They gave me the opportunity to talk as long as I wanted to try to sell myself and convince them to hire me.   Answer Question
    • I was asked why I wanted to work at VISA.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered what I was asking for. It was as simple as that.

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I had 2 interviews over the phone along with a Skype video conference. My initial meeting was with the recruiter followed up by 2 calls/meetings with management. The end of the process was dealing with recruiter who was very helpful and always took the time to answer my questions. There was a background check at the end, but it didn't take very long to get verified and approved. Most of the post interview information was submitted through a rather simple online interface.

Interview Questions

• Very informal, mostly just about myself and my background. There were only a couple typical interview questions, management appears to value their employees. No "gotcha" questions.   1 Answer

IT Auditor Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Very intense. Met with 7-8 people over the whole day. They did spring for lunch. Mostly a personality fit type interview. Not especially technical. About 30 minutes per individual. Was very professional though tiring.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a difficult client?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Conference calls, very basic questions. Not technical at all besides only 2 questions. Wanted to really just hear about my background and also asked situation based questions. Had 2 different phone interviews. Interviews were with network and project admins.

Na Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Case study questions are when candidates are given a situation, or case, in which they will be asked to prioritize, analyze and ultimately draw conclusions and/or make recommendations. They are intended to assess how a candidate will perform in a scenario that is relevant to the position. Cases may involve qualitative and quantitative questions, as well as real-world business situations. The focus of case study interviewing is to explore the candidate’s problem-solving and analytical abilities, as well as to evaluate a candidate’s fit with Visa’s key criteria.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Four rounds. First: Initial HR phone screen (15-30 min.)-Easy. Second: Hiring manager phone screen (30-45 min)- Easy. Third: Department lead phone screen (30-45 min.)- Easy. Fourth: In-Person/VTC Interview- Three separate interviews (120 min.)- Moderate, included case studies. Consulting experience is key. Major phone interviews are important to build rapport for final interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: Marketing campaign performance was analyzed for a specific merchant in a specific location. Results are displayed here with noticeable dips where there should be lifts. What could explain these dips? What would be your recommendation to make them into lifts?   Answer Question