Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Visa Inc.
- Software Engineer (32)
- Intern (21)
- Director (16)
- Senior Business Leader (13)
- Business Leader (11)
- QA Engineer (9)
- Senior Software Engineer (8)
- Systems Analyst (8)
- Staff Software Engineer (7)
- Business Analyst (6)
- Manager (5)
- Recruiting Coordinator (5)
- Senior QA Engineer (5)
- Intern - Hourly (5)
- Senior Systems Engineer (5)
- Customer Service Associate (5)
- Senior Analyst (4)
- Analyst (4)
- Senior Director (4)
- Information Security Analyst (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Implementation Analyst (3)
- Senior Project Manager (3)
- Software Engineering (3)
- Software (3)
- Staff QA Engineer (3)
- Senior Business Analyst (3)
- Financial Analyst (3)
- Consultant (3)
- Program Manager (3)
Senior Project Manager Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA).
Visa uses a vendor management system to post and fill job openings, so if you are in the market, you may receive the same job req from reveal staffing companies. The interview process is smooth and streamlined. Think of PMP concepts as well as a Agile Six Sigma approach. They are big on process and use of PMM tools. Be prepared to answer deeper questions on SDLC phases and the role of a PM is each
- What is Project Slack? 1 Answer
Simple as the rate was pre negotiated since it was a contract role.
Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.
Senior Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in August 2012.
This was the commercial card PMO. They had a thorough one face to face interview. It was friendly and conversational. A lot of questions around PMI methodology. Hiring manager, hiring manager's manager and 2 other project managers conducted the interview sequentially, not a group panel
- What do you do on a daily basis 1 Answer
It was through a recruiter, so the negotiation went through the recruiter
Senior Project Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX) in December 2010.
Have mastery of the full project life cycle from Initiation through delivery. Be able to identify each phase in a traditional project life cycle, entrance criteria for each phase, deliverables to be produced by the phase, and significant milestones and exit criteria. Have mastery of project financial management including estimating, forecasting, and financial/run rate tracking.
- Situational questions will be asked. In other words, being able to accurately answer a question(s) will not be sufficient. You will need to relate a prior professional experience that illuminates or informs your answer to a question. Example: What is your approach to problem solving? Provide an example of how you applied this approach when solving a significant project problem in a prior work situation. 2 Answers
No negotiation was needed as I liked the offer.