Visa Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Senior Business Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).

Interview

Contacted by Visa and invited for a 1st round of onsite interviews at Visa's Foster City HQ Thought I did well in the interviews but after a 4 week gap of complete silence assumed they weren't interested (ok, fair enough, perhaps I didn't do as well as I'd thought).

Out of the blue receive a surprise invitation to come back for a 2nd round to interview with a SVP and 2 others -- also thought I'd done well. However, apparently not. Another 4 weeks pass by.

Finally hear back and am asked to come in for a 3rd round of interviews, this time including an EVP.

After those interviews, zip. No follow-up, no updates, no response to emails or phone messages. Crickets.

Interview Questions

• How can we improve our recruiting process?   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Visa was at a career fair I attended, and they had a signup sheet for an on-campus interview the next day. I signed up, showed up to the interview, and talked to the engineer. The interview was a mix of very basic technical questions, very stereotypical behavioral questions, and a software design question. I didn't hear back from them after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Given hardware that can read the state of a spinning disk, which can take states red, green, or blue, design an API for users to be able to interface with the hardware.   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was granted an interview through the referral program. Their new offices are very nice and modern and located on the 3rd floor. Met with 4 different decision makers in the company. They ask behavioral questions and judge how compatible you will be with the team. Casual type atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions are about multitasking and how you access it.   Answer Question

New Graduate Development Program Business Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I first had a phone screen with recruiter, then two phone interviews with hiring managers (back to back), and was then flown out to Foster City for Super Day interviews (which included dinner, networking, four 1:1 interviews). The recruiters were very friendly and lovely to work with and all my interviews were positive. They really phrased much of the interviews as a get-to-know-you, why-Visa, why-NGDP process, and less as a test. I had maybe two non-behavioral questions throughout the whole process. I had a short case question in one of my two phone interviews with hiring managers, and one on Super Day, but it wasn't really anything I could have prepared for. They just want to know how you think and why you're interested in working for Visa!

Interview Questions

• Why Visa? What type of company culture are you looking for - startup or corporate?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, very generous offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. (UCLA, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Talked to the recruiter at a career fair and got the interview on the spot. When I went for the interview it was pretty informal and a one on one interview. It was pretty easy and I thought I answered the questions well.

Interview Questions

• How can you show that a binary search tree is is the same if you reflect it across its root   Answer Question

Staff QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I had around more than 10 Round of Interview all are 1 :1 with the team and hiring manager.. its an excellent Hiring process they are having.

Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Though campus recruitment. Talked with the campus recruiter in the on-campus career fair and got a quick interview a day after. Most questions are behavioral questions. I don't think I behave really well...so...

Interview Questions

• I didn't prepare very well on the question, "describe the biggest challenge you've encountered and how you dealt with it".   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very fast - since this was a entry level position, the turn around was only about a week. The interview process also doubled as a mini-job preview as the coordinator and interview panel conducted an interview via each of the interview methods Visa uses - phone, video, and in-person. Everyone I spoke with was incredibly friendly and helpful in answering all of my questions regarding the role and responsibilities. They clearly laid out the tasks I would be responsible for and what kind of person the had envisioned for this role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult scheduling experience you had and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Incredible interview process.
    It tested your ability to cope with long delays while your potential colleagues performed simple tasks, such as responding to your emails asking about your application status. Visa wants to measure how much patience you have, so they push you to the absolute edge to get an accurate estimate.
    My first interview was in October of 2014. (Note that I had to include the year.) After waiting weeks for a response, I was invited to an onsite. Weeks later, I received an online coding challenge. Months after that and after many emails from me encouraging the recruiting team to do their job (thereby testing my ability to communicate and work on a team), I finally received a response in April of 2015.
    Not many companies have the resources for an interview process that is this long. I guess they just want the best.

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (New York, NY).

Interview

I work in New York and applied for a position in Singapore as I was looking to move to Asia. I had an initial HR screen on phone and then 3 more interviews on phone - 2 business leaders and 1 HR leader from Asia. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. Phone interviews can be challenging but they went really well. The questions were about my background, why Visa, why the role, fit assessment, etc. There were no technical questions and I thought I had done quite well. Got great feedback from all the interviewers.

I followed up 2 weeks after initial interviews and I got a reply saying I wasn't selected for the final round as they thought even though I had good experience, when it came to business advisory experience, knowledge of the Asia region etc there were other stronger candidates. I was surprised to hear that as I was not asked a single question about either of the above topics so the judgement was made without actually testing those much.

In the end it felt a bit disappointing as I felt I wasn't given a fair shot.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Perhaps the one that made me think a bit was what I would do in the first 60 days   1 Answer