Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I applied online via the career website and was contacted by the Recruiter about a week later. The process consisted of an initial phone interview with the Recruiter, then HM, and finally on-site interviews with the team in their Foster City office. The entire process took about 4 weeks. Behavioral based interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

My interview was conducted over the phone and consisted of purely technical questions. The interviewer spoke softly and had a rather thick accent, which I don't hold against him but ultimately made every one of his utterances extremely difficult to understand. After this interview I was explicitly told that I'd be contacted with my results within 3 weeks, but Visa neglected to ever contact me. On top of this, Visa seems to have no consistency in how they conduct their interviews. I say this because I personally know people that had Visa phone interviews around the same time that I did, but their experiences were drastically easier and favored behavioral questions over technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe Euclid's Algorithm and provide some of its real world applications.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a hash function and a secure hash function, and how would you go about altering a hash function to make it secure?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I dropped a resume at the career fair. Talked to a manager at the career fair and he kept my resume and told me he would contact me soon. I was contacted a few days later for an on site interview with an engineer. Standard process of exchanging introductions and a technical interview

Interview Questions

• If you have student names and test scores return the k students who scored the highest   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2015.

Interview

This is a phone interview. I submit the resume through university career fair. The interviewer called me and introduced visa then go through me resume and ask me some questions about my project and in the end, give me a coding test.

Interview Questions

• //A program to find the sum of contiguous subarray within a one-dimensional array of numbers which has the largest sum.
      //{-2, 3, 3, -1, -2, 1, 5, -3}
      //{2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5, 3}

1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Very relaxed, laid back. Was asked about experience, past interactions with groups, and some brain teasers. Interview process was mainly behavioral however there were some technical questions. Emphasis was placed more heavily upon if you would be a good fit for the company. Overall I found the interview process enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled group members who were hard to work with?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

The interview process began with a phone screen and then an in-person interview. In the in-person interview I sat down with several staff members. The team was extremely friendly. The were very transparent about the challenges and opportunities with the role and the department. The whole interview process felt very conversational not transactional. Seemed like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

First, a telephonic interview mostly dealing with algorithms and data structures, in a language of your choice, as mentioned in Resume.
    My preference was Java.
    The Interview went on for about 45 mins, it was more like discussion where the interviewer expected you to know how hashtables work, if hashtables are the best data structure for the given situation.

Most think it is, but we need to talk about conflicts and conflict resolution.

Alternate data structures like trees should be considered.

The second round was an online quiz test. Depending upon ur degree, the difficulty of the quiz is determined I believe.

Didnt go as I had wanted. Few questions were on data structures, mcqs. Then two coding questions.
    One was straightforward, required efficient use of a data structure. Second question was unexpectedly on dynamic programming which I was not able to code.

Imp - Be very very familiar with the hackerrank environment. They allow you to code in your IDE and you can later copy paste into the browser, but make sure you are properly reading the input. Secondly, make sure you submit the answer, even if its wrong or incomplete.

Interview Questions

• Can I use hash tables all the time for fast search operations ?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

It was pretty easy. General architectural questions. Explained server technologies and general coding approaches to them. I did it on the phone and then spent a week being evaluated on the job as I began working. Which I prefer anyway. Showed them how I coded, how much I knew about servers and shell scripting and how I did at setting up other technologies for them and for the project. They also were evaluating how I interacted with a team.

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to do certain frameworks?   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Lubbock, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email after I had submitted my resume online. They asked for my availability and an appointment was made. A phone interview was conducted and the next week I received a call informing me I got the job! The directors were very friendly and helpful. They did not ask questions to catch you off guard or trick you. They genuinely wanted to know what I could bring to the table and what they could help teach me. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• How does technical communication skills translate over to systems analysis?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Took 1 month from the date of application until the initial contact. Phone interview was setup then which included Advanced Data Structures Questions and some questions from the resume. Was invited to a online coding challenge which included 4 MCQ's and 2 Programming questions and they were not so hard. Two days Later invited to On-site which had 3 1hr interviews with Hiring managers from different team. Questions from Basic programming/Algorithms and some design questions. Overall if you know basic concepts well, it would be relatively easy to crack.

Interview Questions

• Some DB commands which included Inner joins and some design questions.   1 Answer