Visa Inc.

186 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Staff Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Interview process at VISA is really conducted in a professional manner. Though its bit slow but its detailed and you will have the feel that you are being interviewed for Tier 1 company. have patience and improve your professional and technical knowledge to get thru... Good Luck.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Hired through HR firm, set up interview with Visa manager, one 20 minute interview

Interview Question – Just general life and work experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, hourly base pay was already set before interview began.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Unix Engineer Interview

Senior Unix Engineer
Ashburn, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred to Visa by a staffing agency who accurately matched my skills with the position. I was given an initial screening interview by phone conducted by a member of HR and the technical manager for whom I'd be working for. The HR person was decidedly non-technical and worked from a script of generic technical sounding questions (e.g. "What is TCP/IP used for?"). The technical manager was busy with other work and chose not to participate in the actual interview - he put us on mute and was not heard from until the end of the call when he announced he had no questions to ask.

I never had an on-site interview.

I never talked to anyone I'd be working with.

I was never told what office I'd be working in.

I was never told what I'd be doing on a daily basis.

A week later I was contacted by the staffing agency to let me know Visa was offering me the position.

Interview Question – The most unexpected part of the interview was the fact that I was never actually interviewed by anyone connected to my position nor anyone I would be working for or with. I was hired literally sight unseen.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a very generous hourly wage which I would have been a fool not to accept.

IT Consultant Interview

IT Consultant

Interviewed at Visa Inc.

Interview Details – Simple straightforward interview process....started with a 30 minute phone interview with the recruiter, followed by an in person interview with the hiring manager, team members weren't available otherwise it would have been a team panel interview. Focus is on behavorial questions and fitting in with the team along with longevity.

Interview Question – What did you dislike least about your last job and company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pre-negotiated as it was a contract and they were very flexible

Consultant Interview

Consultant
San Mateo, CA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – Telephonic and In-person (f2f)
first round is more technical and 2nd is more of my exp and roles

Staff QA Engineer Interview

Staff QA Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Onsite interview - 3 round of interview, 1 - managerial interview

Interview Question – Java, Automation related, SQL queries, Unix/Linux, etc.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

QA Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – had 2 phone screen and one face to face interview.The process was smooth

Interview Question – Java questions , SOAP REST web services,WSDL etc   Answer Question

Corporate Reputation Intern Interview

Corporate Reputation Intern
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online through my college career website. I was contacted by phone to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes of get-to-know me and my interest in the position. Questions were about my leadership experience, a time I overcame a problem in a work or school situation, something I was proud of, and other similar questions. Then I was contacted by phone to schedule an on-site interview at the Redwood City office. I was supposed to meet with three individuals, one executive and two other people with the company. Only one of the people was actually in the office. The other two interviews were over the phone in their conference room. Each interview was about 30 minute long. I was then escorted out of the building. I later received an email saying I did not get the position.

Interview Question – What do you think the next big social media platform will be?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a response pretty quickly from HR. Had an initial conversation with the hiring manager, mostly around what type of work I had been doing. Then talk to four people on the phone in one day as a final interview. I got the offer without going onsite, as I was out of state. Visa is just starting to build up its analytics department, so the level of sophistication still levels something to be desired.

Interview Question – Simple break-even analysis   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are so many more rigorous places in the Bay Area. The pay and career development / mentoring dimensions of this job were pretty lacking.

Senior Director Global Information Security Interview

Senior Director Global Information Security
Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2012.

Interview Details – Lots of people in very little time. All had different visions for what the position needed to do... should have recognized as a possible red flag.

Interview Question – How would you structure Information Risk Governance? (When I was being hired as an individual contributor and not the leader of the IRG group.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a very good first offer, so there was almost nothing to negotiate.