Visa Inc.

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Analyst
Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a response pretty quickly from HR. Had an initial conversation with the hiring manager, mostly around what type of work I had been doing. Then talk to four people on the phone in one day as a final interview. I got the offer without going onsite, as I was out of state. Visa is just starting to build up its analytics department, so the level of sophistication still levels something to be desired.

Interview Question – Simple break-even analysis   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There are so many more rigorous places in the Bay Area. The pay and career development / mentoring dimensions of this job were pretty lacking.

Foster City, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2011.

Interview Details – - Length / difficult of interview depends on Groups / Interviewers
- Lots of behavioral questions and decision comes down to skill / fit / what the interviewer has in mind of an ideal candidate
- The process took forever and hindered my opportunity to apply for other jobs in the Company

Interview Questions

Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Visa Inc. in July 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and the initial conversation was the typical overview of position, discussion of relevant experience and fit/interest. This is a step down in title for me but since it is a new position and different companies level their jobs differently, I'm willing to move forward to learn more about the position to see if it is a potential fit.

Recruiter forwarded my resume to internal recruiter to schedule onsite interview with the team within the next few days. Met with internal recruiter first and she asked some questions related to my current employer that are not directly related to my experience or the job (e.g., how is XX at your current company vs. what is your strategy to track/analyze XX?). Felt like she's trying to get an insider view of certain sensitive info since my current employer has a strong brand in the marketplace.

Then met with another person on the team that was fine. Hiring manager was next in line but he was handling an emergency so I "socialized" with another person on the team for over an hour, then met with the hiring manager briefly.

Overall perception of the company was they are very disorganized and hierarchical. Was asked several times by different interviewers what level/title of employees were in certain meetings/presentations.

The role was more narrow than my current job so I didn't think it was a fit. They never got back to me with a "no. thank you" after hanging out at their office just to wait for my next interview, which was not very professional.

Interview Question – Can you tell me a little bit about your analyst experience? What analysis/metrics have you done?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Visa Inc.

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Visa Inc. Videos

Visa Inc. – Why Work for Us?

Working at Visa Powering the Global Economy For more than half a century, Visa has pioneered the global shift away from cash and checks toward easier, safer and more convenient electronic payments. Our network — backed… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Visa Inc. Senior Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Visa Inc. employees and interview candidates.