Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015

2.8

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (London, England (UK)) in July 2009.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 separate 1 hour interviews with HR and with 2 members of senior management. It was clear they were going through the motions despite me having the exact qualifications and experience to move in to this position. No feedback was given to HR by the 2 senior managers, HR took 6 weeks to notify me that I had not passed to the second round and their criteria for selection who went to the second round were based on one person only - very poor technique and very amateurish.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

My interview was conducted over the phone and consisted of purely technical questions. The interviewer spoke softly and had a rather thick accent, which I don't hold against him but ultimately made every one of his utterances extremely difficult to understand. After this interview I was explicitly told that I'd be contacted with my results within 3 weeks, but Visa neglected to ever contact me. On top of this, Visa seems to have no consistency in how they conduct their interviews. I say this because I personally know people that had Visa phone interviews around the same time that I did, but their experiences were drastically easier and favored behavioral questions over technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe Euclid's Algorithm and provide some of its real world applications.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a hash function and a secure hash function, and how would you go about altering a hash function to make it secure?   Answer Question

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three rounds in total and all three were technical hadoop related rounds. they were friendly and well prepared questions. Each round consisted of having to explain previous use cases. Questions about Spark, Hbase, Impala , Hive, Sqoop and Pig were asked in all the rounds. Overall a very good interview experience.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied for Staff Software Engineer position online using VISA carreers site. Got call from recruiter after 1 week. Talked briefly about my skills and experience and scheduled series of interviews. went through 8 rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

• All techinical questions, Java, Web Services, Algorithims, data base related, application performance improvement etc. Its all one on one interviews   1 Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Bangalore (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was very streamlined. I had five rounds in one day. It included Technical, Aptitude, and HR discussion. The Manager and HR people were polite during the process and all my questions were satisfactorily answered.

Interview Questions

• What were the challenges you faced during your previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You have to accept the fixed compensation they have.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

Interview

I gave them my resume at a seminar hosted by them. They called me back about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. It's a very technical phone interview that you really must prepare for, or at least with the engineer I was set up with.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview contained a lot of questions about the mobile device I coded a lot of my side projects on, a lot of them would be difficult questions for an inexperienced mobile developer, so you must really know the architecture of that if that's where you interview revolves around.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Ended up accepting my offer and enjoy the work I am doing now, however, the interview process itself was the worst I have experienced. The interview process took months and I interviewed with a total of 8 different people before I was finally given an offer. Luckily, I was employed at the time, but if that is a normal length of time to extend an offer, then Visa is going to lose some very qualified candidates who do not have the luxury to wait.

Interview Questions

• For the majority of my interviews, it was directed more towards my personality and past work experience. One of the interviews was a bit harder in the sense that it was more technical and the interviewer was unpleasant.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Miami, FL) in September 2013.

Interview

As normal as any other employer. You must really be quealified, but it works better if you someone in the organization, that can put you in contact with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• I need to increase penetration in LAC, how can you help me?   Answer Question

Senior Copywriter and Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Saw job f/t staff position posted in June 2013. 45 min phone interview set up by HR. Went well, at end told job not being filled til end of summer. Contacted HR every 3 wks agout it. Got call in DEC. asking for interview. 7 interviews in 2 visits - incl. 1 that hadn't been scheduled.

Negotiation

Bait-and switch. 6 mos after phone interview, and after 2 visits and 7 interviews for a STAFF position, my boss-to-be called and said "good news! we want to hire you!" gave me details, then said "oh, by the way, you'll be on contract for the first 3 months, then staff, ok?" Then offered me 14% less than at my previous job, too. I wanted a staff position and they'd strung me along for 6 months. Really on the spot so I said yes, figuring I'd do the 3 months and convert. After 3 months, they offered me another 3 month contract. (no benefits at all, no training, not invited to all-staff meetings, etc..) I bolted.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Self-description, several behaviorals like your toughest challenge, a time of leadership, greatest weakness, and several market sizing questions.