Visa Inc.

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.8

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2009.

Interview consisted of 3 separate 1 hour interviews with HR and with 2 members of senior management. It was clear they were going through the motions despite me having the exact qualifications and experience to move in to this position. No feedback was given to HR by the 2 senior managers, HR took 6 weeks to notify me that I had not passed to the second round and their criteria for selection who went to the second round were based on one person only - very poor technique and very amateurish.

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2011.

Done through the phone. Asked about Object-Oriented Analysis and Design principles. Questions about C# for ASP.NET and SQL Server scripting

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What was the hardest challenge you had faced as a developer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2011.

phone followed by one on one

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2012.

more technical on java

more on core java

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2009.

It took about a month from my application for me to be scheduled for an interview. The interviewer was obviously in a rush, and had a lot of difficult questions, some of which were related to the skills necessary for the job, others totally unrelated. At the same time they were also very professional, and answered all of my questions honestly and openly. I was then told to contact HR for the feedback or any other questions about the position or the process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to get 100 Christmas trees unloaded on your door step in the middle of July, what would you do with them?   View Answers (3)

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2009.

Phone interview with HR, then met three senior business leaders 1on1

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a risk-based capital allocation methodology   Answer Question

Business Leader Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2009.

interview process was really fast and really professional. human resoeurces moved quickley trhou therpcoess and had the opportunity to interwview not only with hiring manager, but peers and heas of the area. offer came back after 3 weeks an two rounds of interviews.

Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2009.

The phone interview was held and the recruiter called four days later to schedule one on one interview. The one on one was held and the decision was made 4 days later through the recruiter. The phone interview was about skill set and background, the technical questions

Interview Questions
    • Describe your recent systems experience   Answer Question
    • Explain a problem you experienced and the setps you took to correct it   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2010.

Initial communications were average and recruiters were generally responsive. Details regarding job position were not available until the day of the interview, which was problematic when conducting background research.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2010.

It was a very long interview process that required many conversions with multiple people at all levels of the organization. It gave me the opportunity to really think about my decision to change career paths. There seems to be a lot of internal communication between multiple areas to make decisions.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you the right person for this job.   View Answer
    • what do you know about the company and the services.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.