Visa Inc.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Director Interview

Director
Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Relaxed and long process. 4 interviews in total. They look for people that fit with their culture and are able to perform without supervision. I met with direct manager, talent acquisition and group peers

Interview Question – Who is Visa main competitor?   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2010.

Interview Details – Referred to Visa by existing employee as part of employee referral program. Despite the inside assistance, I was not contacted by HR for 2 months. HR moves at glacial pace. It took regular follow-up calls by my contact to secure initial phone interview. HR asked basic questions and had me walk through last few positions, reasons for leaving, job challenges. It took 4 more weeks to schedule separate on-site interviews with hiring manager and his boss. A few more weeks passed before I was extended an offer. Visa likes to bring people in low and tout their "talent management" process for advancement. Fact is they bring you in low so you can get promoted to the level you had previously in about 3 years. The pay will be better so if you don't mind a lousy title with a decent salary you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you had with a client and how you turned it around.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR is generally unyielding on title and salary. They will tout benefits (good) and facility amenities i.e.,gym, cafeteria. Be prepared to get very little over initial offer but definitely push back.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Visa Inc. in May 2012.

Interview Details – It was a 3 month contract with possibilities of extension. There was a phone interview for 30 min and then the offer came in 3 hours. They did not extend and I found myself again in the job market.

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2014.

Interview Details – 5 email back and forth and two behavioral interviews. Basic questions, good things, bad things, succesful proyect, failed project. etc

Interview Question – what is the earths diameter   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer at walmart.

Director Interview

Director
Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2011.

Interview Details – Informational internview followed by in person interviews ( 2-3 rounds) Mostly behavioral questions were asked. expect person to be familiar with financial services space, depending on specific postion - ability to work in cross functional matrixed organizations is always considered a plus.

Interview Question – Interviewers are always looking to validate fit within the org culture and understanding of financial services space especially from a B2B perspective.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Self-description, several behaviorals like your toughest challenge, a time of leadership, greatest weakness, and several market sizing questions.

Interview Question – Estimate number of diapers sold in the U.S.   Answer Question

Senior Copywriter and Editor Interview

Senior Copywriter and Editor
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in December 2013.

Interview Details – Saw job f/t staff position posted in June 2013. 45 min phone interview set up by HR. Went well, at end told job not being filled til end of summer. Contacted HR every 3 wks agout it. Got call in DEC. asking for interview. 7 interviews in 2 visits - incl. 1 that hadn't been scheduled.

Negotiation Details – Bait-and switch. 6 mos after phone interview, and after 2 visits and 7 interviews for a STAFF position, my boss-to-be called and said "good news! we want to hire you!" gave me details, then said "oh, by the way, you'll be on contract for the first 3 months, then staff, ok?" Then offered me 14% less than at my previous job, too. I wanted a staff position and they'd strung me along for 6 months. Really on the spot so I said yes, figuring I'd do the 3 months and convert. After 3 months, they offered me another 3 month contract. (no benefits at all, no training, not invited to all-staff meetings, etc..) I bolted.

Intern Interview

Intern
Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview Details – Applied through University Recruiting system. Had in-person interview followed by two phone interviews. Received and accepted offer after the 2nd phone interview. The process took 2 weeks. Both of the interviews were largely fit and behavioral based. All standard questions and largely based off of resume-questioning. Know a lot about Visa and the payments industry in general. Have a good reason for wanting to work there, and know your resume well.

Interview Question – What is your 2nd biggest weakness.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

Interview Details – HR contacted for initial screening. Had a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager after a few weeks. Heard back after 2 weeks that I am being invited for in-person interview on campus. A total of 6 people from the team interviewed me. Everyone sounded very positive. Hiring manager informed that I would know within 2 weeks. What was ridiculous was I never heard either ways even after 5-6 weeks. I followed up with the HR and hiring manager several times. The worst was that they kept telling me they were interested but never made an offer. Extremely slow. HR seems a little clueless as to what the next steps are. They are not prompt in responding. From my experience the whole experience took more than 10 weeks and still I dont have an answer. Decided to pursue another offer in hand.

Interview Question – Why Visa?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2012.

Interview Details – Visa moves fast on interviews. I was initially phone screened then interviewed in person by 5 people from the IT and business side. The interviews were held all in the same day.

Interview Question – The project managers deal with a lot of finacials. The questions were around basic PM work but were heavily geared towards financial controls.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Visa Inc.

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Visa Inc. interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 61 interview reviews posted anonymously by Visa Inc. employees and interview candidates.