Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.8

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at the career fair. She emailed me a month later to schedule an OCR with a senior Enginer and the head director of engineering. I was interviewed on school for an hour and they were super nice. A week later HR called me and told me that I was accepted as an intern at visa. They gave me a relocating fee which was really generous.

Interview Questions

• How many times does the big hand and the small hand pass in 24 hours?   1 Answer
    • What term do you use to describe the repetition of developing and testing over and over?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I met them at a career fair and they scheduled an interview within two days. The first round was technical, and asked some pretty simple questions. There were two more such interviews, one that assessed general problem solving and the other emphasizing coding (some questions were a bit challenging). The last round was a behavioral interview, but had easy questions overall.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

contacted by recruiter for an on campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes with all behavior questions. I have a good chat with them, the interviewers were friendly and nice. After I answered their questions, they gave me 5 minutes for asking about them. 1 month later, I got an email saying that I was not considered for the internship

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 1 phone screen interview from HR and 1 phone interview from a Director.
    Then there was 1 hacker rank challenge.
    If everything is successful, they invite you for a Onsite interview.
    There were 3 one-one interviews on Onsite
    They take a lot of time after you attend the onsite interview to deliver the result.

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews are based on your resume.
      hackerrank is simple if you keep practising on the hackerrank platform
      2 onsite interviews are problem solving on Linked List, BST, System design , String
      One onsite interview with a person on various technologies you worked and what they expect

2 Answers

Negotiation

I guess Visa is growing its technology stack with a lot of young people. To be ahead of competitors they offer very good package which is considered one of the best.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2015.

Interview

I was told interview process would be two weeks but it took two months. Interview process was long, HR was unorganized. I had a phone screen by HR. Phone interview with Senior analyst. Panel interview with director and VP. Interviews went well everyone was really nice. I was told by the hiring manager a decision would be made quickly, but I never heard back. At least have the common courtesy after a long process to inform the applicant they did not get the job offer.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three rounds in total and all three were technical hadoop related rounds. they were friendly and well prepared questions. Each round consisted of having to explain previous use cases. Questions about Spark, Hbase, Impala , Hive, Sqoop and Pig were asked in all the rounds. Overall a very good interview experience.

Software Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Submitted my application online through my college career site and got the interview. Asked me some conceptual questions and 1 technical question. Interview process was good however the recruiter did not seem very organized.

Interview Questions

• What does the garbage collector do in Java?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I applied online and was called for an in-person interview. I talked to an HR rep over the phone and one of the hiring managers in person. He asked mainly behavioral questions, but was very condescending. He looked at my resume as well and asked questions based on activities and skills.

Interview Questions

• Name an example of a time you displayed leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Software Engineer - New Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

First round: technical phone interview with software engineer
    Second round: code assessment online (4 multiple choice, 2 programming questions)
    Third round: onsite interview with three rounds, half technical half behavioral

The most technical was the phone interview, the least was the onsite. Asked basic data structure/algorithm questions, some thread/IPC questions.

Interview Questions

• Write an algorithm to print out all of the possible solutions for a^3 + b^3 = c^3 + d^3   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Interview

Was interviewed for the 1st round. Got a call from career fair. The interview was scheduled at the university itself. Didn't get any further calls. Received a mail about reject.

Interview Questions

• Given two link list find whether they are connected or not.   Answer Question