Visa Inc.

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I met them at a career fair and they scheduled an interview within two days. The first round was technical, and asked some pretty simple questions. There were two more such interviews, one that assessed general problem solving and the other emphasizing coding (some questions were a bit challenging). The last round was a behavioral interview, but had easy questions overall.

Software Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Submitted my application online through my college career site and got the interview. Asked me some conceptual questions and 1 technical question. Interview process was good however the recruiter did not seem very organized.

Interview Questions
    • What does the garbage collector do in Java?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

I applied online and was called for an in-person interview. I talked to an HR rep over the phone and one of the hiring managers in person. He asked mainly behavioral questions, but was very condescending. He looked at my resume as well and asked questions based on activities and skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name an example of a time you displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interviewed with them and never heard back about what would happen next, even after sending an email two weeks later and then another a month later. Would have preferred being told I didn't get the job or that I was still being considered, but months later I still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Various questions on my classes, what I wanted to do, and what the job was.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Was interviewed for the 1st round. Got a call from career fair. The interview was scheduled at the university itself. Didn't get any further calls. Received a mail about reject.

Interview Questions
    • Given two link list find whether they are connected or not.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

Had a phone interview at first. After that I was called in for an in-person interview. Was asked typical interview questions by two gentleman who genuinely loved their jobs.

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

Met the recruiter at an on campus career fair. Had an on campus interview with the head of the team that I applied to be a part of the next day. Recruiter was very friendly and provided helpful hints throughout the interview. Got a very prompt response approximately two days after the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

Approached through university career fair. Got call for an interview for two days later. Interview was overall resume based. Asked about most interesting thing I have done in computer science since I was introduced to computers. Mostly emphasized on getting to know my profile.

Interview Questions
    • Project that I did other than for academics that I am proud of.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc..

After information sessions at school, had interview about new graduate development program. Interview itself was not too difficult, although job description and conversation about required skills were very general. Did not ask too difficult questions, and in general very relaxing interview.

Software Engineer - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2015.

First round: technical phone interview with software engineer
    Second round: code assessment online (4 multiple choice, 2 programming questions)
    Third round: onsite interview with three rounds, half technical half behavioral

The most technical was the phone interview, the least was the onsite. Asked basic data structure/algorithm questions, some thread/IPC questions.

Interview Questions
    • Write an algorithm to print out all of the possible solutions for a^3 + b^3 = c^3 + d^3   Answer Question