Visa Inc. Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

2.8

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

First round was a phone screen that went on for around half an hour.
    Was called onsite the very next day for 5 one to one rounds that went on for around 2 and half hours.

Interview Questions
    • None. Purely technical and based on what the requirements for the position are.   Answer Question

Senior Product Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

1) HR calls & gives a brief background of the position 2) No communication for about 4 weeks before a sudden email from the scheduling team for a phone screen with the hiring manager 3) After the phone screen you will be puzzled by the silence for another 4 weeks after which i got an email on a Saturday morning for my availability for an onsite interview .

One of the most important observations that i had is - the culture seems to be extra casual (rather non existent ) , people are carefree , disinterested and slow . The interviewers were totally not interested in the interview , they were more concerned about where i stay , how i reached the venue etc . This totally turned me off .

Interview Questions
    • There are absolutely no unexpected questions . All are based on the resume   Answer Question

New Grad Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

This was for a new grad position in Austin TX. I was called by a recruiter and he set up a 45 min phone interview with a director and manager. It was a mix of technical and analytical questions altogether.

Interview Questions
    • If Mary is currently 50 yrs old and her mother is 76 yrs old. How many years back was her mother 3 times as old as Mary?   View Answer
    • difference between circular, singly and doubly linked lists   Answer Question
    • difference between binary search and serial search and how you would traverse through the list in each case   Answer Question
    • CS fundamentals: trees, data structures, hash tables, algorithms   Answer Question
    • If there is an important project set by upper management that is high priority, and another internal project that has a sooner deadline within the team that is not really known to upper management, what would you work on first??   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Self-description, several behaviorals like your toughest challenge, a time of leadership, greatest weakness, and several market sizing questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Applied through University Recruiting system. Had in-person interview followed by two phone interviews. Received and accepted offer after the 2nd phone interview. The process took 2 weeks. Both of the interviews were largely fit and behavioral based. All standard questions and largely based off of resume-questioning. Know a lot about Visa and the payments industry in general. Have a good reason for wanting to work there, and know your resume well.

Summer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

5 email back and forth and two behavioral interviews. Basic questions, good things, bad things, succesful proyect, failed project. etc

Interview Questions

I had another offer at walmart.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Relaxed and long process. 4 interviews in total. They look for people that fit with their culture and are able to perform without supervision. I met with direct manager, talent acquisition and group peers

Corporate Reputation Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I submitted my resume online through my college career website. I was contacted by phone to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes of get-to-know me and my interest in the position. Questions were about my leadership experience, a time I overcame a problem in a work or school situation, something I was proud of, and other similar questions. Then I was contacted by phone to schedule an on-site interview at the Redwood City office. I was supposed to meet with three individuals, one executive and two other people with the company. Only one of the people was actually in the office. The other two interviews were over the phone in their conference room. Each interview was about 30 minute long. I was then escorted out of the building. I later received an email saying I did not get the position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the next big social media platform will be?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2014.

Consisted of couple rounds of interviews, mainly behavioral questions all throughout the interview. Why VISA, where do you see yourself in a couple of years, when did you lead a team etc.

Interview Questions
    • If your friends were to describe you in three words, what would they be   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

HR contacted for initial screening. Had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager after a few weeks. Heard back after 2 weeks that I am being invited for in-person interview on campus. A total of 6 people from the team interviewed me. Everyone sounded very positive. Hiring manager informed that I would know within 2 weeks. What was ridiculous was I never heard either ways even after 5-6 weeks. I followed up with the HR and hiring manager several times. The worst was that they kept telling me they were interested but never made an offer. Extremely slow. HR seems a little clueless as to what the next steps are. They are not prompt in responding. From my experience the whole experience took more than 10 weeks and still I dont have an answer. Decided to pursue another offer in hand.