Visa Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in December 2010.

Interview Details – Have mastery of the full project life cycle from Initiation through delivery. Be able to identify each phase in a traditional project life cycle, entrance criteria for each phase, deliverables to be produced by the phase, and significant milestones and exit criteria. Have mastery of project financial management including estimating, forecasting, and financial/run rate tracking.

Interview Question – Situational questions will be asked. In other words, being able to accurately answer a question(s) will not be sufficient. You will need to relate a prior professional experience that illuminates or informs your answer to a question. Example: What is your approach to problem solving? Provide an example of how you applied this approach when solving a significant project problem in a prior work situation.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was needed as I liked the offer.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2010.

Interview Details – Referred to Visa by existing employee as part of employee referral program. Despite the inside assistance, I was not contacted by HR for 2 months. HR moves at glacial pace. It took regular follow-up calls by my contact to secure initial phone interview. HR asked basic questions and had me walk through last few positions, reasons for leaving, job challenges. It took 4 more weeks to schedule separate on-site interviews with hiring manager and his boss. A few more weeks passed before I was extended an offer. Visa likes to bring people in low and tout their "talent management" process for advancement. Fact is they bring you in low so you can get promoted to the level you had previously in about 3 years. The pay will be better so if you don't mind a lousy title with a decent salary you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you had with a client and how you turned it around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR is generally unyielding on title and salary. They will tout benefits (good) and facility amenities i.e.,gym, cafeteria. Be prepared to get very little over initial offer but definitely push back.

Very Easy Interview

Director (Miami) Interview

Director (Miami)
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed online mid-April and received a call from Human Resources the end of April. I was emailed to interview the next morning and two phone interviews the following week. By the end of the 1st 1:1 interview I was alerted by their system that the position had been filled. Then I recieved a call stating that the position was closed the night before. There was a major disconnect or they did not want to tell me that I did not make it to the next round of interviews which had already been scheduled.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions.   View Answer

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer

Interviewed at Visa Inc.

Interview Details – Simple. Phone screen and then you come in and implement a simple programming challenge that requires html, css, js knowledge. They provide the computer. they are looking to see how well you know web standards, accessibility, and so on.

Interview Question – They asked as to accessibility implications of my html markup choices.   Answer Question

User Experience Intern Interview

User Experience Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – I had 4 interviews total--one interview on campus with a recruiter, who discussed the issues Visa deals with in UX, and then asked me a technical question. After that, the recruiter sent my resume out to multiple hiring managers, who scheduled me for three phone interviews over the course of the next month and a half. Each of the phone interviews were 1:1 and mostly discussing my resume/portfolio, the work I did, and how I did it. I explained my process and what skills I used for each project. Some of the interviews were more technical, and others were more focused on my visual design skills.

Interview Question – Why did you choose the colors for this project that you did?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 3 month contract with possibilities of extension. There was a phone interview for 30 min and then the offer came in 3 hours. They did not extend and I found myself again in the job market.

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – 5 email back and forth and two behavioral interviews. Basic questions, good things, bad things, succesful proyect, failed project. etc

Interview Question – what is the earths diameter   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer at walmart.

Business Associate Interview

Business Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2013.

Interview Details – First Round Interview consisted of 2 separate 1 on 1 interviews. Each interview lasted 30 minutes and was split between a business case/ behavioral. The case questions were not very challenging and the interviewers did not expect you to give numbers. The behavioral questions consisted of a Why Visa? question, general questions about resume, and personal questions about College experiences.

Interview Question – Business case regarding Visa's expansion into Canadian Market.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – On campus interview opportunity. This interview felt more like a screen. Interviewer went over my resume, and the basic things like that. No challenging questions. This was a basic first step, and the interviewer said that they'll be in touch.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring took a while. I got in the pipeline early but was OK with the gaps in communication as it gave me time to explore my options. I felt the questions were appropriate and the background on the company's pros and cons were direct and accurate. I felt the type and number of people I met with were appropriate.

Interview Question – You have done this before so why do you want to do it again?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I countered on salary, signon and start date. Nothing crazy. I got what I asked for on the first two. 50% of getting what is want is asking!