Visa Inc.

2.8

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2014.

Though campus recruitment. Talked with the campus recruiter in the on-campus career fair and got a quick interview a day after. Most questions are behavioral questions. I don't think I behave really well...so...

Interview Questions
    • I didn't prepare very well on the question, "describe the biggest challenge you've encountered and how you dealt with it".   Answer Question

New Grad Program Interview

Interview process extremely disorganized and constantly left in the dark. I attended a career fair and talked to a recruiter about my interest in the New Grad Program. I had already applied on my school's career site. She calls me that night inviting me in for an early interview to see if I would be a good fit. I go in for that interview, which went very well, and talked to 2 people who had very little knowledge of the program itself. Not sure why I was speaking to them in the first place. I also wasn't sure if the early interview was a pre-screen or an actual first round interview; this was not made clear to me at all. After that, I was not kept informed of the timeline and was basically left out to dry, confused as to where I was in the process.

I emailed the recruiter I spoke to for a follow up but the email bounced. After checking LinkedIn, I find that the recruiter had left Visa right in the middle of recruitment season for another job. She had been at Visa for only 5 months before jumping ship... again, a horrible reflection of Visa. It must be terrible to work there.

I interviewed with Visa the year before as well for an internship but declined the second round interview because I had already accepted another offer. They took 2 months to get back to me between the first and second round. Extremely disappointing. Visa has a terrible recruitment team and if the HR team reflects on the company at all, it's not somewhere I would like to work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, purely conversational and getting to know your personality.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

all day interview with 5-7people. After that the manager has to write an essay to justify the person he wants to bring in. The write up is then reviewed by a number of top executives which can take 2-4 months until you hear back

Senior Software Engineer Interview

good analytic skills required and need very deep knowledge on JAVA, Spring and hibernates. Collections, Multithreading and JVM process will be helpful. Work experience challenges and how was it resolved and whats your part in it.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I was granted an interview through the referral program. Their new offices are very nice and modern and located on the 3rd floor. Met with 4 different decision makers in the company. They ask behavioral questions and judge how compatible you will be with the team. Casual type atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions are about multitasking and how you access it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Not difficult, all basic questions. There are two interviews. One is with the HR and the other one is with the manager. Most of the questions are basic questions like describe your past project experience or work experience.

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Contacted by Visa and invited for a 1st round of onsite interviews at Visa's Foster City HQ Thought I did well in the interviews but after a 4 week gap of complete silence assumed they weren't interested (ok, fair enough, perhaps I didn't do as well as I'd thought).

Out of the blue receive a surprise invitation to come back for a 2nd round to interview with a SVP and 2 others -- also thought I'd done well. However, apparently not. Another 4 weeks pass by.

Finally hear back and am asked to come in for a 3rd round of interviews, this time including an EVP.

After those interviews, zip. No follow-up, no updates, no response to emails or phone messages. Crickets.

Interview Questions
    • How can we improve our recruiting process?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

I have applied for software engineer role through their portal.Got a call from HR after a week.

Total there are 6 rounds(one telephonic , Two technical , one coding and two with manager and delivery manager

Interview Questions
    • First round was a Telephonic round (Basic java ,Threads).

Followed by 2 technical rounds(Topics covered are Data Structures,Threads,Design Patterns, S/w Dev Life cycle) and one coding round.

For coding round they will give you a laptop and an editor (Eclipse)

Basically in coding round they will give 3 questions
      1.Basic logic's like fibonacci series
      2.Algorithms (Searching , Sorting etc)
      3.Threads ( producer consumer Problem ,Dinning etc)

Followed by two HR rounds.

TO DO's :
      1)Get well versed with Threads.(they concentrate more on this)

2)In coding round if you don't know logic to any of the question don't give a blank paper.
      (try to solve it ,write more comments )

3)Have a good understanding of DS(linked list ,hash map etc) and their time complexities.

4)HR rounds are treated more important than technical rounds.Make sure you are well prepared with below questions

why are you leaving your current company? (This is a killer question ,even if you have strong technical skills you may simply lose offer because of this questions.The best and safe answer would be to say 'Looking for new Challenges' but be ready for subsequent question followed by that question. )

5) DONT TRY TO IMPRESS manager or delivery manager with larger than life answers :)

Make sure your answers cross the bar rather than looking for 99 marks out of 100.
        Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2012.

Visa reached out to me via LinkedIn and scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview took less than a half hour and I was asked to come in and speak in person. The in person meeting seemed to go well and I was interviewed by three different people.

I was told they would make a decision by the end of the week and they did not get back to me or respond to my calls. The least they could've done is respond and let me know they went in a different directin.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

Got an interview through a school career fair. The woman I talked to was very nice and offered me an interview the same day. The recruiters were the ones that interviewed all students.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral. A few were basic C/C++ questions   Answer Question