Visa Inc.

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Foster City, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in June 2012.

Interview Details – 30 min phone interviews with Recruiter and Hiring Manager. After initial phone interviews, half day at HQ for 30-minute in-person interviews with various team members. Very casual and professional business environment. Many questions were repetitive throughout the day. Be prepared for an array of questions from discussing hobbies/interests, career aspirations, and ideal work culture.

Interview Questions

• Specific details about 5-year career goal: what you want to be, how you will get there but don't give a common generic answer of working hard and moving vertically to manager, director, etc.   Answer Question
  • Excel questions: GoalSeek, Pivot Tables   Answer Question

Foster City, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2010.

Interview Details – After a phone screening with HR and the hiring manager, an all day interview was arranged. (2 weeks after the phone interview) It was your typical group interview and most of the questions were standard "cookie-cutter" types. The people were friendly but seemed stressed and overworked. It took several calls and e-mails to finally get a response/offer (another 3 weeks or so) The HR/Recruiter are not always very prompt in getting back to you so be persistent.

Interview Question – Be prepared for Industry-related questions like "How does Visa make money?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I countered their offer and got what I wanted. Do not accept a low offer if if it's more than your current salary. The hours are long so and promotions and salary increases take time at Visa,

Senior Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Visa Inc. in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interviews were pretty straightforward. Wanted to make sure I had a good understanding of the business and how the company's financial statements. I met with a total of 4-5 people over two sets of interviews. I was also asked questions about my prior experience and strengths / weaknesses.

Interview Question – How does Visa's business model work? Explain the sources of revenue.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Visa Inc.

Worked for Visa Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Visa Inc. Senior Financial Analyst interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Visa Inc. employees and interview candidates.