Visa Inc.

2.8

Data Entry Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I worked with a recruiter to secure an interview, so my representative scheduled everything from that perspective. I arrived early, got through security easily, and was able to wait in the lobby prior to the interview. I interviewed with a single person for almost the entire time and had a second interviewer during the last ten minutes. With the first interviewer, the tone was mostly serious and the questions were rapid-fire, but this individual provided a good deal of insight into the position. The second interviewer was more relaxed and asked more general questions, along the lines of "getting to know you". It took about forty-five minutes overall.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I received was, "What do you think you'll be doing in this position?" My recruiter's description of the position was vague and over-simplified compared to what it actually involved. I also interpreted the job posting differently, so I felt caught off-guard by this question.   Answer Question
    The Recruiter handled all salary negotiations. This was frustrating, as they offered no transparency into the actual negotiation and I feel that I was under-compensated based on what other employees were making in lesser-qualified positions.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Quick on the phone first interview, then an in person panel interview, [over three hours], then no contract for three weeks, followed by an offer. The people were basically organized by learning the process.

Insufficent salaruy

New Grad Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

This was for a new grad position in Austin TX. I was called by a recruiter and he set up a 45 min phone interview with a director and manager. It was a mix of technical and analytical questions altogether.

Interview Questions
    • If Mary is currently 50 yrs old and her mother is 76 yrs old. How many years back was her mother 3 times as old as Mary?   View Answer
    • difference between circular, singly and doubly linked lists   Answer Question
    • difference between binary search and serial search and how you would traverse through the list in each case   Answer Question
    • CS fundamentals: trees, data structures, hash tables, algorithms   Answer Question
    • If there is an important project set by upper management that is high priority, and another internal project that has a sooner deadline within the team that is not really known to upper management, what would you work on first??   View Answer

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

1) HR calls & gives a brief background of the position 2) No communication for about 4 weeks before a sudden email from the scheduling team for a phone screen with the hiring manager 3) After the phone screen you will be puzzled by the silence for another 4 weeks after which i got an email on a Saturday morning for my availability for an onsite interview .

One of the most important observations that i had is - the culture seems to be extra casual (rather non existent ) , people are carefree , disinterested and slow . The interviewers were totally not interested in the interview , they were more concerned about where i stay , how i reached the venue etc . This totally turned me off .

Interview Questions
    • There are absolutely no unexpected questions . All are based on the resume   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Interview consisted of two initial phone screenings. One more technical than the other. Then invited to an on-site where I met with two more people. Very technical interviews over network technologies mostly. Last step was another phone screening that was a technical screening of various things from coding to security.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

First round was a phone screen that went on for around half an hour.
    Was called onsite the very next day for 5 one to one rounds that went on for around 2 and half hours.

Interview Questions
    • None. Purely technical and based on what the requirements for the position are.   Answer Question

Implementation Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

The entire process took a little over 4 weeks. I was a referred by an employee and received a call the next day from the recruiter for a brief phone interview. The following week I had a panel interview, which took about 30 mins. The interview was great, everyone was pleasant and professional and very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • What practices or performance improvements did you assist with implementing in your last position?   Answer Question
    I was very pleased with the offer.No negotiation needed

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Pretty standard interview process with the hiring managers. LAC HR recruiter brought a refreshing spin to my interview process, exceptional! Felt challenged and compelled to answer his questions, over all a great process well done Visa!

Interview Questions
    Recruiter outlined expectations from the start no negotiation needed, would have hoped for a bit more but I am very happy with the offer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

VERY GOOD PLANNING AND COMMUNICATION. Started with an initial phone screen that was HR+few Java questions, then a test was picked up from a set of Java online tests, finally a coding round with senior developer.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, simple java code to write method with loops.   Answer Question

Director Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2014.

I interviewed for a position in one of the technology organizations at Foster City. The recruiter was professional throughout the process, and kept me in the loop as much as possible. Everything else left a lot to be desired.

The hiring manager provided minimal communication, and actually took a three week vacation in between interviewing candidates, adding to the already overly long time it took to get a decision - eleven weeks in total.

On-site interviews were based on interviewers asking canned questions from a sheet of paper each had been given. All of them complained about having to ask such questions; some gave up halfway through the list, by which point their disgust at being forced to ask those questions had already crept into the evaluation process. Several interviewers had no idea what else to ask (even after complaining of what they were told to ask). One went as far as telling me that being on the interviewer list was likely a mistake. The process was overly structured and left little room to get to know the organization or for them to get to know me.

Travel coordination for the on-site was terrible. Even though the date for the on-site had been scheduled 10 days in advance, I still did not have travel plans (hotel, airfare) the night before. I was lucky to get a room in the one hotel they do direct billing with. Imagine having to take three days off your current job and not knowing if you are actually flying out to the interviews at 9pm the night before.

I was told repeatedly that I was more than qualified for the position. In the end, no offer was made. Many people comment on how the business is overly bureaucratic; the interview process reflects it. They are trying to modify the way they work to become less so, but for all intents and purposes it looked like they were making things worse. If you consider Visa as a work environment, recognize the issues as you go through the process. It may change your mind as to why you applied in the first place, or at the very least it will prepare you for what you will face if you join them.

Interview Questions
    • No question in particular was more or less difficult or unexpected. It did seem as if the interviewers in general did not have a significant amount of expertise in the questions they were asking. This likely hindered their ability to properly evaluate the interviewee.   Answer Question