Visa Inc.

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

contacted by recruiter for an on campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes with all behavior questions. I have a good chat with them, the interviewers were friendly and nice. After I answered their questions, they gave me 5 minutes for asking about them. 1 month later, I got an email saying that I was not considered for the internship

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc. in February 2015.

Approached through university career fair. Got call for an interview for two days later. Interview was overall resume based. Asked about most interesting thing I have done in computer science since I was introduced to computers. Mostly emphasized on getting to know my profile.

Interview Questions
    • Project that I did other than for academics that I am proud of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2015.

Contacted by recruiter to arrange a 30-minute phone interview with an engineer, then invited to complete an online coding exercise. Invited onsite within a few days of the coding exercise for interviews, three 45-minute rounds of technical interviews with engineering staff. Interviewers seemed generally unhappy, and they asked vague questions and didn't provide much clarification when I asked for it. One interviewer was playing with their phone while I was telling him about myself. They took really long to get back to me.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Called for a face to face interview by the hiring manager. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes. Asked questions both technical and behavioral. The interviewee was very friendly and explained in detail the teams that I would be a match for.

Interview Questions
    • Related to my resume and some concepts in network security   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. in November 2014.

Visa was at a career fair I attended, and they had a signup sheet for an on-campus interview the next day. I signed up, showed up to the interview, and talked to the engineer. The interview was a mix of very basic technical questions, very stereotypical behavioral questions, and a software design question. I didn't hear back from them after the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Given hardware that can read the state of a spinning disk, which can take states red, green, or blue, design an API for users to be able to interface with the hardware.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA
    Anonymous Employee in UCLA, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in October 2014.

Talked to the recruiter at a career fair and got the interview on the spot. When I went for the interview it was pretty informal and a one on one interview. It was pretty easy and I thought I answered the questions well.

Interview Questions
    • How can you show that a binary search tree is is the same if you reflect it across its root   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

Mainly Behavioral. Nothing was unexpected and the interviewer was really nice and encouraging! It was more like an informal conversation and liked the whole process! I was given the interview on the day of my career fair and had my interview the next day. Overall, it went pretty smooth I believe.

Interview Questions
    • It was pretty straightforward. Just simple OOP concepts.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

I gave them my resume at a seminar hosted by them. They called me back about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. It's a very technical phone interview that you really must prepare for, or at least with the engineer I was set up with.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview contained a lot of questions about the mobile device I coded a lot of my side projects on, a lot of them would be difficult questions for an inexperienced mobile developer, so you must really know the architecture of that if that's where you interview revolves around.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Campus, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Campus, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc. in September 2014.

Got an interview through a school career fair. The woman I talked to was very nice and offered me an interview the same day. The recruiters were the ones that interviewed all students.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were behavioral. A few were basic C/C++ questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Visa Inc. in August 2014.

First round was a phone screen that went on for around half an hour.
    Was called onsite the very next day for 5 one to one rounds that went on for around 2 and half hours.

Interview Questions
    • None. Purely technical and based on what the requirements for the position are.   Answer Question