Visa Inc. Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
190 interviews

2.8

QA Engineer Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

had 2 phone screen and one face to face interview.The process was smooth

Corporate Reputation Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Visa Inc..

I submitted my resume online through my college career website. I was contacted by phone to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes of get-to-know me and my interest in the position. Questions were about my leadership experience, a time I overcame a problem in a work or school situation, something I was proud of, and other similar questions. Then I was contacted by phone to schedule an on-site interview at the Redwood City office. I was supposed to meet with three individuals, one executive and two other people with the company. Only one of the people was actually in the office. The other two interviews were over the phone in their conference room. Each interview was about 30 minute long. I was then escorted out of the building. I later received an email saying I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the next big social media platform will be?   Answer Question

Senior Director Global Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2012.

Lots of people in very little time. All had different visions for what the position needed to do... should have recognized as a possible red flag.

Interview Questions
    • How would you structure Information Risk Governance? (When I was being hired as an individual contributor and not the leader of the IRG group.)   Answer Question
    It was a very good first offer, so there was almost nothing to negotiate.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Foster City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

Applied online and got a response pretty quickly from HR. Had an initial conversation with the hiring manager, mostly around what type of work I had been doing. Then talk to four people on the phone in one day as a final interview. I got the offer without going onsite, as I was out of state. Visa is just starting to build up its analytics department, so the level of sophistication still levels something to be desired.

Interview Questions

There are so many more rigorous places in the Bay Area. The pay and career development / mentoring dimensions of this job were pretty lacking.

Treasury Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Visa Inc..

I started as a temp, and the Treasury Manager kept renewing my contract. When a job became open, I interviewed with the managers I already knew from temping. It was more a formality than anything, and was an easy process. Since, I have interviewed for other jobs within the company, without the luxury of knowing the manager. Nothing was too intense, just the general questions one would expect.

Interview Questions
    • Usually the hardest question is "why do you want to work here?" You have to know what makes the place great, and what the manager likes/doesn't like about it.   Answer Question
    When I was hired, I didn't negotiate, there was a salary for the job and I accepted.

Talent Acquisition, Senior Recruiter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Well tuned hiring procedure, properly detailed and not overly stretched out. Interview experience was generally respectful and mutually informative. Hiring manager was well informed and personable. The process included meeting 4 members of the team and others in the HR organization.

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

4 rounds of interviews with hiring manager, peers, other functional SMEs - included 2 different presentations. Took about 3 weeks all-in.

Interview Questions
    Minimal, they offered some additional sign-on.

Business Leader Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Two interviews - one with the direct manager in the US over the phone, and the other with the local site manager face-to-face. The one with the US manager was very brief - some questions on my work experience and CV, the rest of the time spent on explaining what is required from the role. With the local site manager, it was a longer interview but again, less time spent on work experience and more time on explaining the team structure. Some situational questions but nothing too challenging. Much easier interview process compared to International Banks.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question
    There is some room for salary negotiation, but very little - Visa relies a lot on its brand name to attract people, and salaries offered are generally at market rate already.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2010.

Applied through campus career center posting. Contacted by the senior recruiter via email within a week to set up a phone interview. The interview questions focused mainly on what I had on my resume, and how much I knew about the company's business. Within a day or two, they contacted me back to set up a group phone interview with the department manager and his director. The interview was somewhat casual and they seem to enjoy my passionate nature very much. The entire interview went for about 30minutes--mostly on my previous experience (especially outside of academic/school), and once again how much I was familiar with their business (their main revenue source, their competitors, their current marketing direction...etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Where (region/country) do you think does Visa make the most revenue on transaction fee?   Answer Question
    They were generous in covering my transportation cost (airfare & train/metro pass).

New Graduate Development Program Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Applied through campus recruiting, had a first round interview at career center. Two 30 minute interviews: 1 was a three part case question including market sizing and corporate strategy. Second was fit questions that focused a lot on times I had innovated

Interview Questions
    • There was a business case involving market sizing and corporate strategy--unlike with consulting there was no prep or large advance warning. A hard fit question was a time where you realized the old way of doing things didn't work and you had to innovate.   Answer Question