Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Visa Inc.
- Software Engineer (26)
- Intern (21)
- Director (15)
- Senior Business Leader (13)
- Business Leader (11)
- Systems Analyst (8)
- Staff Software Engineer (7)
- Senior Software Engineer (7)
- QA Engineer (7)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Manager (5)
- Intern - Hourly (5)
- Recruiting Coordinator (5)
- Senior QA Engineer (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Senior Systems Engineer (4)
- Customer Service Associate (4)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Senior Analyst (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Senior Financial Analyst (3)
- Program Manager (3)
- Product Manager (3)
- Consultant (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Implementation Analyst (3)
- Software (3)
- Staff QA Engineer (3)
- Information Security Analyst (3)
- Senior Director (3)
Helpful (1)No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in July 2015.
I had 30 minute phone interview, Interviewer called 10 minutes late. All went really well, he asked general quality question, one program, complexity and data structures. He said he would like to call for onsite interview and said Talk to you soon at the end, Only concerned he showed about salary range I was asking for. On the same day I got automated email for rejection and I emailed back to HR for feedback and said that I can go lower if I am getting good opportunity. She has no idea about reason for rejection and told me that we provide this much of salary to people who has 5 years of experience and all. I simply asked for feedback because I know after rejection they will not accept my candidacy, but this type of behavior is not acceptable. After 1 day she replied that actual reason was my communication & technical skills. Are you kidding?
- Array program, Complexity, DS, Test Cases Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in June 2015.
Initial phone screen with Human Resources person's assistant. Actual phone interview with Human Resources representative. In person interview with members of hiring team including peers and junior members of the team to determine personality fit within their group's culture. Follow up conversation with Human Resources person to talk about why the team chose to hire someone else.
- Do you think you will be bored doing mundane tasks? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in May 2015.
Applied for Staff Software Engineer position online using VISA carreers site. Got call from recruiter after 1 week. Talked briefly about my skills and experience and scheduled series of interviews. went through 8 rounds of interviews.
- All techinical questions, Java, Web Services, Algorithims, data base related, application performance improvement etc. Its all one on one interviews 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in April 2015.
Coordinated interview with campus recruiter followed by quick 30 minute behavioral interview with hiring manager. Spoke with manager to determine what the position's responsibilities were, what the team did, and determine if there was a fit. Offer came about a week later.
- Asked about my prior experiences, walk through resume. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.
I met a recruiter at the career fair. She emailed me a month later to schedule an OCR with a senior Enginer and the head director of engineering. I was interviewed on school for an hour and they were super nice. A week later HR called me and told me that I was accepted as an intern at visa. They gave me a relocating fee which was really generous.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in March 2015.
Three rounds in total and all three were technical hadoop related rounds. they were friendly and well prepared questions. Each round consisted of having to explain previous use cases. Questions about Spark, Hbase, Impala , Hive, Sqoop and Pig were asked in all the rounds. Overall a very good interview experience.
- What are map side joins? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.
I had 1 phone screen interview from HR and 1 phone interview from a Director. Then there was 1 hacker rank challenge. If everything is successful, they invite you for a Onsite interview. There were 3 one-one interviews on Onsite They take a lot of time after you attend the onsite interview to deliver the result.
- Phone interviews are based on your resume. hackerrank is simple if you keep practising on the hackerrank platform 2 onsite interviews are problem solving on Linked List, BST, System design , String One onsite interview with a person on various technologies you worked and what they expect 2 Answers
I guess Visa is growing its technology stack with a lot of young people. To be ahead of competitors they offer very good package which is considered one of the best.
Helpful (16)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2015.
First round: technical phone interview with software engineer Second round: code assessment online (4 multiple choice, 2 programming questions) Third round: onsite interview with three rounds, half technical half behavioral The most technical was the phone interview, the least was the onsite. Asked basic data structure/algorithm questions, some thread/IPC questions.
- Write an algorithm to print out all of the possible solutions for a^3 + b^3 = c^3 + d^3 3 Answers
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2015.
I was called for an In person Interview at Foster City.There were 3 rounds.People who interviewed me were good and friendly.They put me in a comfortable position.Whole Interview process took around one and half hour.Last round was with the hiring manager. After the interview, i felt like they were looking for people with more experience.
- Here are some of the questions that were asked: Java Program to reverse each String in a sentence = " Today is a Happy Day" , Output should be : " yadoT si a yppaH yaD". - Java program - if String= " ABC DEF" , output should be : A D B E C F - Questions on TestNG and the workflows, the order of execution with some scenarios - Why Web services and few questions on REST - what is the process followed in your project- say suppose we get any new requirements and then....??? Explain - Java - String, String Buffer, String Builder - Suppose String A= "ABCD", then A+test - does this give compile error. How string is immutable - Explain on Agile. Why Agile is better than Waterfall - Questions on Unix & SQL - Click on a button and nothing happens - what do you verify to debug - Gave a scenario and asked to identify the optimum scenarios. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in February 2015.
Attended career fair and got a call after couple of months for a phone screening. 1 hour of phone screening and then asked to take a coding challenge (2.5 hrs). After this, called for 3 rounds of onsite technical interview.
- Design a point of sale system Algorithms and Data strustures (Have good knowledge of it; many questions) Database related questions Explanation of word done at the previous company Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review