Visa Inc. Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I dropped a resume at the career fair. Talked to a manager at the career fair and he kept my resume and told me he would contact me soon. I was contacted a few days later for an on site interview with an engineer. Standard process of exchanging introductions and a technical interview

Interview Questions

• If you have student names and test scores return the k students who scored the highest   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Visa Inc.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

My interview was conducted over the phone and consisted of purely technical questions. The interviewer spoke softly and had a rather thick accent, which I don't hold against him but ultimately made every one of his utterances extremely difficult to understand. After this interview I was explicitly told that I'd be contacted with my results within 3 weeks, but Visa neglected to ever contact me. On top of this, Visa seems to have no consistency in how they conduct their interviews. I say this because I personally know people that had Visa phone interviews around the same time that I did, but their experiences were drastically easier and favored behavioral questions over technical.

Interview Questions

• Describe Euclid's Algorithm and provide some of its real world applications.   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a hash function and a secure hash function, and how would you go about altering a hash function to make it secure?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2015.

Interview

This is a phone interview. I submit the resume through university career fair. The interviewer called me and introduced visa then go through me resume and ask me some questions about my project and in the end, give me a coding test.

Interview Questions

• //A program to find the sum of contiguous subarray within a one-dimensional array of numbers which has the largest sum.
      //{-2, 3, 3, -1, -2, 1, 5, -3}
      //{2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5, 3}

1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Very relaxed, laid back. Was asked about experience, past interactions with groups, and some brain teasers. Interview process was mainly behavioral however there were some technical questions. Emphasis was placed more heavily upon if you would be a good fit for the company. Overall I found the interview process enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled group members who were hard to work with?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

contacted by recruiter for an on campus interview. The interview was 30 minutes with all behavior questions. I have a good chat with them, the interviewers were friendly and nice. After I answered their questions, they gave me 5 minutes for asking about them. 1 month later, I got an email saying that I was not considered for the internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 1 phone screen interview from HR and 1 phone interview from a Director.
    Then there was 1 hacker rank challenge.
    If everything is successful, they invite you for a Onsite interview.
    There were 3 one-one interviews on Onsite
    They take a lot of time after you attend the onsite interview to deliver the result.

Interview Questions

• Phone interviews are based on your resume.
      hackerrank is simple if you keep practising on the hackerrank platform
      2 onsite interviews are problem solving on Linked List, BST, System design , String
      One onsite interview with a person on various technologies you worked and what they expect

2 Answers

Negotiation

I guess Visa is growing its technology stack with a lot of young people. To be ahead of competitors they offer very good package which is considered one of the best.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc. (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Approached through university career fair. Got call for an interview for two days later. Interview was overall resume based. Asked about most interesting thing I have done in computer science since I was introduced to computers. Mostly emphasized on getting to know my profile.

Interview Questions

• Project that I did other than for academics that I am proud of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Canyon, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Canyon, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through university. Cleared first round. Did not receive any call. The interview experience was good. The interviewers are friendly. It took 45 mins. They asked me some basic programming and data structures questions. If we know the concepts it will be easy to clear first round. They asked me some behavioral questions and some questions on resume.

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to arrange a 30-minute phone interview with an engineer, then invited to complete an online coding exercise. Invited onsite within a few days of the coding exercise for interviews, three 45-minute rounds of technical interviews with engineering staff. Interviewers seemed generally unhappy, and they asked vague questions and didn't provide much clarification when I asked for it. One interviewer was playing with their phone while I was telling him about myself. They took really long to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Object-Oriented System Design Questions   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

Called for a face to face interview by the hiring manager. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes. Asked questions both technical and behavioral. The interviewee was very friendly and explained in detail the teams that I would be a match for.

Interview Questions

• Related to my resume and some concepts in network security   Answer Question