Visa Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – Telephonic and In-person (f2f)
first round is more technical and 2nd is more of my exp and roles

Staff QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Onsite interview - 3 round of interview, 1 - managerial interview

Interview Question – Java, Automation related, SQL queries, Unix/Linux, etc.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – had 2 phone screen and one face to face interview.The process was smooth

Interview Question – Java questions , SOAP REST web services,WSDL etc   Answer Question

Corporate Reputation Intern Interview

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online through my college career website. I was contacted by phone to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes of get-to-know me and my interest in the position. Questions were about my leadership experience, a time I overcame a problem in a work or school situation, something I was proud of, and other similar questions. Then I was contacted by phone to schedule an on-site interview at the Redwood City office. I was supposed to meet with three individuals, one executive and two other people with the company. Only one of the people was actually in the office. The other two interviews were over the phone in their conference room. Each interview was about 30 minute long. I was then escorted out of the building. I later received an email saying I did not get the position.

Interview Question – What do you think the next big social media platform will be?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a response pretty quickly from HR. Had an initial conversation with the hiring manager, mostly around what type of work I had been doing. Then talk to four people on the phone in one day as a final interview. I got the offer without going onsite, as I was out of state. Visa is just starting to build up its analytics department, so the level of sophistication still levels something to be desired.

Interview Question – Simple break-even analysis   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are so many more rigorous places in the Bay Area. The pay and career development / mentoring dimensions of this job were pretty lacking.

Senior Director Global Information Security Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of people in very little time. All had different visions for what the position needed to do... should have recognized as a possible red flag.

Interview Question – How would you structure Information Risk Governance? (When I was being hired as an individual contributor and not the leader of the IRG group.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a very good first offer, so there was almost nothing to negotiate.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Treasury Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – I started as a temp, and the Treasury Manager kept renewing my contract. When a job became open, I interviewed with the managers I already knew from temping. It was more a formality than anything, and was an easy process. Since, I have interviewed for other jobs within the company, without the luxury of knowing the manager. Nothing was too intense, just the general questions one would expect.

Interview Question – Usually the hardest question is "why do you want to work here?" You have to know what makes the place great, and what the manager likes/doesn't like about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I was hired, I didn't negotiate, there was a salary for the job and I accepted.

Talent Acquisition, Senior Recruiter Interview

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Well tuned hiring procedure, properly detailed and not overly stretched out. Interview experience was generally respectful and mutually informative. Hiring manager was well informed and personable. The process included meeting 4 members of the team and others in the HR organization.

Business Leader Interview

Business Leader

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Two interviews - one with the direct manager in the US over the phone, and the other with the local site manager face-to-face. The one with the US manager was very brief - some questions on my work experience and CV, the rest of the time spent on explaining what is required from the role. With the local site manager, it was a longer interview but again, less time spent on work experience and more time on explaining the team structure. Some situational questions but nothing too challenging. Much easier interview process compared to International Banks.

Interview Question – How did you deal with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is some room for salary negotiation, but very little - Visa relies a lot on its brand name to attract people, and salaries offered are generally at market rate already.

Business Leader Interview

Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – 4 rounds of interviews with hiring manager, peers, other functional SMEs - included 2 different presentations. Took about 3 weeks all-in.

Interview Question – Case study on related subject matter   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Minimal, they offered some additional sign-on.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Visa Inc.